Hey all,as some of you may know, i recently picked up an ESB EE-3 from Spankuh.I knew it needed a lil work,but i am always up for a challenge! Soi took a break fromthe Vader helmets imdoing andworked on this all last night.
Here is what it lookedlike when i got it.
The first thing and most important thing i wanted to do with this was remove the cast flashtube and add a real one which i had purchased a lil while back off e-bay. The other thing i noticed was the front clamp was ON the flash tube. Fromall the reference pics ihave,i believe the clampshould be at the endof the barrelofthe webly...so i decided i wanted to fix that as well. Being this was allcastin one piece, and not being sure if it was completely hollow,iknewit wasntgoingto be an easy task,but ilove this kind of stuff!
First plan of action: remove the cast flashtube:
We now see that it is hollow for the most part,so i dremeled the inside as evenly as i could to make way for the real flash tube.
While i wasdoing that, i removed the section with the bracket on it as u can see. i then cut the top and bottom pieces off, these are what i will be using to attach to the end of the barrel of the Webley
So i needed to reshape the curves to fit properly on the end of the Webley barrel and make em fit like so..
While i was at it i sanded down the seamline ..
Then we epoxy in the flashtube..
..and then expoxy on the top and bottomof the bracket onto the Webley barrel..
I then cut 2 strips of ABS the width oc the clamp to replace the "missing sides"
Then we expoxy those on,fill the seams with Bondo, and give it a coat of paint