Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

  1. #26

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    escho34 said: View Post
    nice!!!

    Preciate ya!

    G-Fett

  2. #27
    vadr_h8r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    From
    Greensburg Indiana
    Posts
    832

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    I love where you are going with this blaster!! Now I got the itch (not THAT itch...vagisil..eeewww ) to go to the thrift store!!:thumbup

  3. #28
    Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    I'll be posting a template you can use for ref.

    adjust to fit your tube.

    It'll be up in an hour or so..
    Last edited by Sixxgunn13; Aug 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM.

  4. #29
    xero's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    From
    Central Michigan University, MI
    Posts
    186

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Studio Fett said: View Post
    Yeah I started to do that, and my bit skipped because of the roundness and scratched the tube, so I put that idea away temporarily. But if you wanted to post your pics, that would be cool.

    G-Fett
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't he wrap the tube in some masking tape, and then drill through it? The tape should allow the bit to "bite" into the material, instead of slipping off. A drill press and bench clamp would be good too...

    Looking VERY good Studio! Keep it up!

  5. #30

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    vadr_h8r said: View Post
    I love where you are going with this blaster!! Now I got the itch (not THAT itch...vagisil..eeewww ) to go to the thrift store!!:thumbup

    Thanks alot, haha, too funny.

  6. #31

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    xero said: View Post
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't he wrap the tube in some masking tape, and then drill through it? The tape should allow the bit to "bite" into the material, instead of slipping off. A drill press and bench clamp would be good too...

    Looking VERY good Studio! Keep it up!
    That's a great idea, thanks for sharing, I might give that a try. Appreciate the comments.

    G-Fett

  7. #32
    I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    760

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    That looks awesome so far, you might even inspire me to scratchbuild my own blaster! I am afraid to venture there though.

  8. #33

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    987654321a said: View Post
    That looks awesome so far, you might even inspire me to scratchbuild my own blaster! I am afraid to venture there though.

    Hey thanks alot! It takes a lot of time, that's for sure! Good luck.

    G-Fett

  9. #34

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    hey sooner brother, i have an extra set of the scope pieces that fit on the side of each scope mount... let me know if you are interested in them...i wont be needing them since i got the kit from sidewinder...the ones with the holes...great job man, very inspiring...

  10. #35

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    FettDad said: View Post
    hey sooner brother, i have an extra set of the scope pieces that fit on the side of each scope mount... let me know if you are interested in them...i wont be needing them since i got the kit from sidewinder...the ones with the holes...great job man, very inspiring...

    Aw sweet! Yeah, I need em, pm me with the details! Thanks bro!

    G-Fett

  11. #36
    Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Not sure why its black instead of white... posted it last week but link didnt work.

  12. #37

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Update guys!!! Here' s the progress on my scratch built stock.






    Here's after the stain process, I got the wrong color I guess, cuz it wasn't red enough, so I got out my acrylics and smeared a small amount of maroon and bingo! Layers of polyurethane later we're done:





    Thanks for looking guys!

    G-Fett

  13. #38
    jose's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    From
    houston
    Posts
    104

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    thats sweet really nice

  14. #39

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    jose said: View Post
    thats sweet really nice
    Thanks alot Jose!

    G-Fett

  15. #40
    Sixxgunn13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Canada, on the planet of Hoth.
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Looks good but i think the "slot" for the bracket looks too wide.
    I read in another thread you may buy someone's extra Sidewinder ESB blaster bracket/handle ... I owned one for a brief moment and the slot is slimmer.

    hope it helps... I just hate to see all that work, re-worked.
    Last edited by Sixxgunn13; Aug 27, 2008 at 12:40 AM.

  16. #41

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Sixxgunn13 said: View Post
    Looks good but i think the "slot" for the bracket looks too wide.
    I read in another thread you may buy someone's extra Sidewinder ESB blaster bracket/handle ... I owned one for a brief moment and the slot is slimmer.

    hope it helps... I just hate to see all that work, re-worked.
    Yeah, you're right, I got kinda crazy with the dremel and was like "Dang IT!!!" Might have to break out the wood putty or something.

    Thanks man!

    G-Fett

  17. #42
    Mojo-Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    From
    UK
    Posts
    4,783

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Hey G, nice stock but I have to agree with Six... that slot to house the D bracket is way too big?
    Did you use the template? PM sent

  18. #43

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    Hey G, nice stock but I have to agree with Six... that slot to house the D bracket is way too big?
    Did you use the template? PM sent
    Sorry bro, I had already built it before I got the templates, I am going to go back in once I get everything ready, and redo everything based upon those killer templates you made me!

    G-FEtt

  19. #44
    I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    760

    Re: Scratch Built ESB Blaster-Oh Boy!

    Any updates to this? I really enjoy the progress you have made with this.

Similar Threads

  1. ROTJ Scratch Built Blaster
    By no good to me dead in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Nov 4, 2008, 1:57 PM
  2. ESB Blaster Scratch-Built#2.
    By Studio Fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2008, 3:54 PM
  3. Scratch Built ESB Blaster
    By psydaz in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2007, 9:43 AM
  4. ESB blaster rifle scratch built.
    By boba_fan in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2006, 3:39 PM
  5. Scratch-built ESB blaster...
    By Reverend Scapegoat in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2005, 5:41 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •