I recently received my Ruffkintoy Gauntlets, and thought I would share my progress with you folks. I'm hoping to do it step-by-step, and will hopefully do the same with my new BM bucket.
Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.
PIC 1:- So far on the right gauntlet I have drilled holes into the resin attachments and epoxied some bolts. I then drilled holes into the sides of the gauntlet halves and fixed them into place with nuts.
You can also see that I have drilled another hole into the resin piece mounted on the side and epoxied one of the hose attachments into place. I have done the same for top of the gauntlet.
PIC 2:- Here you can see the two halves attached with a metal piano hinge. I know its brass but I couldn't find a silvery coloured one, but a couple of coats of primer and a base coat of silver will sort that out. You can also see both main resin pieces atached and secured and have the hose attachments installed ****thanks to BKBT for hose parts****
PIC 3:- Here's a profile shot of the right gauntlet
PIC 4:- Here the bottom hose connector with wooden spoon compliments of my girlfriends utensil draw ***thanks Hannah!***
PIC 5:- Here's the left gauntlet, again with hinge attached awaiting a priming and base coat. I have also placed the toggle switch and LED, these will be removed prior to spraying.
PIC 6:- Here's a close up of the LED ***thanks Halo_1***. Unfortunately the LED itself has been customised as the one I got needed a power source equivalent to mains supply, so I have removed the red casing and placed a smaller battery operated LED inside it.
Let me know what you think, and stay posted for updates!