SE Boba scratch build

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

SE Boba scratch build

Hello everyone, and welcome to my ROTJ SE scratch build thread!
    Before I get started I just wanted to say thank you to the entire community here, for allowing me to join, and for your collective knowledge and talent. The sheer amount of information gathered here is unparalleled, thank you all.
    Like the title suggests I'm going to build as much as I can, at least as far as the helm and amour is concerned. For the soft parts I might have a go if time allows, but looking around here there a lot of real talented artists here who I hope to turn to. Building this costume will introduce me to some new processes like moulding/casting, and airbrushing so it's all very exciting!

The helmet and gauntlets are from Skips pepakura(hope that's correct), the helm I have a love-hate thing going on, may or may not have the right shape but it fits over my glasses. The gauntlets I'm not sure how to finish them, at the moment I can't fibreglass the inside because of the layered detail top pieces(not shown are the bottoms). The amour is going to be made from 3mm sintra.
    Again a big thanks to all of you for all the great work you do, I welcome any advice, inputs, thoughts, and questions(I have many).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg   image-jpg   image-jpg  

image-jpg   image-jpg   image-jpg  

image-jpg   image-jpg   image-jpg  

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

Re: SE Boba scratch build

So just a small update, i've decided on using RafalFett's awesome templates. Within the next few days I'll get them cut and assembled to test the fit/size before moving onto sintra, and I might make a new helmet. Any thoughts on the one I have? Also I apologize for my sideways pics in the first post, not sure why it happened lol, try harder next time to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Cheers, Beard

Looking good so far, keep it up. Be sure to post plenty of pics along the way

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

So it's been awhile since my last post, work has been keeping me busy, but I can finally get back to building my Fett! So I cut my templates and did a rough test fit, it's not the best but I hope it shows the size accurately enough, what do you guys think, to big/small? It all felt pretty good, looked nice up close. Thanks in advance for your input

Cheers, Beard

- - - Updated - - -

Armydad said: View Post
    Looking good so far, keep it up. Be sure to post plenty of pics along the way
    It's a bit late of a reply, but thanks dude! I will definitely post as much as I can in the near future
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_3926-png   img_0490-png  

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

So a small update, finally got a hold of some 3mm sintra, enough to make all my armor. The funny thing, I'm 3days away from a 8 day fishing trip! It will be a couple weeks, but there will be a whirlwind of progress (hopefully) on my Fett. See you all soon

Cheers, TheBeard

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

Got most of my templates traced onto 3mm sintra, now for some cutting. For the knees and maybe the shoulders im going to try something different, i'll post that this evening

Cheers, TheBeard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-2-jpg  

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

So a bunch of stuff to show, put in the triangles and the dent, and finished up the ears, still have to tackle the range finder. Going to fiberglass the helm within the week. Cut my armor from 3mm sintra, had the not so great idea of cutting it bigger then sand to shape. In practice theres a lot sanding so i'm going to trim with a knife then sand. The knees and shoulders, I saw this trick on the mando mercs facebook page, to use pvc elbows to make them so going to give it a try. I will post the results later today. On a side note, sorry for the rotated pics, not sure why they did that. I messed around trying to fix it for 30 min and still couldn't fix it.
    More to come soon

Cheers, TheBeard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0507-jpg   img_0509-jpg   img_0511-jpg  

img_4067-jpg   img_4069-jpg   img_4096-jpg  

img_0513-jpg   img_0515-jpg   img_0517-jpg  

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

So cutting the PVC elbows wasn't that hard, with some sanding I think this will work. Still not sure why the pics are sideways, I've tried to fix it but nothing so far has worked.

Cheers, TheBeard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image-jpg   image-jpg   image-jpg  

Sideways pics happened to me too. No idea on how to fix that. I saw the post on the Mando Mercs page too and was wondering about it. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

From
    Calgary,Alberta, Canada

Mandalorian2112 said: View Post
    Sideways pics happened to me too. No idea on how to fix that. I saw the post on the Mando Mercs page too and was wondering about it. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
    I'll keep you posted! Just picked up a few more, this time tomorrow I will have details, and more sideways pics