Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shackman's Lights

From
    Lanett, AL

Re: Shackman's Lights

Shackman - PM me with price. May take awhile, but I would like to get a set one day...

From
    Massachusetts

I just finished installing my new ShackMan's Fett chest display lights. You guys aren't kidding when you say these are bright! I love it!

John Barrows, Jr.
    TK-1776

FettinProgress

Sent you a PM Shackman.
    Later Jay

PM'ed ya back Jay.

John, you wanna see "bright"? You should check out the R2 stuff ... you're talking blinding!

ATM

From
    Massachusetts

The R2 stuff is that good, huh?! That's awesome!

Ya know what would be cool? If we could get someone to make decals for car windows with the dashes and the letters you see on the chest display. And have it done in red.

--------
    501bla

Ya know what I mean? Kind of a dented helmet secret decal that we could put on our windows that would signify fellow Fetts. It's just an idea.

John Barrows, Jr.
    TK-1776

jangoboba

hey,give me the circit blue prints and a list of parts.I want to make my own.pm me with them.

Thanks to Brak's gracious hosting, you can find the schematics here:

Empire Strikes Back Chest Display Scematics

Just scroll down the page a bit. The parts lists are included in each part of the schematic. Just keep in mind (as others have missed ths part) that U4 is a microcontroller, which requires programming. Other than that, there's nothing tricky about it.

And FYI, for anyone interested in ordering a board, my last one went out the other day. I'm all out of etched circuit boards, and won't be ordering any more unless/until there's enough interest to justify it (that's the most expensive part of the work for me, having the boards etched). So I'm not saying that no one will be able to order one again, just that I'd need a couple/few committed buyers first. Again, just an FYI.

Thanks, and good luck (to Jangoboba) on building the board.

ATM
    ShackMan

Edit - Updated URL for ESB Chest Display
    Last edited by Art Andrews; Sep 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM.

Well Shack, you can put me down for a set of lights if others jump on and you can mangage it. Already have one set and they rock. Gonna need a set for ESB Fett once he comes around. [img]images/smiles//Albino.gif[/img]

Funny you should mention that, because I was just coming to post that I think another batch of etched boards may be coming up. I've had two spoken for (ready to make payment) and another one being just interested for now. This isn't quite enough to fund the etching (the boards will cost me more than both payments I receive). However, if others think they may want one in the not-too-distant future, I'll probably spring for it.

Sorry, I just get a bit precautious at ordering a large number of boards (like 18 - 24), and wondering if I'm going to have a bunch of them that never sell. Having no steady income to-date, it's hard to invest something I don't have. But it's better than ordering 4 or 5 boards, and paying $30 each for them (*just* for the etching that is).

Thanks,

ATM
    ShackMan

Can you PM me about these lights. They sound fantastic.

From
    Illinois

I'm sorry but I HAVE to echo what others said. I recently got some from a TDHer and I can't stopping looking at them. They definitely are a MUST for any Boba!!!!!

Thanks Jas.

ATM

EDIT: PM returned, and thanks David (for both posts below).

From
    Kamino (also known as Seattle)

hey Shackman, pm sent

From
    Pittsburgh

Well got my set of chest lights. Very bright and very clear. These are just awesome. Worth every penny. If you don't have a set, get one. You won't be disappointed.

David