I finally got around to using some of my own templates.
This was done during lunch at work with what materials I had on hand, it is built up of 5 layers of mat board, a glue stick, super glue and a tooth pick. I used the glue stick to laminate the layers and once I had the basic shape I hit the whole thing with super glue to harden it up, the mat board really soaks up the super glue, making the park pretty solid. I did the sanding with an emery board I got from one of my female coworkers.
Ok, I did take it home to prime it.
Yeah, it is still pretty rough, but with a little clean up and filling it should look ok on the stock. Especially since find an original it out of the question.