Q: How to set up the harness

From
    Cookeville, TN

Q: How to set up the harness

I've tried the search function but I keep getting a "Database Error" message so I'm going to ask flat out.

I want to know how you attach the harness through the vest and to the pack. I will be getting my vest shortly and need an idea on what to do. Depending on time and complexity, I may even just directly attach the pack to the backplate as its pretty light. Maybe 5lbs.

Any pics of how the real harness works would help also.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: Q: How to set up the harness

here's a couple good shots from the mom exhibit,

so underneath the flak vest you're wearing some kind of body harness (whether it be a booboofett aluminum harness, or a chopped up backpack) that goes over the shoulders, it has two straps on it that come through the slits in the vest and through the slots in the armor that then attach to the jetpack with either the hook and eye method (as shown in the pics), or side release clips, or a pretty little bow. the actual attachment is up to you, as my gml told me; there's a fine line between accuracy and the wearability of a costume.

From
    Cookeville, TN

That helps a little but what I was mainly wondering how one person puts the harness over the jumpsuit, then through the vest, then through the plate and then to the pack.
    Seems unwieldly.

And is the famous divers buckle part of the pack harness or a separate belt of some kind?

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

it is a little bit of a pain, but i don't dress myself when i get into boba. it's not a one person job that i can tell, i couldn't get everything on myself.

the belt on my setup is bolted to the jetpack then goes around me, in the original it's attached to the harness and the jp has two lower hooks that sit on a crossbar at the bottom of the frame.

Yeah getting suited as Fett is in no way a one man job lol

From
    Tokyo

I was wondering this same thing the other day. Thanks for asking, and thanks to the others for answers!

Would be interesting to hear if anybody has a technique for dressing oneself?

i've never seen a fett able to put his/her own pack on.

it takes 1, sometimes 2 people to suit me up

From
    Norwalk, CT

I've managed to do it twice out of necessity in my own home because my wife was unavailable for my submission photos and on a Halloween. It involved a lot of contortion and a couch. And I almost broke the JP missile. I would not recommend it.

From
    Tsawwassen

berkal said: View Post
    Would be interesting to hear if anybody has a technique for dressing oneself?
    My hope is to develop an easy way to fully put the costume on as part of this year's costume design for halloween I'll be sure to post some how-to threads if I reach any kind of wonderful epiphanies haha

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Muad'Dib, thanks for pointing out that there were issues with the search feature. I think they are now fixed and you should be able to search as needed!

From
    Cookeville, TN

No problem.

saint_nasty said: View Post
    here's a couple good shots from the mom exhibit,

so underneath the flak vest you're wearing some kind of body harness (whether it be a booboofett aluminum harness, or a chopped up backpack) that goes over the shoulders, it has two straps on it that come through the slits in the vest and through the slots in the armor that then attach to the jetpack with either the hook and eye method (as shown in the pics), or side release clips, or a pretty little bow. the actual attachment is up to you, as my gml told me; there's a fine line between accuracy and the wearability of a costume.

THX these pics will help when i get to this point

Madmartigan said: View Post
    I've managed to do it twice out of necessity in my own home because my wife was unavailable for my submission photos and on a Halloween. It involved a lot of contortion and a couch. And I almost broke the JP missile. I would not recommend it.
    Hahahahahaha ive done that also..for my submission pics as well. I have the fiance with me when i troop fett and she helps with the process. And like stormtrooper guy, it takes one, sometimes 2 people to help suit me up. Im guessing boba had some sort of device in Slave one that held his pack on the wall and he then would just back up to it and it would attach ...but thats just a guess lol