ROTJ SE build threadSubscribe
  1. May 27, 2016, 1:55 AM - ROTJ SE build thread #1

Greetings fellow bounty hunters. Over the past 2 years I have been photographing my buddies from the 501st Legion Indonesian Outpost at their events (view some of them here: https://www.facebook.com/tennantlim....os/?tab=albums) and I was inevitably "convinced" to join them. Boba Fett has always been my favorite character so he was the obvious choice for my build. At some point soon after this decision, I thought to myself "What the hell have I gotten myself into now?!".

Deciding on the version was easy; I love the ESB bucket paint job and the colors on the ROTJ costume, so I will be building the ROTJ SE film version. Here is the breakdown of items and vendors I orderedfrom;

Helmet and complete armor + chest lights - Bobamaker
    RF light & servo kit - Jc27
    Helmet ventilation - eqdizzle
    Gauntlets - Bobamaker
    Jetpack - Bobamaker
    JP harness - Bigdane
    JP hooks, clips and rings - full metal fett
    US Divers buckle replica - full metal fett
    Shin tools - Bobamaker
    Flightsuit - Bobamaker
    Neck seal, vest, pouches and spats - Arkady
    Wookie braids - woodman
    Girth belt - woodman
    Ammo belt - Bobamaker
    Cape - woodman
    Gloves - Major
    Boots (with spikes) - Bobamaker
    Blaster - Sidewinder kit with metal scope mounts
    Scott & Webley vintage 4 x 20 scope - intwenothor
    Last edited by tennantlim; 3 Weeks Ago at 6:06 AM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    May 27, 2016, 6:01 AM - Re: ROTJ SE build thread #2

Sounds good until this time.

The Animefan helmet will be also an good decision.
    I got mine this month and I have to say it is an asset for my collection.
  4. May 27, 2016, 7:07 AM - Re: ROTJ SE build thread #3

Quote Templer1979 said: View Post
    Sounds good until this time.

The Animefan helmet will be also an good decision.
    I got mine this month and I have to say it is an asset for my collection.
    Hi Kev. Thanks for your suggestion and I'm sure the Animefan helmet is a great product. I am committed to the BM helmet already along with the paint and weathering job, so I'll stick with that.

Btw congrats on your facehugger bounty
    Last edited by tennantlim; Jun 30, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
    May 27, 2016, 9:19 AM - Re: ROTJ SE build thread #4

Just a warning, if you are going for ROTJ SE approval in 501st there are essentially two versions...the film version and promo version. Paint jobs, armor, and some other minor details are different between the two versions. I strongly recommend reaching out to @Major the BH DL lead who is currently getting the CRL ready for publishing on the 501st site. You can find some 501st info on Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

I also sell the gauntlet lights with some options as well as a helmet system that can power servo rf systems as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  6. May 27, 2016, 10:53 AM - Re: ROTJ SE build thread #5

Quote crumdum said: View Post
    Just a warning, if you are going for ROTJ SE approval in 501st there are essentially two versions...the film version and promo version. Paint jobs, armor, and some other minor details are different between the two versions. I strongly recommend reaching out to @Major the BH DL lead who is currently getting the CRL ready for publishing on the 501st site. You can find some 501st info on Sign In - The Bounty Hunters Guild

I also sell the gauntlet lights with some options as well as a helmet system that can power servo rf systems as well.

Appreciate the heads up. I've checked the CRL on BHG for the differences between the 2 versions and will be going with the film version (which I mentioned). As far as I am aware, I have planned the purchases along that path thus far but I will certainly check with @Major when my build starts to take shape.

When the time comes, I will reach out to you on the systems you're offering. Particularly interested in the servo power hook up to fans that saves a lot of space, but I'm not sure if you are able to ship batteries overseas.
    May 27, 2016, 10:59 AM - Re: ROTJ SE build thread #6

I've shipped systems to UK and Australia, if you are paying the shipping lol. My reason for telling you to talk to major was the CRL will be different most likely by the time you get your stuff from Daz.

8. May 27, 2016, 11:04 AM - Re: ROTJ SE build thread #7

Quote crumdum said: View Post
    My reason for telling you to talk to major was the CRL will be different most likely by the time you get your stuff from Daz.

Yikes! Ok I will keep that in mind. Thanks!