I figured since it's been a while since I've had a build/showoff thread, I'd post my newest build. As you may have read in Stormtrooperguy's thread, I had gone to his place and made a set of resin gauntlets off of the molds he made using the Wizard of Flight plans. It was a fun experience as I've never molded anything in resin before. Brian did an exceptional job with the molds and I couldn't be happier with the results.
I guess I should have been posting these all along instead of all at once but you get the same idea.
Step 1: Basic trimming and sanding completed and the hinges installed.
Step 2: Plumbing and Air Fitting parts installed and kit primered
Here's the air hose fitting that I found. Only found it at Sears Hardware as The Home Depot and True Value didn't have anything even remotely close.
Step 3: Added the closer attachments on the inside of the gauntlets and bolted on the flame thrower housing
Step 4: Painted them silver/aluminum and then installed the lights for inside the flame thrower
Here's the flame thrower nozzle pieces from Radio Shack:
And here's the pushbuttons I used. Don't make the same mistake I did... make sure you buy the one's marked "normally closed" or else you'll have the lights constantly on until you press the buttons.
Step 5: Installed the red lamp on the right gauntlet
Step 6: Masked off damage areas with liquid masking fluid and painter's tape.
Step 7: 1 coat of flat black
Step 8: Sprayed coat of Claret Wine and began to pull off the masking:
Step 9: Painted up the aluminum rocket
Step 10: Rocket attached to the gauntlet. (Photographed in natural lighting)
- painting the calc pad buttons
- sanding the gaunlets lightly with a number zero steel wool to tone down the claret wine
- installing the switches to both gauntlets
- little more black weathering
- flat, clear coat