Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 6, 2005, 9:17 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #176

I had mentioned in mid-October you could make a suit for emergencies. One like this...

I did it with a $27.00 100% cotton suit from automotive workwear. I bisected the sleeves - then cut along the top and then went back to stich it together, triple hemmed the sleeve, removed back pockets with a seam splitter, pinned the sleeve remnants to a teeshirt, made some thigh and tool pockets (with $5.00 worth of cotton material, a glue gun, and a template off TDH), hemmed and tapered the calf area. It took my wife 1 hour to modify it.

I offered this suggestion then, and several people got very raw on me...thought I was meddling. I was just trying to help.

Anyone that is without jumpsuit, go to http://www.automotiveworkwear.com and get the longsleeve in white, dye to whatever color you want...100% cotton.

I had some surprisingly encouraging and positive PMs since my previous post. Thanks. Just don't like seeing friends taken on a ride when they have spent $1,000 bucks on everything else...but have no jumpsuit for C3...and it is safe to imagine I bet these do not get to the customers in time to be useful.

Later Friends,

If you need templates or further help with my alternate option...LMK.

John

Quote BigaboyFett said:
    A friend of mine has been waiting half a year for his stuff. This string was *LIST CLOSED* after Christmas. It was open well before Halloween 2004. Some "important" TDH'ers thought, and mentioned on the string (and in PMs), I was a jerk for offering help to guys who were faced with not being prepared for Halloween 2004...and this same list is unfulfilled the week before C3? Give me a break.

Chime in if you think this SFP deal has been so awesome and great! I got scolded for no reason in September 2004 other than trying to help people faced with no jumpsuit for Halloween with a simple tutorial. Oh well, I see mods have distanced themselves from this and tidied up the string.

Sorry to go off...it came from a long period of watching everyone go "yay! I hope I get it and I hope it fits and I hope it is not screwed up."

Good luck to all my friends on this ride. Sometimes someone has to speak up and not hold it inside.

Later Friends,

John
    Apr 6, 2005, 3:28 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #177

Well depite the above negitaive comments that were totally not needed, the jumpsuits arrived to me today and I will be shipping them out over the next 2 days. Everyone will have them in time.

Bigboyfett in the future if I do public runs for members please refrain for adding negative comments in them. Some things take time and paitience, that seems to be a quality that everyone else has but you lack. I respect you trying to help out other members, but telling everyone (including the mods) that they need to demand a refund is out of line.

So back to the good news, the jumpsuits came in today, I got them from the post man on my way out to work, I have not opened the box yet but I will tonight and get them packed up to ship out. I will start shipping tomorrow and finnish on Saturday.
    Apr 6, 2005, 5:13 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #178

Everyone can quit sweating about missing yet another event from this pie of a situation.

And sometimes criticism is, like, totally needed.

In September, before it turned into this mess, and being locked down by TDH, and all the posted complaints, before and after Halloween, which were deleted for you. During that period before Halloween, I was offering to help the guys on this string in September with a mere tutorial, and you and others jumped on me in open forum. I was offering options...people missed events due to this "management" of an order.

Your reply message today, here in the open forum, is mirroring my mentioned negativity... with negativity. I do not care...you are the one who has been feeling heat from customers. Anyway, I have received PMs applauding my remarks as well.

As a community, it is allowable to disagree, post opinions, complain, whine...whatever.

I hope they fit your customers. I hope they are the right color. I hope none were forgotten.

We shall see over the next week.

Chime in.

-J
    Apr 6, 2005, 5:31 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #179

Um lets not forget here that I was doing this group a favor by setting up the bulk run, many people asked for a SFP jumpsuit by name. No one else wanted to step up to help the members get what they wanted, so I did. When I had not heard from Anton I even looked into other sources for jumpsuits, and was told that many people did not want another brand, they wanted a SFP jumpsuit and were willing to wait for it. If you feel my managment skills with this were lacking then why didn't you step up to order what people wanted? Offering a substitue wasn't an option for many of these guys. I have also been thanked by nearly everyone on this order for doing this, and keeping them updated. It would have been real easy for me to quit and send everyone their money back and just wash my hands of all of it. But I stuck with the order and the group to get them what they wanted. There were no promises of when these would be delieved except in time for C3, and it looks like I will make good on that end of the deal. SO at what point have I wronged these people? Did I take all their money and dissapear? No. Did I make totaly unreal claims as to time, or anything? No.

Actually I have not "jumped on you" in the past. Others might have, but I did not. I might have asked you to keep from driving my post totaly off topic but I have never "jumped on you".

All I am asking of you is, if you want to offer up jumpsuits for the members, do so in another thread. Please don't cut down a favor I did for our members by calling the run a "pie of a situtaion" or anything else. Since you didn't order a jumpsuit in this run why does it even concern you?
    Apr 6, 2005, 6:57 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #180

Ok, I am going to politely ask that if you have any more complaints, Bigaboyfett, that you please keep them off of the forum and keep them confined to pm's only.

you should be careful or the moderators will get upset with you). The Mods should shut this down, ask for a full refund on behalf of everyone that has cash floating in this mess, and delete this string.
    As for being careful or the moderators will get upset with you- yes we will if you do not abide by our code of conduct, and more specifically the section in reguards to respecting fellow forum members. As for the mods closing this down and asking for a refund, again, the code of conduct states that the administration staff does not arbitrate sales disputes.

Unfortunately, part of building costumes and props is waiting on others. Pretty much all of us at one time or another have had to wait very very patiently for a projects to be completed. I know the Jango boot project took at least a year to finally come through. Unfortunately it does sometimes happen that when you are counting on others for items, they do not arrive in time for certain events. It is an unfortunately one of the frustrations of this hobby.
    Apr 7, 2005, 12:23 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #181

Thanks for the update!!!

..... um .... no thanks for the tangent .......
    Apr 7, 2005, 12:53 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #182

Um...being tangential is what makes us capable of adaptive reasoning.

Quote MonCal said:
    Thanks for the update!!!

..... um .... no thanks for the tangent .......
    Apr 7, 2005, 1:23 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #183

These prop boards don't need to be so stressful!

not to mention there is always someone with a torch ready for a witchhunt....
    Apr 7, 2005, 1:38 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #184

agreed. I know I felt the heat...and how dare I mention alternatives to waiting 7 months for paid-for items that may fit or may be even correct.

It is not really about the issue of the tardy delivery, errors in handling (or fault of 3rd party distributors) any longer, but the odd acceptance of these circumstances by so many, and the protective behaviors towards those at fault...and ridicule to the ones (or one) who question this...situation.

Here are some possible remarks after I am tired of remarking about this..."Hey thanks for the update, the suit is only half a year late after I bought it - thanks for doing me that favor, and you saved me $9.00, I am not sore that I missed Halloween in 2004...but I can't wait to get it...do you need my address again? My size? Celebration 3 is 7 days away. I am glad I was strategic."

Yep...I feel stressed, and I did not even pay for one of these.

Thanks for the update and goodnight.
    Apr 7, 2005, 1:41 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #185

Quote MonCal said:
    These prop boards don't need to be so stressful!

not to mention there is always someone with a torch ready for a witchhunt....
    No kidding!!!
  11. Apr 7, 2005, 1:04 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #186

sorry to burst your bubble bigmouthfett but the order didnt go in til the very end of january. so in reality this is not a long time to wait for handmade items. 2 1/2 months to make all these is a nice quick time.

now where were you when i bought two expensive pieces of crap jet packs from someone on here that is suppose to be very good at making stuff. now talk about waiting and waiting and waiting and finally recieve crap in the mail.

austin
    Apr 7, 2005, 1:11 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #187

All right...this is nuts guys! Our order is coming in...we'll get them before C3 as promised...it's water under the bridge. Can we all just drop it?

All of this negative banter and the back'anforth is really not necessary.

"Can't we all just get along?"
    Apr 7, 2005, 2:03 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #188

Agreed. Water under the bridge. Prymer13, you have a calming effect. Thanks.

Hmm...bigmouth, has nice ring to it.

Later,

-J

Quote Prymer13 said:
    All right...this is nuts guys! Our order is coming in...we'll get them before C3 as promised...it's water under the bridge. Can we all just drop it?

All of this negative banter and the back'anforth is really not necessary.

"Can't we all just get along?"
  14. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Apr 7, 2005, 4:05 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #189

And if it isn't dropped, then I WILL put an end to it.
    Apr 7, 2005, 7:02 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #190

Woohoo! Mirax!!! We love you!

You know I think some of these "boys" just want to get spanked by Mirax.
    Apr 8, 2005, 11:42 AM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #191

GEO! You are so correct! As for the spank from Mirax...I am expecting it...don't you know that is why all this happened!

I think Austin is going to spank me harder though.

-J
  17. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Apr 8, 2005, 7:56 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #192

For all those concerned (and for those who aren't) I agree with Bigmouthfett 100%.

He has a valid point ,perhaps not vented in the right forum, but still valid.

I was in on the first order, Got the wrong size. Anton said to resell It & re-order a new one.I did that. That was Nov 15.
    I received a few emails (after SEVERAL attempts to contact Anton)stating that it was "in progress" & would be shipped soon.
    I finally received an email stating that it was shipped on March 20th. It was accompanied with a tracking number that was invaild.
    I emailed SFP to see if there was an error with the number. (this was Mar 30.)
    Here is his response 3 days later
    "Your item left MANILA, PHILIPPINES at 9:43 am on March 31, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
    I don't know why it took this long to get past manila, but a lot of packages got delayed lately. It should be there in a few days."

I recheck the number (as lately as today) & this is what it says
    "The EMS item number was not found. Please check the item number once again. (11) "

Needless to say, my jumpsuit is still not here.today is April 8.

So when "Bigmouth" vents & tries to shake people into reality, let's not be so quick to condemn him. Perhaps if we opened our eyes, we would see that he does make sense.
    And for you Predatormy, I too only wanted a SFP jumpsuit. I do appreciate you going the extra mile to try & help us all out. As i am doing a bulk run of ammo pouches right now, I realize what a pain it is to coordinate.

Also, Identifying a problem doesn't always necessitate a coming up with a solution. Just because YOU see a problem does not mean that YOU have to fix it, but letting all involved know about it may lead to SOMEONE coming up with a solution.

So if I upset the mods & get busted with Bigmouth, then at least I'll not be alone , nor amongst the lemmings.
    After all, I still have the RPF if I really need to contact my fellow nerds.

Oh yeah, you can call me "slave1piehole" if it makes you feel better.
    Last edited by slave1pilot; Apr 8, 2005 at 9:59 PM.
    Apr 11, 2005, 12:42 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #193

Quote Predatormv said:
    ... the jumpsuits arrived to me today and I will be shipping them out over the next 2 days. Everyone will have them in time.

*off topic section*

So back to the good news, the jumpsuits came in today, I got them from the post man on my way out to work, I have not opened the box yet but I will tonight and get them packed up to ship out. I will start shipping tomorrow and finnish on Saturday.
    Did you get them all shipped by Saturday?
    Apr 11, 2005, 3:43 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #194

No I went to the post office after they closed (did anyone know they close at noon on saturdays?) The last went out today. All went priority mail and should be there in 2 days. Canada guys should have them by the end of the week.
    Apr 11, 2005, 3:53 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #195

Yea, the post offices and the banks are on some other kind of universal timeframe.
    Apr 11, 2005, 4:58 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #196

Quote Predatormv said:
    No I went to the post office after they closed (did anyone know they close at noon on saturdays?) The last went out today. All went priority mail and should be there in 2 days. Canada guys should have them by the end of the week.

Right on! I'll keep an eye out for the mailman!8)
  22. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    Apr 11, 2005, 9:34 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #197

Awesome - looking forward to it
  23. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Apr 12, 2005, 8:24 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #198

I finally received my jumpsuit (re-issue from a botched first run)Monday April 11.
    I was very excited, as I had just about lost hope in ever getting it.
    My excitement soon faded as I pulled it out of the well-taped box (that included some very nice Filipino newspaper comics as packing material.)
    There in my hands, was a very nice grayish-purple jumpsuit.
    Was the ROTJ suit quasi-purple? (I'm not sure.I'll have to watch it again.)
    No big deal (I guess I should be happy that I have anything at all) I can just re-dye this second try jumpsuit.
    Let me try this bad-boy on .
    a little snug going on (maybe I've gained weight), as I pull it up over my shoulders, I am treated to what I can only describe as an "atomic Wedgie".
    This thing is creeping up my nether regions something fierce (maybe I've also gotten taller) I try to get comfortable in my newfound canvas thong.No good.
    Still a "tad" uncomfortable (hat's off to the ladies , who do this on a daily basis).
    Maybe if I put my arms down it will help illeviate this pressure. Hmmmm...the sleeves hang to my knuckles( did my arms shrink as I've gotten fatter & taller?). The "short-sleeve" edge is below the bend in my elbow(that doesn't look right either)Hmmm....
    Let me zip it up. It zips a little snugly (back to the weight gain, I guess)
    How about the collar? No dice, can't even get the velcro near each other, let alone stick together. ( I guess my neck swole up too).
    So, not only have I gotten taller & fatter, had my arms shrink, but now my neck has swollen up like a bullfrog.
    Let me re-check my measurements that I sent to Anton 3 times. (see below)

What to do?
    Spend even more money & Try & have this thing altered?
    Send it back (again spend more money) & wait til Christmas for a new one?
    Find some long-armed pencil neck to buy it?
    OR...
    Do what BigaboyFett suggested many months ago & just make my own.
    That's a pretty tuff decision.
    Guess I'd better brush up on my sewing skills.

Good luck 2nd run guys, & Godspeed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sigh.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	2089  
    Apr 13, 2005, 2:12 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #199

sorry to hear about your jumpsuit man, that does indeed suck.

I did recieve my jumpsuit today from this second run list. And......it fit me perfectly! The size and the color are spot on. I even asked for a different size neck(16" neck) than what it came with, and I got what I asked for, a 16" neck. Great stitching quality, and material, looks like it could stand some abuse of trooping for a long time in it.

Many thanks go out to Predatormv for taking time out of his busy schedule to set this up for us. And for taking all of the flak he has been getting from all sides- from ansty cutstomers with lots of questions(like myself) and also the critics. Stand up guy in my book. Thanks again Predatormv. I'll post pics either tonight when I get off of work or tomorrow.
    Apr 13, 2005, 3:11 PM - Re: SFP 2nd run list. *LIST CLOSED* UPDATE 12/29 Important #200

Thank you for the kind words Sithlord, glad you are pleased and everything worked out as you requested.