SFP Jumpsuit Bulk Purchase

From
    Westchester County, NY

Re: SFP Jumpsuit Bulk Purchase

Quote:

Well, got my new jumpsuit. This isn't good. It's blue. Definitely asked for light gray - got light blue....
    Don't feel too bad. When I ordered mine from PP, I opened the package to find a TAN suit!!!

closedwheel 172 wrote:

O.k., heard back from Anton, I was definititely shipped the wrong color - yay(?)... He's gonna get me a light gray 1 out right away.

Here's a pic of the ESB blue color as compared to my old dark gray ROTJ (p.s. this shot is taken outside on a semi cloudy day. IMO, this blue is dead on to the ESB pics I've seen....

I have heard a lot of people being shipping the wrong colors by SFP and it has convinced me not to buy from them. This is like the 3rd or 4th time I have seen this on the boards and although they always say he will ship the right color I have to wonder what is going on there? Why can't they get it right the first time?

Yeah man, I read ur post a while back - absolute bang-on job correcting the tan issue, in fact when I first got my original ROTJ dark gray & I read ur post I figured I could bleach out the suit - tried a spat & TK409 can back me up on this - the dark gray suits are the most colorfast material I've ever seen! Again, that job u did on urs was outstanding!

As far as bf669's response re wrong colors being shipped the only thing I can say is Anton has provided good support. My only hope is that the suit makes it here b4 Oct 31!!

-Rod

Shoot. Cant see the pic. I want to see what the ESB one looks like.

From
    Michigan...The Motor City to be exact!

Wow! That ESB does look dead on!
    Please update my order to say ESB color for the possible second run of the orders.

From
    Flagstaff, AZ

padawan_schlicher, any updates?

From
    the OC

...could you please add me on the list for a possible 2nd run too???

Thanks
    Lewis

Mesa Tinks Mesa Wanna dat Boom Boom Gud T-sa K-sa 409sa Grey dat looky so good! Jar Jar RULES!

From
    Appleton, WI

Add me in for a 2nd run. ROTJ Light grey.

Flan, are you getting one??? I want to be in with you! Let me know if you know timing and tell me where to send PayPal. Thanks!

From
    Appleton, WI

Hopefully they will do a 2nd run......theres enough people to make it worth thier while.

Let us know powers that be!

sorry for my lack of updates, i was without a regular internet connection for awhile due to moving. I'm working out special payment arrangements between Anton, his credit card accepting company and myself, i should know more tomorrow.

My PayPal is itching to launch $75 dollars!!! Please don't force me to Dickey's myself...AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

From
    Palatine, IL

If there is every another run of these, count me in for a TK-409 grey. Thanks.

From
    Nashville, TN

Me too...if there's another run, I'm looking for a ESB suit.

From
    Sacramento, CA

has the order been sent in on this yet??? and if so is there a time frame when they will be done??

yah man, I hope the order has been sent already ..

closedwheel 172 wrote:

O.k., heard back from Anton, I was definititely shipped the wrong color - yay(?)... He's gonna get me a light gray 1 out right away.
    Here's a pic of the ESB blue color as compared to my old dark gray ROTJ (p.s. this shot is taken outside on a semi cloudy day. IMO, this blue is dead on to the ESB pics I've seen....

9/15/04:

Man, you guys are gonna hate me....

I now officially have in my possession all 3 colors offered by SFP - the original dark gray, the new "TK 409" light gray (which I must add I'm very happy w/), as well as the ESB blue as posted in a comparison pic above w/ the original dark gray.

But wait - there's a 4th color.

When I ordered the TK 409 color I requested 2 left pouches, which I rec'd. 'Course, as u read above I got ESB blue instead. With my Tk 409 suit I have rec'd a complimentary R blue pouch to make the blue suit 1 w/ a L & R pouch. I have been instructed to send the blue suit to the west coast.

Problem (not mine now, whew~!) is the new blue pouch is a different blue. I don't have a camera here @ the office but let's say the above pic describes the suit well - a light gray / blue, which IMHO (& MO only) def is closest to the ESB pics. The new blue pouch is way more blue than gray.

Hope I haven't ruined anyone's day, just thought a heads-up should be in order especially since a few members have agreed that they thought that the pic above was very close to the ESB color...

-Rod

::Edit:: fixed quote tags

interesting information. I would love for our contact to email Anton and make sure things are set to chris' (tk409) specs.

From
    Sacramento, CA

UPDATE!?!

O.k., here we go, the following is a scan of the materials - it really is incredible how the fabrics look entirely different under different lighting - I mean the original dark gray does not look that dark...

From L-R: Original Dark Gray, New "TK 409" Light Gray, ESB Blue/gray, ESB Blue

From
    Indiana

Great! thanks for posting the scan. These suits really do look different under different lighting.

From
    San Francisco, CA

Don't mean to be impatient or anything, but I sure could go for an update at this point.

Account Deactivated

You guys think we'll ever get an update?

I have had no response and a lot of people need suit for Halloween. Update this in case you need something. My wife is converting one of these for me...

http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Me...ategory_Code=C

They are $27 bucks plus shipping, 100% cotton, and I have a solution to address the double sleeve and shin tool pouches using 1 single suit. The fabric is relativiely easy to match for the pouches and should take dye well (though I am doing Pre-Pro ESB Albino). Order the long inseam, cut the sleeves to mid-arm short, save the long sleeve remnants, hem all edges. Link sleeve remnant with cheap webbing. Put webbing-linked sleeves on first, then put suit on...poof, double sleeve suit. Pant bottoms cut to proper in-seam. Use remnants to make shin tool pockets. Buy a yard or 2 of 100% cotton fabric at Jo-Ann's, Fabric World, etc. Get your mom or wife or girlfriend to sew the stuff, then you have a suit. Only 40 days left to Halloween. Parties are starting early since it is a Sunday Halloween. PM me if you want help on details.

slave1pilot wrote:

You guys think we'll ever get an update?
    Maybe you will get an update, but I am keeping my $75.