Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    149
    Dec 15, 2004, 2:09 AM - Original authentic girth belts #1

    I have a large supply of original english horse girths(i bought the lot!).
    They are exactly like the original,'coz they ARE the real thing.
    If anyone is interested,i might start a thread.
    NO dye needed,as i say,they are the authentic item.
    I also custom fit them,too,no extra charge,with attaching belts,original,authentic buckles.
    I say again,these are the real thing,guys and gals.......quit messing with dye and incorrect nylon girths,willya?
    I know y'all like to 'roll your own',but this is the real thing that Jem wore in the trilogy,and I have 80 of 'em.
    Up to you.................



  2. fettcicle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,263
    Dec 15, 2004, 2:28 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #2

    I would certainly be interested
  3. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,702
    Dec 15, 2004, 5:50 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #3

    I'm possibly interested... what's the price?
  4. SEEKER's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    4,366
    Dec 15, 2004, 7:18 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #4

    PICS?
  5. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Dec 15, 2004, 10:07 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #5

    Price & pics please?
  6. Jango's kid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,517
    Dec 15, 2004, 2:03 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #6

    I would certainly be interested...especially if you can custom fit them. Pics & price would be great
    Damian
  7. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    149
    Dec 15, 2004, 4:13 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #7

    cool guys,gimme a day,as i'm in the clinic to have me tube out,and i'll get pix and price,no extra for custom fitting.
  8. Slowmo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    594
    Dec 15, 2004, 5:32 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #8

    looking forward to seeing these since my die didn't take very well.
  9. shortimer52's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,287
    Dec 15, 2004, 5:46 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #9

    ME TOO ME TOO
  10. MonCal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    856
    Dec 16, 2004, 1:02 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #10

    I just wanna be sure this isn't a "x-mas fool's" joke



    I'm interested for sure!!!!!!

  11. Predatormv's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    2,199
    Dec 16, 2004, 2:48 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #11

    Yea I am deffinatally intrested.
  12. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    149
    Dec 17, 2004, 4:07 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #12

    Ok folks,here's the story,a couple of years ago,I called into a local equestrian supply store,and asked for the correct type of girth.
    The girl on the counter said "oh,yeah,we have lots of those old things,we can't sell them,so they're upstairs in the stockroom,how many would you like?"
    So,we made a deal,and I bought the lot.
    I can custom fit them like this,cut the belt,burn the ends to stop them fraying,then handstitch the buckle section back on.Then,it's just 2x1" black webbing 'straps' with riveted holes every 1" for adjustment.One end of the 'straps' is sewn onto the buckle,like the one that Jem wore in esb,and rotj.I tried to get it exact,but someone might want something different.
    I know some of you use the MOM pix as reference,but be aware,these are copies of the Fett outfit,not the real thing.
    Brak's Buddy has an awsome reference cd,but you'll see that the 2 outfits there are different.
    I know for a fact that there are 7 Boba Fett helmets in LFL's archive,and they are all similar,but not the same.
    I think that although I'm not a SW fan,I'm a big Fett fan,I think in part because it's such a hard item to 'nail',it can't be 'nailed' as there is NO definive 'perfect' Fett outfit.
    Although I am always truly amazed at your work guys and gals.....I know how much work goes into making,and dying a girth belt,and I'd love to have had some of you folks working for me when I made props and sets.Talk about a talent pool...jeeperz..
    So,shall we nail down the perfect girth belt,eh?
    Let me know what you think y'all,who has the best idea for the finished item?


  13. gorman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    404
    Dec 17, 2004, 4:11 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #13

    I was beginning to wonder what happened to you there buddy!

    Get that pipe out ok?
  14. Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,702
    Dec 17, 2004, 8:50 AM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #14

    Just awaiting a price.
  15. MonCal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    856
    Dec 17, 2004, 12:41 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #15


    webchief wrote:

    Just awaiting a price.
    and pics, details, etc.

  16. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,216
    Dec 17, 2004, 1:50 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #16


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    I know some of you use the MOM pix as reference,but be aware,these are copies of the Fett outfit,not the real thing.
    Brak's Buddy has an awsome reference cd,but you'll see that the 2 outfits there are different.
    You couldn't be more wrong. I can show PLENTY of evidence that both the AoSW and MoM suits are REAL, screen used suits. You have made a lot of outlandish claims in the past but this is simply ridiculous. Either put up or shut up. SHOW us, don't tell us, that this is true. The fact is, you can't, in which case you shouldn't be spouting such garbage. Boba Fett's history is difficult enough as it is without you throwing in unsubstantiated BS to make it more confusing, expecially to those who are new to this board.


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    I know for a fact that there are 7 Boba Fett helmets in LFL's archive,and they are all similar,but not the same.
    Prove this. I am not saying you are wrong here. I am aware of at least 8 helmets, but all are not in the archives. If you are going to post this as "fact" then PROVE it. Otherwise, you need to reword your statement.


    Really wishing the mods had a rule about banning for posting misinformation right about now....
  17. Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,696
    Dec 17, 2004, 2:10 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #17

    Brak's is 100% correct. There is an archive photo, taken by one of the prop makers from the trilogy, with 4 Empire style helmets and one preproduction helmet. Even with such a low-quality photo, and despite a concerted effort to match the helmets to the ESB hero, one can still tell that NONE of those Empire style helmets are the hero.

    The point is we have indefinitely better photos of the tour suits, and we have meticulously matched the parts to the ones on film. With the exception of the preproduction cod and knee, all the parts were at some point screen-used.

    I'm not sure where you got your information from regarding the tour suits, but love to see any evidence that proves the parts are reproductions. I'm not trying to bust your chops on the whole "proving yourself issue," but disputing the authenticity of the tour suits is a BIG deal, because it is the best reference for the suits we have and also the most verifiable evidence.
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    149
    Dec 17, 2004, 2:17 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #18

    Here we go again with the bloody "prove it!" team,well,truth is I cannot prove it,and have no desire to.
    I go on info i have been given by 'those who should know',and my own experience,that's all.
    If I spark off a lively debate on a subject,fine and cool,and I love to be proved wrong,if i'm on the wrong track.
    btw,I was told about the 7 helmets by a LFL/ILM employee,so you go tell him,he's a liar,ok?
    Not interested in getting into a pissing contest with anyone,and this is my last post to this site.
    Merry Xmas,and best wishes for the New Year,to you all.
  19. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,216
    Dec 17, 2004, 2:49 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #19


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    Here we go again with the bloody "prove it!" team..
    Oh yes, the horror! How dare we ask for proof? I guess it is because some of us are actually looking for TRUTH that can be BACKED UP inside of wild, unsubstantiated claims made in a post where you are trying to make yourself look more knowledgable for the benefit of SELLING PRODUCT!


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    well, truth is I cannot prove it
    Exactly! Which is why you should be more careful in how you make you "I KNOW FOR A FACT" type claims. There is no shame in saying "I was told" or "I believe" or "I think but can't prove."


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    and have no desire to.
    And this is how rumors, myths, untruths and legends are born... Because someone doesn't know something for a fact, but tells it as if it is. That is WRONG! Period!


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    I go on info i have been given by 'those who should know',and my own experience,that's all.
    And that is often the problem. I have run into MANY people who were there during production or have worked at LFL afterwards and many of them SHOULD HAVE KNOWN certain things too, but often they don't but in an effort to please will tell you what you want to hear. Again, this is how prop urban legends are made.


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    If I spark off a lively debate on a subject,fine and cool,and I love to be proved wrong,if i'm on the wrong track.
    Don't try to throw the ball back in my court. You are the one making the claims. You prove it. I have nothing to prove as anything I have ever posted has been backed with picture proof or I have made it clear that what I have posted is MY OPINION.


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    btw,I was told about the 7 helmets by a LFL/ILM employee,so you go tell him,he's a liar,ok?
    I didn't say you were a liar. I said PROVE it if you are going to say "I KNOW FOR A FACT."


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    Not interested in getting into a pissing contest with anyone
    Nor am I but I won't stand by while ANYONE makes claims like you have made, stating them as fact and not backing them up. This is not about me being right and you being wrong. It is about posting misinformation to this board and steering people in the wrong direction.


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    and this is my last post to this site.
    If I am not mistaken, you have said this before so we'll see ya in a few weeks.
  20. shortimer52's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,287
    Dec 17, 2004, 4:39 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #20

    So I take it no more belts?
  21. Lynn TXP 0369's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,785
    Dec 17, 2004, 6:40 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #21


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    Here we go again with the bloody "prove it!" team,well,truth is I cannot prove it,and have no desire to.
    No one will trust you or believe you if you don't.

    Proof talks, BS walks....

    Lynn
  22. gorman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    404
    Dec 17, 2004, 7:45 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #22

    O.K. so what point does he have to prove here?

    Does he have to walk into the LF archives and take a photo of the helmets all lined up in a row?

    And to that point has anyone on this board actually been into the archive personally?
  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,216
    Dec 17, 2004, 8:19 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #23


    gorman wrote:

    O.K. so what point does he have to prove here?

    Does he have to walk into the LF archives and take a photo of the helmets all lined up in a row?

    And to that point has anyone on this board actually been into the archive personally?
    When you make a statement like "I know for a fact" then you BETTER have been there or you BETTER have picture proof if you weren't. I know I probably seem a bit sensitive about this kind of thing and I won't apologize for it. I AM sensitive about it because I have seen a TON of BS become accepted as truth just because someone said it was true and then YEARS later we find out it wasn't and we based many things off that "truth". This board is about the spread of INFORMATION not misinformation. Anyone who has studied Fett in even the SLIGHTEST could atest that the suits at MoM and AoSW are real, not copies yet OFM has EMPHATICALLY stated that they are not real. I call BS because it IS BS and easily proveable. If you are going to make some huge statement you need to be prepared to back up your claim. It is as simple as that.



  24. Lynn TXP 0369's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,785
    Dec 17, 2004, 8:32 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #24


    gorman wrote:

    O.K. so what point does he have to prove here?
    I guess when he said this statement in a past bucket thread.....


    OZFettmaker wrote:

    no way.the armor paint is SAC bomber green.that's the real paint used.........I have it in my dad's notebook..he worked on the original.hope this helps......................
    People remember when someone makes a statement like that
    (I DID!) and now he says he has the facts on something by "those who should know" but then he won't/can't proove it and still calls it a FACT..?...

    That dosn't make him look exactly too credible now does it.?.


    Lynn
  25. fettcicle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,263
    Dec 17, 2004, 9:42 PM - Re: Original authentic girth belts #25

    It's unfortunate when it comes down to this, but it's REALLY easy to post a pic, and could have been prevented with a picture. I have heard rumors, made assumptions, looked in all the wrong places, and actually found a couple of things myself (Things that I haven't posted ) But I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to make a claim without proof. Then if I were going to sell something, I wouldn't want to sell it without showing a picture. We are all a cooperative grope, I know we all can't have image hosting sites, but we help each other and host pics for others when we can. This could have been a great opportunity for us, but turned out to be a dud.

Similar Threads

  1. NEW WAY TO DIE GIRTH BELTS!!!
    By whistle8mp in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2014, 3:22 AM
  2. Poss Girth belts on E-bay
    By tk9950 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 1, 2008, 4:22 PM
  3. Xtra Girth belts
    By whistle8mp in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 9, 2008, 12:03 PM
  4. Question on girth belts
    By Coyote850 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2006, 1:51 PM
  5. Jango Girth belts?
    By fongtrooper in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 11, 2006, 11:21 PM