Subscribe
    Mar 9, 2011, 5:33 PM - Paint question #1

I need to touch up some spots on the piano keys on my jetpack but I don't wan to saturate the area with the claret red just to get in the crevices. Have people been successful spraying out of the can into a cup or something and then using a brush to finish the job? That's the only way I could think to do it short of finding a matching color not in a can.
    Mar 9, 2011, 5:53 PM - Re: Paint question #2

head to the craft section of walmart and pick up a small bottle of apple barrel brand burgundy acrylic. mix it about 1:1 or even 1:1.5 with rubbing alcohol to thin it down a bit. it goes on more evenly and dries a bit faster with the alcohol. apply and wait for it to dry.

while you're there pick up some brown or black (depending on your weathering tastes) thin that down pretty far, like 1:4 or 1:5 with the alcohol, you're making a wash with it. apply liberally with a large brush, an old toothbrush would work fine, then wipe the excess off with a towel that doesn't leave bits of lint all over the paint. i used a microfiber towel from the automotive section to good results. the weathering wash should cover up any differences between the burgundy and the claret.
    Mar 9, 2011, 7:24 PM - Re: Paint question #3

Thanks for the tips, sounds like a plan I guess I'll finish laying down the other colors and then touch up/weather everything at once.
  4. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Mar 12, 2011, 7:11 AM - Re: Paint question #4

I spray in to the lid and use a small brush , the old style car sprays used to come with a small brush atached to the lid for that reson,
    totally do able
    Mar 12, 2011, 10:48 AM - Re: Paint question #5

I'll give both a try. I know the wash is what will really bring the jetpack to life and hopefully dull any bad paint spots
    Mar 14, 2011, 6:16 PM - Re: Paint question #6

I've had success spraying into the lid and brushing it on as well.
    Mar 14, 2011, 6:36 PM - Re: Paint question #7

I've been spraying the Rusto into solo cups letting it run down the side so I actually had some depth to dip the brush in. Brushing it on doesn't work the same as spraying it, but I think when I weather it, it'll blend everything together. I have started doubling up the solo cups though because twice now the paint has eaten through the plastic cup and left me a puddle...
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 14, 2011, 9:38 PM - Re: Paint question #8

Quote jinto said: View Post
    I spray in to the lid and use a small brush , the old style car sprays used to come with a small brush atached to the lid for that reson,
    totally do able
    u do this