Scratch Build Webley ESB Blaster

Scratch Build Webley ESB Blaster

I used WOF's templates on this build. The barrel is a black PVC pipe. I took a smaller white PVC pipe, cut a slit lengthwise and epoxied it inside. I then tapered the front end on a belt sander. The barrel tip is a sink tube. The scope mounts were made from a black PVC coupler and a black reducer. The rest is sheet plastic from a sign shop ABS, PVC not sure. The white is styrene. Plenty left to do. I used HO scale model train corrugated aluminum sheet over JB QUICk WELD to mold the thumb ridges at the rear of the barrel.

scopemounts-jpghammer-jpgwebley1-jpgwebley2-jpg
    The hand grip was cast in fiberglass. The stock was made from two 3/4 pieces of oak glued together, band sawed and wood rasped to shape. The sling was cut from a thrift store belt. Scope is made from 2 cheap scopes I found on ebay. So far this has been really cheap to make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails webleytestfit-jpg   moreparts-jpg  
    Last edited by SPY007; Jan 21, 2014 at 7:31 PM.

From
    Ireland

Re: Scratch Build Webley ESB Blaster

That looks really good, and you've only just started!!, i'm keen to see it finished

Thanks, thebeans. I started on this last fall. We had some "warm" weather up north, and I did some more work on it. The scope mounts are a little hard to find. PM me for a tip.

Finally warming up in the Midwest and I can work outside. Here is my progress. This will get black paint and greeblies. It is not completed. I put a slot a the bottom of the barrel that slides onto the screw in my trigger section. This way I don't have to glue it all together and I have the option to disassemble and add later upgrades. The hand grip is a casting of a real one from a board member. Can some one chime in on the gun stock? Should the hand grip attach along the red line down the center, or is mine correct?

blasterright2-jpgblasterright1-jpgsnapscrew-jpgstock-jpg
    Last edited by SPY007; Apr 17, 2014 at 11:58 PM.

From
    Ireland

Excellent dude :-)

Thanks Danzo.

This is a lovely scratch build. Great eye for detail.

From
    Tasmania Australia

Superb. That is an impressive scratchbuild. I think your line looks the best too in terms of alignment and the lines of the overall webley design.

Thanks guys. I poured over a lot of images to try to get the small details right. I do know that my "pistol" section is too thick and I have two screws instead of one holding the D grip on. I also have brass screw in the grip and a chose t-nuts on the sling. Still waiting on greebles. I don't want to scratch those parts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ee3grip-jpg  
    Last edited by SPY007; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:25 PM.

I'm calling it done. Purchased earth plugs, connecting rod casts and real molex blocks. Made the red box things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stock-grebes-jpg   fettblasterdone-jpg  
    Last edited by SPY007; 1 Week Ago at 5:14 PM.