ROTJ Mid-chamber

From
    Hartville, Oh.

ROTJ Mid-chamber

What are you guys using for a mid chamber on a ROTJ blaster? I have a couple of ideas, but they don't look right to me. I have also found a couple different things at a hardware store, but again, they don't quite look right. Any help would be appreciated.

From
    Central Upstate NY

Re: ROTJ Mid-chamber

Hey, I sent you a PM but I thought you were talking about the next piece back. So it probably didn't make sense. The main part of my gun is one long piece of PVC pipe, I think 1 1/2 inch. Then I got a PVC coupler(join 2 pipes together) I cut 2 pieces off the coupler, so I had 2 rings. I then glued the 2 rings on my pipe, to make the middle of the blaster. The 2 fins on the side, I just used sintra and cut to shape, and glued.

From
    Hartville, Oh.

I think my cast was ment to be an ESB gun, but I didn't know that when I bought it. I have a length of 1 1/2" PVC and 2" as well. The barrel is 1 1/2", but is only 7.5" long. I can't add any to the end of it, because it looks like its drooping. I think I am going to sand the barrel down enough to accept the 1 1/2" PVC, and cut it to length. I will also cut 2 rings out of 2" PVC to slip over the 1 1/2". It's quite ashame that I can't use the 2" PVC. I found this kick ass metal funnel thingy that looks just like the movie blaster tip.

I am still looking for suggestions about this, so fire away!

From
    Yakima, Wa.

mrgr8ness said:
    Hey, I sent you a PM but I thought you were talking about the next piece back. So it probably didn't make sense. The main part of my gun is one long piece of PVC pipe, I think 1 1/2 inch. Then I got a PVC coupler(join 2 pipes together) I cut 2 pieces off the coupler, so I had 2 rings. I then glued the 2 rings on my pipe, to make the middle of the blaster. The 2 fins on the side, I just used sintra and cut to shape, and glued.
    That's exactly how I did mine.

From
    Hartville, Oh.

I appreciate the feedback. What I ended up doing was this. The barrel of my cast was 1 1/2" around. It looked pretty funny too. It drooped at the end. I took my dremel tool with a drum sander on it, and I sanded the holy hell out of it. It looked really weird, but the 1 1/2" PVC pipe of the correct length fit over it.

Once my barrel was done, I made the mid chamber pieces. I had some 2" PVC laying around, so I cut 2 rings out of it. One was 1/2", and the other was 1/4". I had to cut a notch in them so they would fit tightly to the 1 1/2" PVC. I glued them to the new barrel as well. Here it is so far. I have to make the mid chamber parts, but it's getting closer.

From
    Central Upstate NY

Nice!! Looking real good