Jul 14, 2010, 10:50 PM - screen accurate jetpack harness for my mow jetpack #1

[IMG][/IMG] HI everbody , here is some pictures of my jetpack harness i have built for my jetpack. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] I built it using the info on the offical jetpack harness thread , it wasn't easy but i'm pretty sure it close to real one. Here some pictures of the frame and some of the parts. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] I used aluminum for the tube , i bent using a custom die to form the 3.5 inside space between the tubes. i also bent upper part of the tube foward , like the original. the cross bracket where made on a custom made rollform machine , that made both p shape ends at the same time. all the parts i had to make forming dies for , some parts multistage dies. the cross bar i used a flexible piece of stainless steel , so it could conform to the curve of the jetpack ,looking closly at the original harness frame the cross bar was about thickness of the secondary bracket on the frame . I used stainless steel for almost everything except the tube , diamond shape rings ( the diamond shape rings were alot easier to form using aluminum). The lower clip is a little different then original , it consist of three parts ,the clip , locking plate and a spacer plate. the locking plate locks the crossbar into it and spacer helps prevent the edges of the crossbar from gouging into the jetpack. Heres some pictures of the clip. [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] Thanks for checking it out ,
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jul 14, 2010, 11:55 PM - Re: screen accurate jetpack harness for my mow jetpack #2

nice work
  4. Sep 24, 2012, 12:52 PM - Re: screen accurate jetpack harness for my mow jetpack #3

Wow! That's awesome! This is direction I'm leaning towards with mine, but I've never worked with metal before. Looks amazing though man!