This is my ROTJ EE-3 scratch built blaster. Started out with a 2" diameter PVC pipe and went from there. The vast majority of the construction I did using pepakura. I used a number of photo references, WOF templates, & a google sketchup 3D drawing by Charles Rhodes.
I used a layer of cardboard over the 2" diameter PVC to get the diameter needed.
The handle, trigger, hammer, & stock attachment are all done by laminating .060" architectural cardboard together with some internal reinforcements. Then all sanded and filled.
The stock I drew up in 3D in cad. Then used that to create a pepakura file. I used this as the template to make the hollow shell. Then I cut pieces and created layers within the shell to make it solid using the architectural cardboard. Filling the radius in each layer to make this one solid piece. I did this in halves and glued both sides together. When compoleted I coated everything with a layer of smooth cast to create a hard shell. The stock attachment was also screwed & glued to the stock. The greeblie pieces were made of the architectural cardboard in layers to give depth.
The chamber, lock piece, & nose cone were done in pepakura & then filled with smooth cast to make them solid pieces.
There is a 5/8" diameter PVC tube running through the barrel which is attached to the nose cone and the cap at the end of the barrell. The chamber prior to being filled with smooth cast was bolted to the barrel using a 1/2" bolt that threads into the 5/8" PVC tube. Then the pistol grip assembly was screwed and attached to the chamber. When this was all assembled the chamber was filled with smooth cast to make it solid and to hold everything together. Then I attached the locking mechanisim.
The right side grip was hand made using layers of the architectural cardboard using the insert from a Crossman 357 pellet gun to fit.
The T-tracks were all hand made using 3/4" strips of the .060" architectural cardboard. I scored them in 3 spots and folded them into the shape. I glued them into shape using superglue. When I had them into shape I some clean up and them took 110 pound card stock & created a shell over the cardboard to give it a cleaner look. I used a wood glue for this. I have found that the wood glue bonds excellent with the paper & cardboard. It works really well for doing the pepakura.
The greeblies on the chamber were made from cardboard pieces.
After the barrel assembly, chamber, & grip were assemble i did a coating of smooth cast to give it a hard shell. The smooth cast actually absorbs into the paper & cardboard as well as penetrating any small holes, it really seems to bind things together making them really solid.
The scope is a Simmons which I am going to modify. I need to lengthen it some. I also have "Stunt" version scope mounts to use as well.
I have started the painting of this and it is in process.
This turned out to be pretty light as well, weighing in just under 4 pounds. Pretty happy with my first attempt at a scratch build so far. I have to say it has been very time consuming.
Post #13 (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/s...58/#post607458) has all the PDO & PDF files for all the pepakura files in Letter & A4 formats. Except for the stock & the stock attachment all files were developed from Charles Rhodes 3D file. The stock attachment & stock may not work with other kits or pieces. If there are any questions please let me know.
Here is the link for the Pepakura Viewer: