Quick Build Jet Pack

From
    Jamestown, ND United States

Quick Build Jet Pack

Hello All.

I have been using a foam core, paint lid, tin can, pvc, renuzit jet pack for the last 6 years and shes beginning to have some serious issues. I have a Big Springfield, Cardinals Baseball game this Sunday Afternoon. What method would you suggest for making a complete jet pack that is much better than my foam core, but I can build in 2 days and paint by Sunday. It doesn't have to have all the lights and whistles by Sunday as I will be all around and it will be hot so we will have to go in shifts of off and on. But need it to look good.

I have been thinking of getting a large piece of styrofoam and cut it with a hot knife to the Shape and coat it in epoxy and prime it then paint it. I can reuse my missile and the jet nozzles and some of the pieces like the caps and greeblie parts.

I just want light and quick. I am ESB Fett not the ROTJ So the paint job is easier in my opinion.

Thanks for suggestions.

From

Re: Quick Build Jet Pack

No recommendations? I have been thinking about it and even had a dream about it last night. I will go out this morning and look for material I think the foam would be good, but I am worried about getting it sealed off so I can paint it. I need something that will make it water tight and coated well, but something that wont melt the foam.

Please give input.

Soilman

From
    Westminster, MD

Maybe you could give it a few coats of acrylic clear coat. That's what I've been doing for some pieces of my jetpack.

From

Been looking for foam and 2" is about as thick as I can find. I found a heat knife for cutting and trimming. I will look at glueing the foam together.

From

I found a place here locally that can make a CNC foam jetpack for me. They are giving me a price and it would be made from one piece of virgin EPS foam with base coat. I can get a block from them for $32 that is 2'x3'x8" I will keep heads up for everyone. May have to make several dozen to keep price down.

I did find a hot knife at Lowes that would work for cutting, it was only $20 and I can get a 2" 4x8 foam insulation board for $25 which would be enough for like 3 packs and other things. I will just try to see what is best option even if that means limping through one more troop with my old pack.