Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 12, 2009, 12:53 AM - SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #1

So I've been working at Super-Slow speed at getting my BobaMaker Boba Fett ready for Halloween this year. After finally finishing my two son's costumes (one a kid Mando using the armor by TK2280 and the other a Jawa), I've had a few minutes here and there to get mine fitted to me right and ready to roll. Today I finally woz able to have a test fitting after trying for about 2 weeks to find the time to. I asked my wife to take a few shots - don't mind the sun, everything is painted and weathered just incredibly by DAZ. lol

The parts are as follows :
    Everything but the Boots, Lights, Girth, braids and cape - DAZ aka the amazing bobamaker

Lights - Fettronics
    Boots - The lifesaver terminal fettler.
    Girth - Got and sprayed myself from horseloverz.com as suggested via PM from woodman.
    Cape - TheGhraveArtist
    Wookie Braids - Wal*Mart

This outfit is far better than my Vader for a number of reasons, the most obvious is the cool factor and the nice COMFORTIBILITY and LIGHT WEIGHT of it. The jetpack is the heaviest part and that's a breeze!!

I'm so excited! I think it looks fantastic so I wanted to throw a post up here because, well honestly, if it wasn't for you guys here at TDH I would never have been able to do this! And there's only a few little things I need to fix - the lights I didn't turn on for the shots, the Jetpack is hanging a bit too low, which is no problem with a fast harness adjustment, and the wookiebraids but they'll do until my wife finished braiding up the horsehair for me.

Thank you all for your knowledge, help and direction.

Please be gentle. It's my first time. LOL!!

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004a.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	402.9 KB 
ID:	36990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005a.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	685.6 KB 
ID:	36991  
    Last edited by DP74; Oct 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM.
  2. Oct 12, 2009, 1:13 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #2

Now all you need is a costume for your little friend! Looks Good Is that a Bobamaker belt as well?
    Oct 12, 2009, 1:14 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #3

Quote Takemetoyourfett said: View Post
    Now all you need is a costume for your little friend! Looks Good
    LOL Yeah he had to get into the shot. He's a ham that way!

As for the belt, Yep!! Everything but the lights, braids, cape, girth and boots are BM. He does amazing work. The belt comes with the velcro ready to set up, too!

Thanks so much for the kind words!! I really appreciate it.

J
    Last edited by DP74; Oct 12, 2009 at 2:27 AM. Reason: Answer an edited in question. :)
    Oct 12, 2009, 8:21 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #4

You had me at "Bobamaker"...
    Oct 12, 2009, 9:14 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #5

Congratulations, looks great!!!

Now go roll around in the dirt a while
    Oct 12, 2009, 12:14 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #6

Just amazing!
    Oct 12, 2009, 2:06 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #7

looking good!
    Oct 12, 2009, 2:31 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #8

Looks Awesome, but I'm with Boo Boo... Go roll around and get that thing dirty!
    Oct 12, 2009, 2:54 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #9

Looks great buddy! Just need to dirty up the flight suit and soft parts. Have fun!

Kody
    Oct 12, 2009, 3:09 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #10

very nice, i can't wait to get my boba maker stuff, although i am having him dirty it up for me.
    Oct 12, 2009, 3:42 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #11

Thanks so much all!! It means alot to get the thumbs up from you lot. :thumbup
    The sun and flash on the closer shot really took out all of the weathering Daz did to the soft parts and stuff. I promise it's filthy! LOL
    I'll have to make sure and post proper pics with proper lighting so everyone can see just how cool it looks the next time I suit up on Halloween.

Thanks alot again guys!
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:00 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #12

So nice. Really makes me jealous that I dont have the $ to have a full suit by Halloween. The paint work is amazing.
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:05 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #13

Yeah, man. No pics ever do Daz's work justice. Not to detract AT ALL from anyone else here - I mean there are some incredible artists here. I just have yet to see any of their work in person and Daz spoiled me! LOL

I hope to get to some cons with this and mingle with the great costumers and artists here, and eventually apply to the 501st. I think not only will it be a fun thing for my family and I to get involved in, but the good cause and value of the charity work the 501st is involved in is a great lesson for our kids.
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:30 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #14

Amazing work, congratulations!
    Best regards
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:31 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #15

+1 on the 501st. Watching a St. Jude's commercial is what gave me the push I needed to even attempt this.
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:38 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #16

Thanks, eagc!!

Yeah, dsonik, I've been really toying around with the idea of applying for years now, and while I had a vader that could do it, a car accident back in 06 killed my back and vader is just TOO heavy now a days. I retired him last year and contacted Daz in November after joining up here and doing extensive / obsessive reading. So now with Fett, and the character really being a childhood obsession like Vader if not far worse, I'm REALLY excited at the prospect. So my loving wife and fantastic kids are now nudging me more and more to give it a shot with the 501st.

The only issue is finding a Garrison that's really active here in Abbotsford, BC Canada!! LOL
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:38 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #17

AMAZING armor, brother! Congrats!!!
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:52 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #18

Gotta tell ya. You know your a lucky man when the wife WANTS you to build a Fett suit. I, luckily, am in the same boat on that one. Although, she may be starting a Boush suit once my Fett gets further along. lol
    Oct 12, 2009, 6:55 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #19

I'll be going with the Fettronics display, as well (thanks deadland). Can't wait to see the pics of that lit up.
    Oct 12, 2009, 7:12 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #20

Thanks, Firespray!

No kidding, dsonik!!! LOL
    When I talked to Daz and got the whole listing and price sheet, I went to her and told her wot I woz thinking, and she smiled at me and simply said "It doesn't matter what it costs. Will it make you happy? Then do it." Now our youngest son has his custom Mando he and I painted and weathered up from the kid mando armor I got here, our middle son has a Jawa he absolutely loves and our oldest is "too old / too cool" for Halloween right now but he can't hide the smile when I'm in my get-up - he gets a kick out of it. All that's left is to convince the wife to get involved, and while she digs costuming, she's not crazy about it like we all are and zombies and horror are more her thing, although we have had great times at the Ren Faire years ago. She's a good crowd controller though for when the mod out on Halloween spot me. LOL
    And yeah I forgot to switch on the lights in my hurry to get some fast shots, but I have to say, the Fettronic lights are INSANELY bright! I took them outside to check them out in the sunlight and they show up great. I can only imagine Halloween night!

Here's a fast shot of our youngest in his custom Mando all painted and weathered by me. The helmet is one of those Rubies Jango deals, and he wanted to have some blue showing, so that's on purpose! LOL I plan to post as many pics as we can take on Halloween!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KidMandoDone5.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	567.7 KB 
ID:	37022  
    Oct 13, 2009, 11:17 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #21

Lucky kid. My oldest wanted to do Fett soooo bad this year (he's 5), but everything available was too big for him. So he'll prolly take his MR yoda FX saber and go Jedi, again. lol I'm prolly gonna order a full FettPride set-up, armor and gaunts. (my MR sig helmet arrives today and I'm giddier than a schoolgirl.
    Oct 21, 2009, 11:15 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #22

nice fett man, thats some expensive parts you have there
    Oct 22, 2009, 2:37 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #23

Thanks!! Yeah I figured if I was going to do this I was going to do it right and not have to be plagued by forever upgrading. lol!
    Oct 23, 2009, 8:03 PM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #24

Nice job mate! Very jealous....
    Oct 24, 2009, 11:17 AM - Re: SHOWOFF : It's Finished!! My BobaMaker Fett! #25

i love it