SHOWOFF: OSK Test Fits his Completed ESB Fett

From
    United States

SHOWOFF: OSK Test Fits his Completed ESB Fett

Hi all,

This is the first time I have assembled the ESB Rig I have been working on for the past few years.

Keep in mind, the model in the pictures is significantly smaller than Fett, and a girl to boot!! I had to do some padding to make up for her slightness and, um, boobs. Lol. We literally duct taped a folded bath towel around her waist to add some girth!! The towel actually backfored on us as we were dressing her, as it added too much girth. I should have just left it alone, as she is slim and trim and probably would have been OK without the artificial padding.

Also, forgive the background, these were shot in my basement where most of my tools are kept, so its not the nicest backdrop.

Also, the flash really washed out alot of the weathering, but, believe me, its there!!

Special Thanks to all my friends here at TDH, without whom I could never have done this. Especially, FP, MOW, SpideyFett, BatNinja and the TX Fett Crew, Rogue Studios, and all of the specifically enumerated parts providers below for their hard work and efforts.

Here is a part list, starting from the bottom up:

All Painting, Assembling and Weathering - OSK. Painted with Rogue Studios recommended paints coupled with the Texas Fett crew's "tweaks" culled from the TDH forums.

Boots - Evolution Studios. Modded by me with added piping and weathering as per SpideyFett's wonderful tutorial.

Ankle Ties - LadySewForUs. Stripped and re-dyed with RIT Evening Blue and weathered with tan, black, and grey paints

Flightsuit - BobaMaker. Stripped and re-dyed with RIT Evening Blue and weathered with tan, black, and grey paints

Shin Tools - MOW Studios.

Knees - FP Armor V3. Painted with Rogue Studios recommended paints coupled with the Texas Fett crew's "tweaks" culled from the TDH forums.

Knee Darts - Evolution Studios.

Belt Pouches - LadySewForUs. Stripped and re-dyed with RIT Evening Blue and weathered with tan, black, and grey paints.

Ammo Belt - 99CentTaco. Weathered with Polly Scale paints and airbrush. Weathered by rubbing into a brick wall (literally).

GirthBelt - Whistle8MP.

Sidearm - Man of War Studios. Painted with the Texas Fett crew's Polly Scale color recommendations culled from the TDH forums.

Sidearm Holster - FP Armor. This thing rocks.

Vest - CrazyForBobaFett aka 'The Jedi Closet'. Weathered with tan, black, and grey paints.

Armor (Shoulders, Cod, Chest, Back and Collar) - FP Armor V3. Painted with Rogue Studios recommended paints coupled with the Texas Fett crew's "tweaks" culled from the TDH forums. Trimmed by BatNinja.

Gauntlets - Man of War Studios - Painted with Rogue Studios recommended paints coupled with the Texas Fett crew's "tweaks" culled from the TDH forums and looking at the Phillip Wise suit (which explains why I glued the calc pad on wrong!!lol).

Gauntlet Aluminum Parts - Evolution Studios.

Gloves - Evolution Studios. Weathered with tan, black, and grey paints. Weathered on back of right hand with ochre acylics. These gloves are nice for the price btw.

Cape - CrazyForBobaFett. Weathered with tan, black, and grey paints.

Neckseal - LadySewForUs. Weathered with tan, black, and grey paints.

Wookie Braids - OSK.

Collar Studs - Evolution Studios.

Jetpack Harness - FettDad. Great guy. So very concerned about customer satisfaction.

Jetpack - Man of War Studios. Painted with Rogue Studios recommended paints coupled with the Texas Fett crew's "tweaks" culled from the TDH forums.

Jetpack Hooks - Madmartigan.

All Decals - Lucksy Designs. This guy was so upset that he sent me the wrong size decal for the JP, that he sent me a replacement for free.

Chest Lights - FettTronics.

Jetpack Beacon - old school light up BKBT.

ESB Blaster - Sidewinder with a Heiland flash tube (just couldt find a real MPP flash).

Blaster Strap - 99CentTaco.

Helmet - Modded and Partially Repainted MR.

I still need to get a US Divers buckle and set up that portion of the rig, but this is pretty close to being done.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,
    OSK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fett-fav-jpg   fett-torso-1-jpg   fett-torso-2-jpg  

fett-002-jpg   fett-003-jpg   fett-blaster-gaunt-jpg  

fett-blaster-jpg   fett-cape-stud-jpg   fett-chest-armor2-jpg  

fett-chest-armor-jpg   fett-cod-jpg   fett-full-body-jpg  

fett-helmet-1-jpg   fett-jetpack-helmet-jpg   fett-jp-jpg  

fett-left-bell-jpg   fett-left-boot-jpg   fett-left-gaunt-jpg  

fett-left-knee-jpg   fett-profile-1-jpg   fett-profile-2-jpg  

fett-right-bell-1-jpg   fett-right-bell-jpg   fett-right-boot-jpg  

fett-right-gaunt-jpg   fett-right-knee-jpg   fett-sidearm-jpg  

fett-studs-jpg   gauntlets-jpg  
    Last edited by obi sean kenobi; Aug 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM.

Re: SHOWOFF: OSK Test Fits his Completed ESB Fett

Sean,

That looks amazing man You sold yourself so short when you started this thing.

I know you've still got a little ways to go yet - but I've gotta say you did a terrific job on that paint-up !

I'm glad to FINALLY see that you're now amongst the "suited"

I can't believe you fell for that calc pad gag though You know Alex did that on purpose to see if anyone would notice don't ya

Best,

-Chris

From
    A small farm in Queen Creek, AZ

Sweet looking costume. Paint job is great.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

OSK,
    That REALLY came out nice bro!! Congrats!

OSK... Fantastic work my friend..always good to see a great ESB Fett done right.

and yeah, the calculator pad was kind of a joke..see: http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/fet...or/image12.asp

YOU DA MAN, LOVE IT ! :thumbup

From
    The Netherlands

Great job! I'm impressed!

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

nice work!!

From
    Orlando, FL

Really nice bro...get your bucket to sit up a little higher. I had the same problem. You want to see that neck seal!