Well I have put a few posts out there of a few things I have been working on towards completion of my ROTJ Boba Fett build. I figured I needed to just start a WIP thread to just keep everything in one place to make things easier.
I have slowly been in the construction phase for quite a while. I have been working on my Boba along with my wife's Boushh costume, which I just completed. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f68/boushh-wip-47893/
My goal in starting this was I wanted to make everything from the ground up & make it as accurate as possible within my means. I have done things somewhat different in the way of construction than what I have seen in the past as far as scratch builds go. Here is the run down of where I am at current.
Helmet & Range Finder: I started with a pepakura file (Skip) & did some modifcations using WOF & Raf's templates. I have layered the cardstock shell with architectural cardboard to make it rigid and have used smooth cast to tie it all together. I am still in the prep phase at this time. I purchased a real Borden connector to put on the right cheek. I am also working on a LED set up for the range finder. This is in the roughing in stage.
Jetpack: I started with a couple of different pepakura files (skip & Soba). I also used WOF templates with some mods here and there. Similar construction as stated above. I made the beacon & the stabilizer both from scratch. The beacon is a 3/4 inch copper tube that I did some black smithing on. The stabilizer was made from a pen, micrometer thimble, & some architectural cardboard. This is still in the roughing in stage. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/p...jetpack-47919/
Gauntlets: I did the gauntlets in pepakura as well (Skip). I used WOF templates to create a 3D model of the rocket & made a pep file from it. I made the MQ-1 keyboard from scratch using the buttons from 2 watch calculators. I made the darts from ink pens & paper clips. I made the hose fittings on the right gauntlet from air fittings that I soldered brake line fittings to. I did some grinding on them to make them look accurate. All painting & weathering was done by myself. I have a few finishing touches to do on them to be considered complete. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/f...ett-wip-46463/
Armor: This is a mixed bag. I can't remember when but a number of years ago prior to really getting the word that you need to stay away from ebay. I bought some sintra armor there. Wasn't very good but I am working on it to make it work for me. I decided to use the chest, ab, & shoulders from this set & possibly the cod & back plate. I opted not to use the knees, collar, & back armor. The pieces that I reworked I used a heat gun to reshape them to fit me. In doing so I rounded the edges to help give depth and not make them look flat. Also used the heat gun to put in the dents & damage.
I made the knees from scratch. I drew them up in cad creating a 3D model using WOF templates as a base. Then made them up using pepakura with similar construction as above.
The collar & back armor were made using pepakura. I found a pep file (Prince) & re-modelled it to make it more accurate by adding the side sections. Also similar process as above. I did go thicker on these 2 items in making them 3/16 inch thick.
All the armor pieces are almost ready for paint except the cod & back plate.
EE-3 Blaster: I had a complete build thread on this which was all done as a scratch build. (Build thread)
Jumpsuit, flak vest, ankle spats, belt pounches, ammo belt, gloves & boots are all MOW. I need to dye & weather them at this point.
Wookie braids & cape are Woodman.
Girth belt: I have this & plan on dyeing it myself.