Subscribe
    Feb 15, 2013, 4:32 PM - Painting & Weathering Technique for ESB Blaster Rifle & Stock #1

Hi, I'm in the process of assembling my self built ESB blaster rifle and stock. Can anyone please share tips on what color paints and wood stain (for the stock) work best when painting the rifle. Also any tips on how to weather the rifle? Thanks
    Feb 16, 2013, 12:24 AM - Re: Painting & Weathering Technique for ESB Blaster Rifle & Stock #2

My ESB rifle is painted with Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze. It does not come in enamel though and will wear away from the resin over time. I have an undercoat of Flat Black Enamel under the coat of Oil Rubbed Bronze as my Webley cast is off-white.

For the stock, I chose a wood stain at Wal-Mart that looked pretty good to me.
    Feb 16, 2013, 8:50 AM - Re: Painting & Weathering Technique for ESB Blaster Rifle & Stock #3

Mine came with a plastic stock. The trick to that is dabbing a little bit of acrylic paint on a cloth and "dry brushing" it on. It leaves some of the deeper areas black, for the grain look, while coloring the rest brown, or whatever shade you choose. I used two different browns. People are amazed when they knock on the stock to find out it's hollow plastic.

For the metal parts, ( mine are resin) I used gunmetal spray paint from a hobby shop. I've also found that at I can get the same color if I paint the gun a silver color, or aluminum, then before it dries, mist it with flat black. It takes a few minutes to get the hang of it, but you will end up peppering the silver with black evenly enough that it looks gun metal.
    Feb 16, 2013, 12:12 PM - Re: Painting & Weathering Technique for ESB Blaster Rifle & Stock #4

If the stock is real wood then it should be stained quite dark and should be coated with gloss varnish to resemble a real Webley

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/s...special-45355/
    Feb 18, 2013, 3:32 PM - Re: Painting & Weathering Technique for ESB Blaster Rifle & Stock #5

thanks