Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 3, 2003, 7:57 PM - How do the side pouches attach on? #1

How do the side pouches attach to the costume? Is it through one of the belts? Is it attached directly to the side of the jumpsuit? Does anyone have pics of this?

Thanks
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jan 3, 2003, 8:19 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #2

some wear them on the same belt as the eight leather pouches, and then they're back on your side.

I wear mine esb style, hanging below the leather pouches, in line with the thigh pouches. I use a separate belt for them.

I put the codpiece on.
    Then the rope belt.
    Then the belt with the cloth pouches
    And lastly the leather pouch belt.

Hope this helps,

Phil
  3. Ego
    Jan 3, 2003, 8:21 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #3

What hides the belt that the pouches are attached to (if anything?)

Jer

journeymanprotector wrote:

I put the codpiece on.
    Then the rope belt.
    Then the belt with the cloth pouches
    And lastly the leather pouch belt.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jan 3, 2003, 8:35 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #4

The last belt, with leather pouches, hides it pretty well. Overall I wouldn't even mind if it peeked here and there. More belts makes the suit look more complicated. And it is...

Phil
  5. Ego
    Jan 3, 2003, 8:48 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #5

Phil,

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking about maybe a rig something like this:

Where you glue another part of a smaller belt to the back of the ammo belt . . then you could loop the pouch and let it hang below . . . gives the same result . . . but, one less belt to put on . . . as you say . . . the suit is pretty complex! hehe

Jer
    Last edited by Trooper TK409; May 28, 2005 at 2:47 PM.
    Jan 3, 2003, 9:18 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #6

I believe one of the ROTJ belts had velcro on the outside of the pouch flap, and the opposite type velcro on the inside of the belt. Another method would be snaps
    Jan 3, 2003, 10:10 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #7

The side pouches were worn on the leather belt at the MoM display,

but the AoSW display had them attached to the girth belt.
    Last edited by Trooper TK409; May 28, 2005 at 2:49 PM.
  8. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 4, 2003, 12:33 AM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #8

MoM/AoSW is a HORRIBLE ref when it comes to how the suit was assembled... Don't believe me? Check out the pic below. Need I say more?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bad_Assembly.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	45981
    Jan 4, 2003, 12:42 AM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #9

Humm, I wonder who would do a stupid thing like that?
    Jan 4, 2003, 12:56 AM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #10

Ankle spats, wrist spats, aren't they all the same?

The ESB pouches were definately not worn on the leather belt, but under it. Now whether or not they were attached to the girth belt or to the underside of the leather belt, I don't know. As far as RotJ, I'm still looking for a good, conclusive picture to post.
  11. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 4, 2003, 9:42 AM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #11

Agreed BF. I haven't been able to find a TRUE RotJ pic but I can verify that the RotJ:SE setup has the pouches attches the same way the ESb does. The large cargo pouches come out from under the leather pouches...
    Jan 4, 2003, 12:09 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #12

Brak's, where do you find this stuff??

:: that pic makes me wanna start work on my F'dUpMOM Fett suit ::
    Jan 5, 2003, 12:36 PM - Re: How do the side pouches attach on? #13

My take on ESB pouch mounting is that they possibly mounted them to the jet pack harness waist belt, then covered it with the ammo belt. You can see that in several prepro pics the jet pack harneess was exposed. By putting the ammo belt over the hip bags (when the hip bags are attached to the harness it would keep the ammo belt mounted up high and wouldn't be able to slide down to expose the jet pack harness. Confused? -Mark
    Jan 29, 2003, 3:07 AM - Thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pockets dimensions #14

Hey!!

I need some dimension for my ROTJ flight suit. I need the
    thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pocket dimensions.

Thanks

Fabrizio
    May 4, 2003, 6:16 PM - Side Pouches??? #15

What do we know about color and material and patterns for the 2 ROTJ side pouches???
  16. Agent of Doom
    May 4, 2003, 7:16 PM - Re: Side Pouches??? #16

I believe they are the same color and material as the jumpsuit.
    May 5, 2003, 7:44 AM - Re: Side Pouches??? #17

The side pouches are indeed a tan color. Mine's are made of a tan cotton material, similar to the one use for the jumpsuit...but tan. I'm gonna weather it a little once I finish with all the soft parts of my costume.

Robert
    Jun 8, 2003, 4:41 PM - Re: Thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pockets dimensions #18

Has anyone confirmed that (4" wide x 5" tall x 1" deep) is the correct size for the thigh pouches? I converted these patterns to print out at actual size. You can download them here, but I just want to make sure this is the correct dimension.
    *EDIT*
    See correct patterns below...
    Jun 8, 2003, 8:12 PM - Re: Thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pockets dimensions #19

fpoato, I used 7 1/2" tall X 6" wide X 2" deep, and leaving a 1/2" extra fabric all around for sewing. I actually had to adapt and create a second one from the patterns you gave me a few months ago so it could fit on me, which I did and traced a newly custom pattern myself to work with it. Same size for my belt pouches which they were already made and bought from Ebay, due to the fact that I have a small/average frame, but they look pretty good once I have it on, and the belt pouches fits really good in my belt as well with my 34" waist...not bad!

Robert
  20. STEMMlin
    Jun 11, 2003, 4:53 PM - side pouch attachment #20

okay all you Empire Fetts out there im in need of help, despite aaaaall the ref shot of fett out there im curious as to how all you ESBers out there have the 2 waist pouches (the big ones on the sides) connected to your suits. i cant see any way of stringing them on the ammo belt as there is no room, unless there some hidden loops somewhere. o the woes of being an ESBer.......
    Jun 11, 2003, 7:47 PM - Re: side pouch attachment #21

If I am not mistaken, the side bags velcro to the underside of the ammo belt.

Jun 11, 2003, 9:11 PM - Re: side pouch attachment #22

I made a seperate belt that these go on. Then I put the ammo belt over the top of that. I used velcro on the front side of my Pouch belt, & on the inside of the ammo belt. That way the smaller pouch belt will stay hidden underneath the larger ammo belt. Theres just too much stuff on the leather ammo belt + ESB side arm. On my 1st belt I tried to fit everything on the big ammo belt, but found that the 2 seperate belts works better, (at least for me )
  23. STEMMlin
    Jun 11, 2003, 9:35 PM - Re: side pouch attachment #23

velcro! genious tyler! i can deal with velcro!
    Jun 12, 2003, 1:04 PM - Re: Thigh pouch, belt pouch and utility pockets dimensions #24

Well, here's the work I did for the belt pouches dimensions. For the bottom, invert the diagonal line the other way to use as the left side. This is an example for the right side, and leave an extra 1/2 inch around of fabric when you cut this patterns. For the thigh pouches, just omit the middle square and of course leave an extra 1/2" of fabric for the seams instead. Join the 2" segments together to form the "box" before attaching to the thighs, and use the flap segment to sew straight to the jumpsuit after you sew the pocket box.

For the belt loop, that will be sewn in to the back of the pouch once is sewn together,

Hope this clarifies your doubt a little bit.

Robert
    Jun 18, 2003, 4:15 PM - Re: side pouch attachment #25

Although it's not movie-accurate, I sewed belt loops onto the back tops of my side bags. Velcro is probably the best way to go, but I usually carry my amplifier system in one of them, and didn't want to take a chance on having the pouch slip down during a gig.

Just my two credits...