Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Dec 6, 2013, 8:20 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #26

Ok here she is, with sheath removed and the trigger area modded like the screen used

Screen used:

After reading a disscussion about the holster here on TDH from 2009 that JimmyC linked me too, i found that the logo seemed to be covered or possibly filled in on the holster..i thought Gaffers tape would do the job and it looks pretty close to the screen used pics.
  2. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Dec 6, 2013, 9:48 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #27

Wow she's looking all good DV. How were your nerves altering it? Me I got a little knotted up just reading this!
    Dec 6, 2013, 10:04 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #28

looks good
  4. Dec 7, 2013, 9:20 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #29

Thanks guys!

Got2b...yea i was a little nervous about it, ok i was very nervous about it lol...but i was very careful! i cut the sheath off with the cutting wheel on my dremel, scoring first and then just making a few more passes, and left a fair amount of the edges so knew i wouldnt have gone too far through. Then i used the sanding drum on the dremel and just "swiped" it across numerous times to get it flush. I then i hit it with sandpaper to get a similar sanding pattern to what is seen on screen. The trigger area was pretty straight forward and was actually easier than i thought.
  5. Dec 7, 2013, 11:42 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #30

nice score lou!!!
    Dec 7, 2013, 11:56 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #31

Nice work dude. I'll use this as a guide for when I do mine. Nice to see one properly modified. I know a lot seem to leave these as close to original as possible for some reason.

Can you show some pictures of your hole please?
    Last edited by intwenothor; Dec 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM.
    Dec 7, 2013, 5:00 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #32

gotta love the internet, ha.
    Dec 7, 2013, 9:45 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #33

That looks perfect.
  9. Dec 8, 2013, 7:13 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #34

Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    Nice work dude. I'll use this as a guide for when I do mine. Nice to see one properly modified. I know a lot seem to leave these as close to original as possible for some reason.

Can you show some pictures of your hole please?
    hey now ! lol......well, im going to assume you mean the one on the bottom of the holster.....and with that, Sure thing, ill get one today

@Spacebob...yes you do lol

@Matty Matt Thanks bud!
    Dec 8, 2013, 7:53 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #35

I have no idea what other hole you could be thinking of..... said the man child.
  11. Dec 9, 2013, 1:08 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #36

Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    I have no idea what other hole you could be thinking of..... said the man child.
    LOL!

Ok here are the pics of my [ahem] ..hole..

This may be cut out more than it was on the screen used..i have no idea, but it makes it easy to take the blaster in and out of the holster.
    Dec 9, 2013, 5:34 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #37

hey! that looks just like mine! haha except my hole isn't that big.. twss.

Nice job man!
  13. Dec 9, 2013, 7:07 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #38

LOL...thanks JimmyC!
    Dec 10, 2013, 5:10 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #39

Nice hole.
  15. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Dec 10, 2013, 7:32 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #40

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Got2b..Technically it was luck because i wasnt actively looking...but it was actually e-bay..i never shut off the auto search for them. 2 popped up...one with the speargun...it was super low priced, it was at $35 with 6 bids when i saw it, but went up to 210 i had bid 165 just for the heck of it...the other one has been up for a while for $300. this time though it had a best offer...i messaged him seconds after the first one ended and offered 185. He said 2 other people messaged him after the other auction, but i messaged first, he said the other 2 offers were 190 and 195, so he counter offered to me for $200...and i just said screw it!! and grabbed it lol.
    Oh man! I saw that it was a OBO, and almost sent an offer for $200, but decided that he probably would've taken it. Guess I was wrong!
    Dec 10, 2013, 10:32 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #41

Lou, thanks for posting pictures of your hole..........ah, anyway; what did you use to cut it out?

Andy
  17. Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Dec 10, 2013, 10:58 AM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #42

Nice project. Is the logo part of the holster just sanded off or has it been cut out. In some of the pics it suggests to me that its cut and reversed.

Being new to all this a may be talking c*^p!

Looks cool though. I will now doubt be referencing it in the future when I come to do one.
  18. Dec 11, 2013, 5:07 PM - Re: SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #43

Andy i used the cutting wheel on my dremel to get a hole started, then i used the sanding drum to open it up more and smooth it out.

Kuwahero (any relation to the Kuwahara BMX company?) I went by some of the info here in this thread that JimmyC pointed out to me:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/n...rogress-33635/

Seems it looks like the logo was either filled in or possibly covered. So i went with covering it with gaffers tape because that can easily be reversed if it is ever found what was really done. Also by looking at the photos where you can see the logo triangle..holding the holster at a similar angle, it looks very close to mine with the gaffers tape on it...and lord knows they had plenty of gaffers tape around lol. But again, i went that route due to the ease of being able to remove it if need be.
    Dec 11, 2013, 6:22 PM - SCORE: Real nemrod holster! #44

Your cuts look exactly like mine Lou......

Hadn't noticed that about the logo being covered........ Something new....
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app