Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROTJ vs. Special Edition

From
    Galati, Romania

Re: ROTJ vs. Special Edition

syllander said: View Post
    What were the colors of the knees and shoulder bells?
    All orange/yellow? Hard to tell in the pictures....
    And a BIG thanks to Woodman and RafalFett.
    The shoulder/knee colors are the same for ROTJ/ROTJ SE, except for the left knee on the ROTJ SE, which was part of the Pre-Pro #2 suit:
    rotj-shoulder-knee-color-jpg

Basically the ROTJ parts are darker in colors than the Pre-Pro #2.

The Pre-Pro #2 knee is painted in the layered method, while the whole ROTJ suit (as Mr Fett already said) was painted partially layered (the silver scratches) and partially topical (the yellow scratches) over existing ESB era armor parts (read more here ==> The Fate Of The Twin Armors: Pre-Pro #1, Pre-Pro #3 and ESB).

From
    Jacksonville (Florida), United States

Since everyone seems to be so upset about this being covered already, maybe we should sticky it? The SE suit is done often due to the awesome ESB helmet, and great ROTJ armor looks and colors. I think there should be some sort of sticky to help everybody keep it straight and provide an easy link for new people.

From
    Galati, Romania

LongHammer said: View Post
    Since everyone seems to be so upset about this being covered already, maybe we should sticky it? The SE suit is done often due to the awesome ESB helmet, and great ROTJ armor looks and colors. I think there should be some sort of sticky to help everybody keep it straight and provide an easy link for new people.
    I agree! I will post (in the next few days) some images to clarify the differences between the ROTJ Hero and the ROTJ SE suits, to avoid the following statement:
    the ROTJ SE is basically ESB helmet with ROTJ suit
    ...which is not totally true.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Vote for sticky also

From
    Albuquerque

If they decide to sticky it, maybe do ALL the versions?? That way all the variations are covered. Just my $.02

From

Truthfully there should be an ROTJ, ESB, and this thread. If you have the gusto to do a promo or PrePro you probably already know what you are doing. I am with ya, but clobbering one thread with all versions will make it too nasty to read.

-Kevin

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Do em all.... Makes sense to me

Do em all.... Makes sense to me
    I agree with this! It would certainly help the new folks!

From
    Albuquerque

Or perhaps keep them all together in a master thread with separate links to each (kind of how the armor template threads are setup)...that way you can just click to the specific version you're looking at getting more info on (hope that makes sense). That way no one would have to read through a ton of information just to get to the one they're looking for

From

^thats what I was thinking! Like the helmet threads....

-Kevin

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Wow... So looking at the screen shots by DV, the knees/shoulders are definitely not a solid color orange. I did find a rust oleum "warm yellow" that's more resembles stormtrooperguys "summer squash" for the bottom layer yellow.
    Got it drying so ill mist the top yellow and orange tonight....wife permitting....

From
    Los Angeles

Haha I love that this discussion happened. I just received my Woody braids tonight. When my SE was approved, one note is that I should have ESB braids. So when I found out that Woody offered both ESB and SE braids, I ordered both just so I'd learn the difference right in front of me.

I also added the extra pouches (honestly I didn't want to just because the belt feels huge), and MOW offered his belt with 12 pouches, so I now have 12. Maybe I'll go back and get two more... Maybe slap them on my ears or something.

I also changed out my ammo pouches tonight as well to the correct match to the stills above.

I LOVE UPGRADES. I've learned more about and improved my SE so much since initial approval.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

@zebrabuse....did you go with a light blue flight suit or ROTJ grey? I have an ESB I intend on trying to grey and was just curious. And about the ammo pouches, definitely believe RafalFett that there were14, but I have a 12 pouch in process, and as you said....where in the world would you put em? No one is gonna see them...AND you can only keep so many skittles on you at one time!

From
    Los Angeles

@zebrabuse....did you go with a light blue flight suit or ROTJ grey? I have an ESB I intend on trying to grey and was just curious. And about the ammo pouches, definitely believe RafalFett that there were14, but I have a 12 pouch in process, and as you said....where in the world would you put em? No one is gonna see them...AND you can only keep so many skittles on you at one time!
    My suit is more gray than blue. I lucked up that it fits pretty well on me out of the gate. I'd like to tighten up a couple places, but it's getting worn to a point where I might just get a new one fitted by a local flight suit maker.

I had read 12 ammo pouches in several places, and I believe both BooBoo did and MOW does now offer SE belts with 12 pouches. I have all 12 on and it
    forms an almost perfect 180 degree coverage on the front of the belt. I don't think I'll go with 14 anytime soon, but I trust Rafal as well. I love my MOW belt though
    with the functional pockets. Definitely packing plenty of spare batteries now!

And I should have clarified in my last post that I changed out my smaller white ROTJ style cloth belt pouches to a larger gray/brown SE style set. I love them!

And with the Woodman SE vs ESB braids. I love the quality of them both. Definitely heftier than my original self made set.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Got a set of Woodman braids for SE headed my way! FS coming from Arkady so I can finally start seeing how the girth belt will look with it.
    Are the pouches different size from ROTJ other than weathering? Anyone got some good pics to post up of their outfit?
    Last edited by syllander; Dec 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM.

From
    Los Angeles

Got a set of Woodman braids for SE headed my way! FS from Arkady so can finally start seeing how the gurthbelt will look with it.
    Are the pouches different size from ROTJ other than weathering? Anyone got some good pics to post up of their outfit?
    Well my original white ROTJ pouches that came with my ammo belt (bought second hand from a garrison mate) were smaller and when padded they didn't quite form the way I wanted. For SE, I have always liked working toward this SE Fett photo... I might be a little biased since I have it signed and framed lol...

I was packing my gear up Wens for a small film shoot last night, and you can see my ammo belt with the 12 pouches and new multi color cloth pouch scheme. I know I know, I need to beat up the ammo belt and darken it a little more. Add it to the queue! Anyway my new cloth pouches are more squared and more like snowy pouches. I'm still
    working on filling them out the best way with foam.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

That will come in handy! Nice looking filthy flak vest! No way that part of the outfit should ever look like new off the showroom floor! Thanks for that....and the photo looks awesome. My wife would kill me if I were to try and put something up like that....

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

It looks like there may be a pouch from ESB and one from ROTJ in the pic.