Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for those with Bobamaker stuff

Question for those with Bobamaker stuff

I am thinking of switching to Bobamaker shoulders. I really like his painting and I think mine are a bit flat shaped. I wonder how his bells compare to WOF Large templates.

Ideas?

Re: Question for those with Bobamaker stuff

Well, I can't speak for the WOF shoulders... but I have a set of BM and am very happy with them.

From
    Townsville, Australia

I also have a set and they are great!

From
    California

All my Armor is from BM. Paint as well. Worth every penny!

- KuCor

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Not to be rude but buy American...FP is the way to go its more accurate in that its vac formed plastic...its cheaper so its a win win for you

From
    Sacramento, CA

All my armor sans the helmet is BM to include the paint scheme. I love his work and the turn around time was great as well. He keeps you posted if there are any snags but otherwise made his turn around time he stated at the start of the project.

Sean

From
    Albuquerque

I don't know if this really applies to the info you're looking for, but I have one of his jetpacks...very nice and accurate as near as I can tell. Downside: resin and HEAVY (pretty **** expensive too). I also broke some inner pieces where the thrusters attach to the body when I bumped into some walls/doorways. I fixed them, but it still bummed me out a little. If weight is an issue for you, then I would probably try to find something lighter

Well I am only really wondering about the size of the shoulder bells. I already have scratch sintra build plates (WOF Large) and MOW gaunts and jetpack. I wasn't happy with my paint job on my shoulders and was considering having parts from most of the big makers.

I would consider having someone here paint my shoulders as well.

Account Deactivated

I paint.
    Click my signature below for examples
    There are BM armor parts all over the site.

From
    California

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Not to be rude but buy American...FP is the way to go its more accurate in that its vac formed plastic...its cheaper so its a win win for you
    I know this is your opinion but still found parts of your statement odd. "Buy American"- For what purpose? A quality maker is a quality maker. Even if they live across the pond. It is also just my opinion but when I was in the market for armor years back, I specifically did not want vac formed armor.

This is not a reply to agitate a debate or negate your valid points in your post. Just like I said above, found bits of your response to strike my thoughts.

- KuCor

Yeah I really don't base my purchases from location either. I have bought quite a few BM parts and I love every one of them, how ever I also bought from wickedbeard and I love those too. I base my purchases on 1. price 2. quality and form there I buy form the people that I KNOW are quality vendors. If I bought form you once, chances are REAL good I'll use you again.
    ll

From
    USAF Utah

I think you are missing my point, why not buy American made products that are superior in quality and cheaper at that? Buying American supports our struggling economy, why wouldnt you want to help another american put food on the table?

From
    Toronto, Canada

I have BM armor ... I'm very happy with it all...very happy with the service, the quality and the look of the products from him.
    Last edited by rangefinder; Mar 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM. Reason: incomplete

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

Hey Gymbeau2000 I'll measure my FP and BM shoulder bells at the widest point and the height if that will help you see how they measure up to the WOF L templates.

I don't want to derail this thread but I won't be buying BM again.

From
    Sacramento, CA

I'm all for helping the American economy but if I can get the same product faster even from across the pond I'll buy from over seas too. Fett a side, when I was fighting in Afghanistan, I had better luck with buying stuff from the UK and getting it much faster than U.S. companies. Just my two cents.

Sean

From
    USAF Utah

Pay more for a inferior product? That doesnt make sense to me even if its quicker...I guess we can start shopping on ebay too now

From
    Murrieta CA

My first set of armor was BM and I would not say that it was inferior product, just different I switched to FP because it was lighter and slightly more accurate. Then BM armor if I remember correctly is resin back with fiberglass.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

^ This.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

mandosoldier said: View Post
    Yeah I really don't base my purchases from location either. I have bought quite a few BM parts and I love every one of them, how ever I also bought from wickedbeard and I love those too. I base my purchases on 1. price 2. quality and form there I buy form the people that I KNOW are quality vendors. If I bought form you once, chances are REAL good I'll use you again.
    ll
    I base my purchases on:

1. Who makes the best stuff.
    2. Location.

The answers just happen to be:
    1. Fettpride, most accurate stuff out there. Plus it's half the price.
    2. America.

From

Andy you win with that

From
    Sacramento, CA

Pay more for a inferior product? That doesnt make sense to me even if its quicker...I guess we can start shopping on ebay too now
    I guess I don't see BM's product as inferior. I've personally seen a lot of guys in the 501st troop his armor and it holds up incredibly well compared to other U.S. makers (not all but just others).

Sean

ok.. seriously? This thread has gotten WAAYYY off topic. The man asked about how BM Shoulder Bells compare to WOF Large templates bells. My guess is that he wanted to know about size and shape and the difference between them. Not, who's is better, inferior, cheaper, expensive.. and American or European. Buy American? Are you kidding me? He's not buying a car for pete's sake. He's asking about a couple of fellow TDH members shoulder bells. A couple of members that are very well respected I might add. We're here to support each other... not turn people against one another. Remember people, opinions are like.... and every body has one. There's not only one person that makes a certain armor part. That's why we have the TDH... so that there are choices.

From
    Sacramento, CA

Dutch said: View Post
    ok.. seriously? This thread has gotten WAAYYY off topic. The man asked about how BM Shoulder Bells compare to WOF Large templates bells. My guess is that he wanted to know about size and shape and the difference between them. Not, who's is better, inferior, cheaper, expensive.. and American or European. Buy American? Are you kidding me? He's not buying a car for pete's sake. He's asking about a couple of fellow TDH members shoulder bells. A couple of members that are very well respected I might add. We're here to support each other... not turn people against one another. Remember people, opinions are like.... and every body has one. There's not only one person that makes a certain armor part. That's why we have the TDH... so that there are choices.
    I would agree with you. I own different parts from a lot of other TDH'ers. FP and BM included. There seems to be a trend though I've noticed for people to jump on threads and openly bash other makers which I don't quite understand.

Sean

From

I kind of did all this quickly today because I was running around but wanted to have something to post for you. Tommorrow I'll actually measure each face of the armor from point to point.

Okay well I wasn't fully certain on how exactly I should do the measurements so bare with me. I measured the width from the widest point of the shoulder plate going over the exterior of the armor as well as simply a straight measurement under the armor. The "length" was done from the center of the shoulder down to the bottom. Also keep in mind that this armor is already curved so I'm not certain how the numbers will compare to the WOF templates. I also balanced the armor one its "wing tips" and measured from the table to the shoulder bell at the section that would face outward/down when worn. The shoulder bell was then elevated so that bottom section was pointing as high as possible.

Width: Over-7.75"/6.5"Under
    Length: 6.25"
    Height: Balanced-2.25" Elevated-3"

The BM shoulder bells or atleast mine don't have the proper amount of a curve that should exist and the measurements aren't accurate to what they should be as well but I hope this helps you out. I also have FP if you require the measurements for those as well as access to a pair of Wickedbeard.

If someone has a better way of doing this, please tell me and I'll try and do it again. The only problem I have is that my BM shoulder plates are permenantly attached to the vest so that somewhat hinders exact measurements in some regards. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more definite help.

batmann539 said: View Post
    There seems to be a trend though I've noticed for people to jump on threads and openly bash other makers which I don't quite understand.

Sean
    Yes, there has been. And there are a few members here that are notorious for it.