Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 24, 2004, 11:22 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #51

I found this one as well....a little closer I think.

http://www.jbugs.com/store/merchant....gory_Code=2992

Also found this site....they can make custom clamps if we can determine the correct design. What do you guys think??

http://www.clampco.com/products/custom.htm
  2. Duh
    Jan 26, 2004, 3:46 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question..../Scope Mount Thread #52

Around your scope are rings that attach to the scope mounts. Are those stock? Did they come with the scope or are the crafted? Thanks.

Duh!
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 26, 2004, 6:57 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question..../Scope Mount Thread #53

Hey Duh...they are an older style scope ring that I guess was available on Crossman scopes among others. They are a little hard to come by, so keep your eyes open. Good luck!!
    Mar 3, 2004, 5:40 PM - Merged: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #54

Im working on my Fett ROTJ blaster and wondering what the scope mounting blocks look like. Anybody got a pic or a sketch so I can make myself a set? Or is it a found part that can be bought?

Mar 10, 2004, 10:33 AM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #55

OK, lots of looks but no help, and here I thought you guys new all there was to know about the Fett man.

Anyhow, I was able to get some help on the local level with this and was told I could share this. So here is a quick print a friend of mine had on what the ROTJ scope blocks might look like or at least something that will work fine.

So can anyone else give any more details?

Mar 10, 2004, 12:15 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #56

sorry Kenny, i'd help ya out if i had any info

I will tell ya though that i'll definietly buy a set from ya if you decide to do em
    Mar 10, 2004, 12:28 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #57

If I had difinitive numbers, I'd share them with you. Spidey2222 may be the one to talk to.
    Mar 10, 2004, 1:48 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #58

Thanks guys.

DCB, I have started making a few sets just off of this drawing and I will have a set with your name on them no problem. Oh and free of charge as well, just need your address again.

Been talking to Brak's and looking back at my Fett ref CD, lots of good info there to scale from as always. These sets want be dead on, but real world useable none the less.

9. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Mar 11, 2004, 12:36 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #59

Those look just like the dovetail scope rails I'm using, just twice the height.

Mar 11, 2004, 3:01 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #60

kurtyboy wrote:

Those look just like the dovetail scope rails I'm using, just twice the height.

Yup, it looks like my buddy just drew up a standard mount with a V groove in it, then scaled the overall sizes to the plain blocks that are on the ROTJ blaster.

After a closer look at the Fett CD pics, the original blocks look to just have flat sides with no grooves. So maybe jsut just a square block. But this will work even better so the scope dosent just work it self loose with out haveing a lip to hang onto.

Mar 26, 2004, 5:36 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks? #61

Alright, I finally got a sec to get back over here and post a pic. I made up a few sets of these last week and finally got a pic. Anyhow, these are my easy and usable blocks, not all that accurate but the overall size is scaled to screen accurate size.

Apr 1, 2004, 5:22 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question..../Scope Mount Thread #62

Aaaaah, this pics!
    Any way to get those pics back? I am starting to build this part of my gun and I only saved one of them to my hard drive
  13. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Apr 12, 2004, 5:41 AM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #63

the scope mounts are an electrical connector..y'know,one of those clear type of multi-pin connector......like the kind of things you see on a computer power supply........I'll go look for the part number.I think I still have it.......from memory it's a 6 or 8 pin female connector..........
  14. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Apr 12, 2004, 5:50 AM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #64

It's a 6-circuit pinhousing,by Mate-n-lock.
    hope this helps........
    the serial # could be(I'm not sure,I bought a bunch of them years ago)either...eh-0810-94,or c-163035
    these numbers are on the tech. drawing of them,so I don't know if the sreials are correct.sorry.best I can do right now.............
    Apr 12, 2004, 11:32 AM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #65

Those connectors actually only appear on the ESB version of the blaster. The RotJ version is without...just the scope on mounts.

Good info though, thanks mate.
    Apr 12, 2004, 2:22 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #66

Kenny, do you happen to have an extra pair of those? I've got the scope clamps, but need the blocks to attach them to.
    Apr 13, 2004, 5:17 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #67

BobaFettish wrote:

Kenny, do you happen to have an extra pair of those? I've got the scope clamps, but need the blocks to attach them to.

Yeah man, I think I do have an extra set, let me count up how many I have and what is spoken for and get back to you.

Apr 14, 2004, 1:11 AM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #68

Thanks Kenny. PM me or email me with the 4-1-1.
    Apr 15, 2004, 5:24 PM - Merged: Re: ROTJ scope mount blocks?.....! #69

Can you not just buy scope rails at Walley world and cut them down to the correct size?

20. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 18, 2004, 10:22 PM - Merged: Correct Scope Ring Template #70

Just got in a pair of the correct scope rings from kurtyboy and made templates so you can make your own!

You can get a huge 600 dpi version here:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/...cope_Rings.jpg

Please note that the scope rings are mirror images so you will need to print out the template then mirror it and print out a second.

Here is an image of the end of the scope ring and clamp for ref on how to bend them once you have the pieces cut out.

Here is a comparison of the new scope ring with the tall clamp compared to the scope ring I previously had with the small clamp. As you can see there is quite a difference.

And finally, here is the scope, the way it should be!
    May 19, 2004, 12:09 AM - Merged: Re: Correct Scope Ring Template #71

Thanks Brak's. Now i can make a set for my sintra rotj rifle

May 19, 2004, 12:53 AM - Merged: Re: Correct Scope Ring Template #72

Wow that's great !!!
  23. Member Since
    Nov 2003
    May 19, 2004, 1:05 AM - Merged: Re: Correct Scope Ring Template #73

Cool - Thanks Braks - yet another notch on your belt or bucket for that matter

If you had to guess, what type of material is that made out of. I was thinking Aluminum flat bar should work. That or some sheet metal.

Loranar
    May 19, 2004, 1:09 AM - Merged: Re: Correct Scope Ring Template #74

Cool. I'm glad I bought a set from kurtyboy as well. Now if I could only find that scope (or a good resin copy of it)......
  25. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 19, 2004, 6:58 AM - Merged: Re: Correct Scope Ring Template #75

Loranar_Fett wrote:

If you had to guess, what type of material is that made out of. I was thinking Aluminum flat bar should work. That or some sheet metal.
    Believe it or not, I think these are steel. They are extremely heavy and do not bend easily at all. They are compltely unlike the cheap and light weaver style aluminum scope rings that we so often see today.