Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 11, 2004, 8:30 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #26

mid last year "steveday" and a bunch of us poured over pics and he had some photo enhancing/helping software that really gave alot more to the pics.Alas it's been at least six month's and I've been so far out of the loop,I couldn't remember what the consensus was if my life depended on it.I might have saved the pics.I'll look and see what I can see.

Steve
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 11, 2004, 10:09 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #27

That would be great!!!
  3. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 12, 2004, 4:25 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #28

Man, I know this doesn't add much to the conversation but I just want to say again that this is the coolst thing I have seen in a while! Great job! Kinda makes me want an ESB rifle now...
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 13, 2004, 9:33 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #29

I have some sample clamps ordered from Norma. They should be here in a few days....I'll keep everyone posted on them when I get them assembled and detailed.

Also, lets keep the discussion open concerning the clamps even having a bolt at all. I think this is definately worth talking about, especially if we can get those new pics....

Thanks
    Rob
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jan 13, 2004, 11:22 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #30

DL44 Blaster wrote:

mid last year "steveday" and a bunch of us poured over pics and he had some photo enhancing/helping software that really gave alot more to the pics.Alas it's been at least six month's and I've been so far out of the loop,I couldn't remember what the consensus was if my life depended on it.I might have saved the pics.I'll look and see what I can see.

Steve
    I just found this thread - it's been such a long time since I found a good one to contribute in.

Last year I found a pair of stainless steel clamps that were apparently from a Cessna aircraft, but after contacting an enthusiasts group, they could not verify the source.

Anyway, the clamps (pictured below), are the type I believe were used on the front of the barrel and possibly on the rear as well - though the rear clamp also looks like a "crimp type" clamp, which has been crimped with pliers rather than the special tool.

At some time I'm going to run the new images through some Photoshop filters and see if I can get any clearer information from them - at the moment I'm building a nice solid workbench to make props on

Steve
  6. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 14, 2004, 6:31 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #31

Great!!! What is the width of your clamps?? I've been doing some rough scaling and it appears the Fett clamps are around 18mm....

Thanks
    Rob
    Jan 14, 2004, 2:48 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #32

Steve,
    I found some of the "old" pics that were filtered in our old thread last year.I usually save everything that is good for building reference.If you'd like I can email 'em to you to make some comparisons.

Steve
  8. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 14, 2004, 6:58 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #33

Sure, I'd love to see some extra pics. Anything to try to get this as accurate as possible.

Thanks
    Rob
    Jan 15, 2004, 1:17 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #34

kick ass job on the ESB blaster. Lokks great, I'm doing something similiar, I don't have the cash right now for a nice and neat kit like everyone else. What I'm working on is more of a custome EE-3 modeled after the ESB rifle, keep up the great work, I'm impressed!
    Jan 15, 2004, 1:55 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #35

I suck at posting pics as I've never been able to do it right Could I email 'em to someone to post ?

Steve
    Jan 15, 2004, 3:10 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #36

DL44 Blaster wrote:

I suck at posting pics as I've never been able to do it right Could I email 'em to someone to post ?

Steve
    E-mail away man! nosfermattu@comcast.net
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 15, 2004, 11:01 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #37

POST THOSE PICS!!!!
    Jan 15, 2004, 11:54 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #38

....Please....
    Jan 17, 2004, 12:07 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #39

15. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 17, 2004, 9:24 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #40

Still have not gotten my clamps from Norma yet, but I have been getting questions on the scope rail I used as well as the clamp covers.

I got my clamp covers from Home Depot, but I cannot find them on their online catalog. So I am including a website of a manufacturer that has them. I believe they were either 3/8 or 1/2" diameter, so pic both up since they are cheap. Again, I didn't use any heat on these!!

The scope rail I used was the flat dovetail stock, part number 080-032-120. Good luck!!

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/sto...AIL+SCOPE+BASE

http://www.cabletiesplus.com/tubing.cfm?referrer=google
  16. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 17, 2004, 9:27 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #41

As far as the pics go, those were the same ones that were on the other thread (referenced earlier on this one). I'm still stumped on those pics as far as the clamps go....anyone?
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jan 17, 2004, 3:02 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #42

Just to note: the clamps I found did not open to the correct diamete - too large for the front and too small for the rear.

The band on them is 19.25mm wide and 1.3mm thick.

The tightest they'll close to is around 40mm or so in diameter.

Steve
    Jan 18, 2004, 1:50 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #43

Wow! Been outa "online time" for awhile! This is great!! Great job everyone!! Wooo-Hooo! ESB Clamps!!!

I'm sure in for any bulk order, small order, medium order!!

-Rex
    Jan 18, 2004, 1:05 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #44

bobasfett,I agree with your thinking a tall dovetail mount would be more accurate.I did numerous searches on Brownells,but came up with so many entries that I got tired of looking.Did,or do you have a specific part number for the tall mount?

Steve
  20. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 18, 2004, 1:52 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #45

Nope...none. I looked at a few of those pics again, and I'm not really sure about it being a tall mount or not....it looks like it may be an optical allusion, based on where the scope clamps to the rail. I'm still searching for it though.....of course I will post a link should I find it.
  21. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 19, 2004, 6:50 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #46

Okay guys....got the Norma clamps in and well, they are just too big for our project. I think if we could have found them with a thinner band and smaller bolt, it would have made a difference. Oh well....I'll try to post some pics by tomorrow. Onward with the clamp search!!!!
    Jan 19, 2004, 7:45 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #47

AAARRGGHH.....And I had my hopes up so high for a real close clamp this time

Oh well,the search goes on.

Steve
  23. Duh
    Jan 21, 2004, 7:15 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #48

Those pics are very helpful. Thank you for posting them. What brand are the scope rings? Are they the original rings that came with the scope? If so what scope are you using.

Thanks for the help, your input is appreciated.

Duh!
    Jan 21, 2004, 7:45 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #49

These are an old pair of Studebaker clamps that I always thought looked decent. To bad they are to damn big...

25. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 24, 2004, 7:41 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Fett blaster question.... #50

Those are the kind I was hoping these Morma clamps would be. As promised, here are some pics painted up. They are a little wide I think and just too bulky. I pretty much get a band width of about 18mm when scaling and these are 20mm. Anyway, here they are.....