Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rubber Rifles?

From
    Indiana

Re: Rubber Rifles?

MARROW SUN said: View Post
    I'd just like to add to this thread because I don't wan't to see Asok get pressured into something he might not be prepared to tackle. I'm not saying anything against Asok and his molding/casting abilities but as far as reproduction is concerned these blasters are tough. I have PERSONALLY been to the shop and seen the guns and the molds. I know exaclty what products are used and the process in which these casting are created. IT IS NOT AS EASY AS POURING IN SOME GOO and popping out a rubber gun. It is a tricky multi-step process where many mistakes can be made and a lot of wasted time and money spent if you make mistakes.
    I don't mean to come off as an arse, I just want to offer fair warning to anyone thinking of stepping into the shoes. Heck I've thought about it many times.
    I don't think I could have said it better. I had to make 2 sets of molds to get the Jango knees. That was a lot of money down the drain.

I just don't want to get everybody hopes up, spend a bunch of money, and have almost nothing when I was done.

As an update, I have talked to people and can get all the found parts. I am working on getting some parts CNC machined to complete the blaster. If I do this, I want to do it right, not close. Seeing that I still need a ROTJ blaster myself, I still working on this.

Account Deactivated

I'm currently working on a ROTJ version, still lots of issues to work out.

From
    Savannah, GA

How come Hyperfirm stopped? Or that a touchy subject?

From
    B.C.

I believe they just don't have the time to commit to these at the moment. Postmordem and the boys have a movie project on the go. It will be a long time before you see another hyperfirm for sale from them.

From
    the OC

...ya whats going on with those hyperfirm guys???

Laters
    Lewis

PS everyone should listen to what MS has to say on the subject...he does various molds and casting himself and he can intelligently say how difficult, time consuming, and costly a project can become...

From
    Savannah, GA

I believe they just don't have the time to commit to these at the moment. Postmordem and the boys have a movie project on the go. It will be a long time before you see another hyperfirm for sale from them.
    ...you mean they actually have OTHER jobs!!!!

I'm sure if they ever had the time and effort, there would be a LARGE line waiting for one...

Here's hoping anyway...

From
    Roanoke, TX

I'd just like to add to this thread because I don't wan't to see Asok get pressured into something he might not be prepared to tackle. I'm not saying anything against Asok and his molding/casting abilities but as far as reproduction is concerned these blasters are tough. I have PERSONALLY been to the shop and seen the guns and the molds. I know exaclty what products are used and the process in which these casting are created. IT IS NOT AS EASY AS POURING IN SOME GOO and popping out a rubber gun. It is a tricky multi-step process where many mistakes can be made and a lot of wasted time and money spent if you make mistakes.
    I don't mean to come off as an arse, I just want to offer fair warning to anyone thinking of stepping into the shoes. Heck I've thought about it many times.
    You hit the nail on the head bud!!! These guns arnt as simple as that, infact if theres a defect like bubbles or a spot that the rubber skin didnt make it to your out of luck... you get a defect in your mould causing a deformation in your casting... your out of luck... you cant simply just sand and fill these. They have to be almost ready to go out of the mold.

Allthough MS, you did prove wise in tackling the foam inserts for the helmets. If any one can do it you can. Allthough I wouldnt blame you for not wanting to mess with it. *makes money finger jesture* The molds sound pricy to do right.

I think the guys have pretty much hit the nail on the head here. There really isn't no fixing a rubber mould.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I understand about the moulding, but I'll provide monitarily if this project does infact get off of the ground