Shin tool casts by Dankenman - interest list and discussion

From
    Recently relocated to the Hoth-like Minnesota

Shin tool casts by Dankenman - interest list and discussion

Well everyone, I am still plugging through my found parts and just started the casting process of my original Patterson squeegee and stir stick. I also am making a knife attachment for the stir stick tip. I know it won't be cannon, but who knows what really is cannon since we never see the tip. I am making it in two separate parts so if someone were to find out what the original looked like, you could remove my knife part and make the new mods to the stir stick handle. I have some weird futuristic creative shapes I am considering for the blade.

If anyone has any thoughts on the blade shape, I will consider it. My scanner is not working so I cannot download my drawings yet, but I will post some shapes to see what people like, and I may even make a few different tips that will fit on the cast handle just for fun, and to give everyone a few options. I intend to not cut the long stir stick, but to have the blade cast slide over the tube part of the stir stick like a sheath.

Sorry no pics as of this time, but the molds will be done in the next few days.

Thoughts anyone?

From
    Northern VA

Re: Shin tool casts by Dankenman - interest list and discussion

I'm making my own set of shin tools but I might be interested in a cool knife "sheath" for my stirrer.

From
    North Texas

after your home run on the sidearm, I would be interested in a set for my custom mando.

From

I still am having scanner issues and want to get these pics up for review so I will have to hijack my own thread and ask:

My scanner is messed up. I added photoshop to my computer a while back and when I try to scan something the computer defaults to a photo program that I un-installed, the computers then says it cant find it and is not allowing me to scan to photoshop or to anything for that matter. I need to figure out how to remove this default so I can open it in photoshop.....any ideas?

From
    Galati, Romania

If you know the uninstalled program's name, you can go to your registry and delete all entry linked to that program. It may help...

Respect!

From

RafalFett said: View Post
    If you know the uninstalled program's name, you can go to your registry and delete all entry linked to that program. It may help...

Respect!
    Thank you, but I feel I am missing something. I know the program name, but am not finding anything linked to it. It was a program that came with a Panasonic digital camera. How do I get to the registry?

From
    Galati, Romania

If you use Windows, you can get to the registry from the Start menu at the 'Run...' where you type in 'regedit' then do a search with the program name. I don't know how to do it with other Operating Systems.

Respect!

From

cool, I will try that. Thank you RafalFett.
    I gotta run now but hopefully I can find it and remove it. otherwise I guess I can just take a pic of my drawings and download it that way.

From
    Galati, Romania

I use PaintShop Pro for drawing and importing scanned images. There is an option 'Select Source...' where the program let you choose the source from where to scan. You might find it at 'Import/Twain' or something similar.

Respect!

From

Ok, so I didn't find anything. I tried to open the scan and what happens now is it asks what I want to open it with, but it only offers that old program, which no longer exists. I need to find a way to add a new program to the options of what it should be opened with.

Anyway, I just took a pic of my crude drawings. The handle part will be cast from the original Paterson Chemical stirrer, so I didn't take too much time drawing that part accurately, just to get the idea.

From
    Northern VA

Maybe this will help?
    How to change or select which program starts when you double-click a file in Windows XP Not sure if you have xp but it might point you in the right direction.