Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Official ROTJ Blaster Thread

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Re: ROTJ stock plates?

I am modifying the one that I posted above and am finishing up the second piece. I should be done by this weekend and will post pics. After, I post pics, if anyone is interested in a cast piece, I would be happy to talk to them. Look this weekend for the pics, until then, the work-in-progress is a couple of post above.

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Re: What is that barrel tip?

Hey I work at Home Depot so as I walk around I always have my fett parts in mind.......I used a rubber piece that goes on the bottom or chair legs and I think it look pretty good.

Jay

Migrate from As You Wish

Here is mine:

Can't tell you how I made it (you'd laugh too hard), but I do have a mold of it. If you PM me I'll tell you more...!

Migrate from As You Wish

My solution to the tip dilemma was solved while drinking a Coke! I noticed that the bottle where it tapers up to the opening was the perfect shape. So after some cutting, gluing, and some epoxy work it looks pretty much dead on. Cheap solution and easy to find!

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: What is that barrel tip?

Does anybody know what that tip is to the barrel?

Migrate from As You Wish

Thank you!!!!! I was wondering the same damned thing!

Well... on the ESB version, it's a part of a Graflex flash but the ROTJ version is driving me NUTS! I walked around Home Depot TWICE looking for something that would work. STILL NOTHING comes close!

Migrate from As You Wish

One small correction. The barrel on the ESB is an MPP Microflash manufactured by Micro Precision Products of England.

Migrate from As You Wish

My final solution for the gun tip was the clear plastic measuring cup covers from cough medicine! It may not be exact, but its damned close! I just drilled a hole in the bottom of it and glued it on.

Bob-A-Fett
    BH-1171
    NEG Webmaster
    www.501neg.com

Migrate from As You Wish

Hmmm, maybe if it was put on a large washer. I thought it was some type of cover to a shower handle. I don't know and it's driving me crazy.

Migrate from As You Wish

Here is the pic of my resin copy of the 1.99 tiny flower pot. I could have made the hole larger and will fix that on my next gun but I think the shape worked well.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lafonj/Gun_4_5.jpg

Migrate from As You Wish

I was in a surplus shop today and found these little nesting steel shot glasses. They look the same size and shape as the ROTJ blaster tip. I got a set of 4 for $10.00. I found a web sight that sells them. It also gives thier dimentions as 2 in wide by 1 and 1/2 in high. If you cut the bottom off and glued in a peice of steel, or aluninum tubing, to make it look like a heavier peice, I think it would be damn close to the real thing. If you look around you can probobly find them, like mine, without a logo.
    What do you think Fett fans.

http://www.smithandwesson.com/cups.htm

Migrate from As You Wish

HA! Those ARE damned close!!

Migrate from As You Wish

I just chopped up a funnel from an auto parts store. I'm pretty sure that this is not what ILM used, but it worked for me and superglued right on. Cost: about one dollar.

Migrate from As You Wish

Ah, For some reason I can't get metal out of my head. A plastic funnel would have been a lot cheaper. Next time I will try to think softer....he he, but I still like my metal parts...oooh ya, I like my metal parts. :evil
    Cheers,
    ST

Migrate from As You Wish

Hey guys, I was in Hobby Lobby and saw a small wood flower pot. It works great for the nozzle. I had to sand down the rim to fit my barrel of 1 1/2" inside diameter. With a little epoxy to smooth it out and some paint I think it will work great and it was only $1.00. Here is a link.

http://catalog.craftsetc.com/viewPro...item_id=380909

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: wiper blades

Where did all you guys get the wiper blades for you rifles? I haven't been able to find any that match for my ROTJ rifle.

Migrate from As You Wish

Merged: Re: wiper blades

PM sent!

Migrate from As You Wish

You can find replacement blades and wipers in the automotive section of wal-mart. Usually run $2-3 each.

Phil

Migrate from As You Wish

Which brand or style best fit the gun?

Migrate from As You Wish

seemed like the cheapest ones there did the trick just fine. Of course I'm talking about using them for an e-11 trooper rifle. If we're talking for fett I don't know. The wiper blades should be relatively universal and work equally well.

Phil

Migrate from As You Wish

Can someone who used wiper blades post some pics of their gun? All the ones I have seen look a little small and I am curious how they look on the blaster. Thanks!

***I got my ribs off a prop dealer and think they look great, just curious how the wipper method compairs, I haven't found any wipers the same size.

Migrate from As You Wish

I have read that the blade are possible off a British tank or armored vehicle. I don't know which or if that info is correct.

Migrate from As You Wish

I thought it was documented that the wiper blades on the ROTJ Fett blaster are the same as the wiper blades used on several of the earlier lightsabers, and that they are wiper blades for an Austin Mini.

If so, with the resurgence of the Mini's popularity it seems like it would be easy to locate a auto parts dealer that speacializes in Minis (in the U.S. or abroad) that sells OEM wiper blades. They would be more than the generic ones at WalMart, but then again, they'd be *correct*. Just depends on how obsessed/anal you are about that sort of thing.

Migrate from As You Wish

Do you know what year Austin Mini it was?

Migrate from As You Wish

Well, it would most likely be in the 1968-1976 range of Minis, but it's not critical since all of the Mini/Mini Cooper parts from those years are interchangeable (kind of like the old VW Beetles).

Most likely, you're looking for Anco wiper blade refills, Part # 12-12. These are replacement blades for the Minis.

Try searching for wiper refills for a 1968 Austin Mini Cooper here:

http://www.autobarn.com/parts_lookup.htm

Good luck!