Just wanted to share what I'm working on. This is an old set of Styrene gauntlets from RuffkinToy that I'm building up and painting for my buddy in Athens who's getting close to done on his ESB. He's been collecting a lot of really cool parts over the years and I'm very happy to be the one to finally get some of them completed.
The parts are nice for the most part. Some of the cast parts from Ruffkin needed additional sanding and cleanup. The metal components he has are premium though. Some really nice stuff to be going on a lower level gaunt kit!
He ordered the kit trimmed and prepped from Ruffkin, but some of the prep was pretty sorry so I got everything up to par for him. First order of business was to even out the trimmed return edges with the dremel. I then smoothed out the rough trimming with 100 and then 220 grit sandpaper. I also trimmed in a radius under the calc pad for comfort of wear and took the return edge on the fronts down to almost nothing to minimize "armor bite".
The aluminum rocket posed it's own issues. It's a very nice piece but it's so heavy that I was worried it'd rip right through the styrene. To solve this problem I reenforced the area with polyester resin and about four layers of fiberglass cloth. This seems to be holding it very securely.
Onto the paint! I decided to suspend these through the various holes I needed to drill. One from the rocket and the other from the gauntlet darts. The left gaunt has been primed and silvered. I had a drip using the Rusto 2x primer on the other and it will need to be sanded down before it gets its layer of silver. I should have sticked with my regular Automobile Primer from Rusto! The calc pad and dental expander have also been primed and painted. The pad just needs its buttons painted when the silver dries.
Check back for updates later on. Thanks for looking!