Pre-Pro Boba Fett Blaster Rifle Blueprints

wizardofflight

Well-Known Hunter
Hello,

Recently on StarWars.com they posted an article on the original Boba Fett concept in which Boba is deck out from head to toe in white. Also over on the RPF there was a thread that had pictures of the original Fett blaster rifle. Between the two there was sufficient information to draw up a set of blueprints. And since I had already done the Sling gun I needed to complete the set.

So here is the first draft. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Alan

WhiteBFPerProBlaster.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic Alan, but in the photo it looks like the Graflex has wiper blade grips just like Anakin's saber given to Luke in EpIV. It looks like the whole thing was painted black in the old photo of the gun.

(y)

Whoa those photos you've linked are sick! That original gun looks like what you've drawn, but you're right in that photo the Graflex has turned 90 degrees. Nice work Alan.

(y)

Those photos are the album of fellow TDH member TK7602. That's from the trip to the Ranch and to Steve Sansweet's house that he and I went on.

(That's me in his gallery holding an original Biker Scout helmet at the bottom of the page.)

Alan,

The stock on the blaster in the pics looks to be a one piece. Maybe a resin copy with the some of the details gone and the hollowed out section at the buttstock filled in.

The stock you have on your blueprints are too good and represent the stock on a real UZI! :)

Otherwise an awesome start!!!! (y) (y)

anybody else notice that the name plate on the jet pack says "Boba Fett Backpack Empire Strikes Back 1980" ?????? Is someone confused or is that the prepro jet pack? If so where's the rest of the greeblies on the bottom?

Oh to keep the post on topic: Great work Alan! I'm amazed you could get so much detail out of those pictures. Amazed as always!

Yeah, we know Webchief. Stop rubbing it in! ;)

(y)

hahahah! and in my own little watermarking stunt, that's my reflection in the jet pack case.

it is pretty funny that the pack says esb. looks like a stunt to me, based on how sloppy the paint was. rotj or pre-pro, who knows? maybe it was the same pack for both ;)

Thanks guys glad you like them.

Whoa!! Great job on that! How long did that take for you to draw?!

This was an easy one by comparison, I have blueprints for the Graflex and I found some UZI rieciver blueprints online and I picked up a toy UZI Mini at Party City, it was just a matter of tracing the blueprints and taking measurements from the toy and 5 to 6 hours later this is what I came up with. I am still working on them and I still need to create a few more views.

Alan,

The stock on the blaster in the pics looks to be a one piece. Maybe a resin copy with the some of the details gone and the hollowed out section at the buttstock filled in.

The stock you have on your blueprints are too good and represent the stock on a real UZI! :)

Otherwise an awesome start!!!! (y) (y)

The actual prop is defintiely a casting as you noted the stock is a solid chunk or resin. I liked the idea of the folding stock to that is what I treid to depic.

The blaster uses an older style Graflex, not the same as the ones used for Luke's lightsaber.
-The "glass eye" hole is empty.
- The button is completely different. It looks like the tapping button from a telegraph.

The box on the side with the silver tip is only on the left side of the gun.
That long box is not rectangular- it's twice as tall in the back than it is in the front. It's really a complicated piece.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of the old Graflex. I have gone back to the reference pics and now that you have pointed it out I can see that the "box" does indeed have a slope to it. it is difficult to see in the pics but it's there.

I update the drawings Thanks!!

Alan

The blaster uses an older style Graflex, not the same as the ones used for Luke's lightsaber.
-The "glass eye" hole is empty.
- The button is completely different. It looks like the tapping button from a telegraph.

The box on the side with the silver tip is only on the left side of the gun.
That long box is not rectangular- it's twice as tall in the back than it is in the front. It's really a complicated piece.

I have updated the drawing in the first post based on lonepigeon feedback, Thank you. I still need to update the Graflex, but I need to find a reference pic.

If anyone has any pics that they can share of this piece please send them my way, wizardofflight@comcast.net I want to make sure it is as close as possible to the real deal.

Alan

It sure looks that way in the reference pics, so I snag the one off my JP drawings and it fit right in to place. I am beginning to suspect that the stabilizer was some kind of rheostat or a rotary switch. Maybe someboby will figure out that mystery some day.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed at the talent and depth of knowledge by the people on this forum! :cheers

First thing I thought when I saw the blaster was "Man, that looks like an Uzi 9mm with a folding stock". Of course Han Solo's blaster looks like an old broom handle Mauser machine pistol and the Stormtrooper's blaster remind me a lot of a WW II British Sten gun. I think it's easy to see a lot of WW II influence in Episode IV.

Great blueprints! The Wizard works his magic again!(y)

This is awsome, ive actually got an uzi 9mm bb gun that looks so much like this, wouldnt take alot to make one of these. may have to have a go......along with all the other projects i have at the moment..:lol:

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back