Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also.Subscribe
    Dec 13, 2015, 3:45 PM - Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #1

OK, instead of keeping on adding on to the Hasbro conversion thread I'll post a new one for a Rubies conversion and any one wanting to do the same.

We already know that the Hasbro version is smaller then the real EE3 blaster by around 8" and the new Rubies blaster is the same in size.

So we don't need a debate on it's size or it's usage as a prop, because it can be used as a prop with great results more so then the Hasbro version IMHO.

Given that both the Hasbro and Rubies blasters are both 24" long and Sidewinder said his blaster is 32" long so this makes both blasters 8" short of the real thing. Thus this is the difference in length as posted by Fett 4 Real.

Here are pics of my new Rubies blaster EE3 custom conversion, and this Rubies blaster can be used for a decent ROTJ or ESB blaster as well with a bit of work and be more convincing then the Hasbro version in size and feel.

After many long walks around holding my present custom blaster and just trying to get a feel for it I decided it just wasn't working. While it looks good IMHO and I like the bolt action and all, it is just clumsy to hold on to and in the way even with the light off.

Sooooo, I got the sawzall out and had at it and I got a very promising custom conversion of the new Rubies blaster.
    This is the result, it fits perfectly with 1 1/2" PVC pipe.

I got a resin copy of the Webly stock handle bracket and Webly gun grip off eBay and it is almost a perfect fit and size with the Rubies blaster as pics show, I cannot comment on the sizing of the Hasbro version in this aspect.

Although I haven't perfectly fit it together yet, this test fit shows just how good the sizing and proportion is of the Rubies gun frame is when compered to the real Webly casts.

I've got a nice piece of red oak that I will be using for the stock and when done this blaster will come in at around 33" +- so it will be just a tab longer then the real EE3 blaster.

Given the info I posted, I think this Rubies blaster can be made serviceable for a great looking ROTJ or ESB blaster prop for those folks looking to do one on a budget or build a custom like myself.

Will it be 100% accurate? no
    Will it be small when when compared to the real one? No, not if built within spec length of the real one.
    Will it be usable as a costume blaster prop? YES!! With a little bit of work.
    Now get building guys!!
    Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; Dec 13, 2015 at 4:04 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Dec 14, 2015, 3:14 AM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #2

Thank you for sharing this!
    Dec 14, 2015, 4:08 AM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #3

lol I had to do a double take when I saw another Ronin on here hahahaha
    Dec 14, 2015, 4:28 AM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #4

FYI the guy on Ebay you bought the grip and bracket from is a long time recaster. Those are recasts of my bracket & grip.

SAS
    Dec 14, 2015, 5:31 AM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #5

Quote Sidewinder said: View Post
    FYI the guy on Ebay you bought the grip and bracket from is a long time recaster. Those are recasts of my bracket & grip.

SAS
    Sorry, I did not know that.
    Lynn
    Dec 14, 2015, 10:51 AM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #6

Quote Ronin677 said: View Post
    lol I had to do a double take when I saw another Ronin on here hahahaha
    I swear that it's completely coincidental. I only got the idea for my name from that Bandai Tamashii Nations Movie Realization Boba Fett figure.
    Dec 14, 2015, 11:21 AM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #7

Quote RoninFett said: View Post
    I swear that it's completely coincidental. I only got the idea for my name from that Bandai Tamashii Nations Movie Realization Boba Fett figure.
    hehe no sweat bro, I don't have the monopoly on the Ronin name its funny though, that someone out on the web actually uses Ronin677 as their log on for forums. Weird as the '677' part is so random, its actually the last three digits of my old army number

Nice to meet another ronin
    Dec 30, 2015, 7:32 PM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #8

I got a little bit done on the blaster, I got to get busy on it as my first troop may be in less then two weeks and the blaster ban has now lifted for events. sooooo..

I will be making a real wooden stock for it.
    Lynn
    Dec 30, 2015, 8:32 PM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #9

Can't wait to see the end result!
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Jan 5, 2016, 2:26 PM - Re: Rubies EE3 blaster custom conversion, good for ROTJ and ESB also. #10

So there is a size difference between the Hasbro and the Rubies versions? I thought they were the same.

Loving your custom version...