Here are my finished ones:
The light actually works. I used a flat paddle toggle switch to duplicate the non-functional "switch" thing on the original.
I also used the two Coax Radio shack connectors for the box flamethrower.
The missile is from RussRep. (missile is bolted on through the top)
(velcro joins the two halves together).
I used a brass connector for the top hose fitting, to slide the hose on and off easily - had to dremel it to fit it.
Also used 3/8" brass pipe for the pipe work. The silver connectors were taken from the "connector" thread.
(JB Weld used to secure the metal pieces together)
Again, the darts are from Russ Rep.
Used a combination of masking fluid, tape, and paint to do the damage.
I'm not a big fan of tropical paint jobs, so I tend to shy away from that (can't see it on 35mm, but it's murder close up!) and only use it for small stuff.
I like the "flaking" method anyway. More organic feel to the piece.
I will be adding some filler material, (cotton batting) inside the units to stop them from sliding around, in combination with velcro attached to the sleeves.
The stuff will be just at the ends, like rings, to seal them.