Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 24, 2009, 2:25 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #26

WOW! Do anyone know where it's attached to? (the cable of the pic)
    Jun 24, 2009, 2:37 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #27

Quote Gino said: View Post
    Someone should organize a group order for this part (not me).
    hey FETTs

I can buy this parts really cheap and easy because Im working at an electronic-parts-distributor (and MAPLIN is our customer )

Today Ill get some samples from our stock and will send some pics.

That sounds good or sounds that good ?

Florian
    Jun 24, 2009, 2:49 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #28

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    I don't know if this pic will help or hinder progress;

BTW- that's on the Pre-Pro , not ROTJ
    the top of the cable with the silver end looks like the microfone-connector which can be plugged into the bottom of the Jet Pack ?!?
  4. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 24, 2009, 3:03 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #29

tk2647, that sounds good And will be better for Mojo, less work for him

About the connector, I thought it was a 3 pin female connector I have seen used with some jack plugs.

Something like this one if it's for the 3 Pin Male:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1027

Or this other for the 5 Pin Female:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=44121

IMHO it looks more the 5 pin male connector
    Last edited by KaanE; Jun 24, 2009 at 3:20 AM.
    Jun 24, 2009, 9:55 PM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #30

Sorry Gilmore if I got this off track. I was just wondering out loud if the part was a found item or just cast around a couple of plugs. Sorry again.
    Jun 25, 2009, 12:23 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #31

This is getting very interesting indeed
    Jun 25, 2009, 8:22 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #32

Quote FettFanatic said: View Post
    Sorry Gilmore if I got this off track. I was just wondering out loud if the part was a found item or just cast around a couple of plugs. Sorry again.

No no not at all man, thats what this thread is for...thinking out loud.

Mainly we know that it has dual 1/8th (possibly stereo or mono) plugs that inserted into the main body of the gauntlet.

Just I'm trying to brainstorm as to if maybe there is an actual found item, perhaps the power cable to an electric skillet, vintage headphones jack, anything that that piece might possibly be. It looks though it is an XLR plug in slave1pilot's photo he posted. So that gives me even more of the reason to believe it could be revolving around a musical piece. So possibly XLR - dual mono 1/8th". That would actually make sense as a dual mono splitter would create stereo, just to 2 channels.

(<--------- Sound Engineer, LOL)

It also could still be completely feasible that that was just a cast shroud to hold the plugs, but to me it just seems overly done. That means they would have assembled the cable and jack assembly and then had to have either cast it, or placed it in some fashion to this housing. It seems as though they probably found that piece and said, ohh, this looks good. But that is just my opinion. Thoughts?
    Jun 25, 2009, 9:43 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #33

Interesting theory about music industry parts, especially since the JP has connectors on the bottom and the guantlet darts and one knee dart come from the Michell arm....
    Jun 25, 2009, 12:45 PM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #34

I know the prop department said the lightsabers were all used when they found a box full of old camera parts...maybe they had some sound and music recording/engineering equipment as well.

I don't know, all I can do is speculate. But I guess I will just start researching possible vintage connectors, headphone jacks, turntable jacks...
    Jun 26, 2009, 4:38 PM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #35

I've got duplicates of the part which tk2647 posted that are vintage late 1970's. They came from a facility that was built in 1978 and had their audio equipment that is still in use today.....it's the building that I currently work in.

I've got to check them out again, as I think the links that Kaane provided of the new parts are closer than the vintage ones I have.

Steve
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Feb 4, 2012, 12:07 PM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #36

Any progress on finding this part? I'm stumped on it as well. It looks a lot like the handle to a handheld shower head, or something similar to that. I'm baffled by this part also, as I've always thought it was something they just slapped on there.
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2011
    May 2, 2012, 10:14 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #37

It looks like a 1970's UK trimphone head to me..... this was a standard telephone design of the time .. it looks like someone hacked the head off of the mouthpiece end .. It would make sense as you could backmount the jackplugs then reseal the casing? just a thought. I'd post a pic but i have no idea how!

Quote Kilryth said: View Post
    Any progress on finding this part? I'm stumped on it as well. It looks a lot like the handle to a handheld shower head, or something similar to that. I'm baffled by this part also, as I've always thought it was something they just slapped on there.
    May 3, 2012, 1:23 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #38

Quote Archangel67 said: View Post
    It looks like a 1970's UK trimphone head to me..... this was a standard telephone design of the time .. it looks like someone hacked the head off of the mouthpiece end .. It would make sense as you could backmount the jackplugs then reseal the casing? just a thought. I'd post a pic but i have no idea how!
    May 3, 2012, 3:29 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #39

Just to clarify this, here is an image that worths more than 1000 words:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Gauntlet Greeblie.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	60815
  15. Member Since
    Nov 2011
    May 3, 2012, 10:22 AM - Re: Right Gauntlet Greeblie...Found? #40

Yes the George plug is a Guitar style jack .... i think you're completely correct on this one ... man made!