Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Aug 4, 2004, 9:11 PM - Merged: Re: My ROTJ Jetpack Paint Pics #176

So I suppose that my Jet Pack is decent or really horrible, since no one is giving me feedback.
    Aug 13, 2004, 1:31 AM - *******OFFICIAL*****Painting Your Jet Pack #177

I have started on my jet pack but still have a lot of work to do on it. I have a few questions for the board.
    1.) Should the jet pack be primered?
    2.) What order in colors should be applied?
    3.) should all the little parts be attached first or after the paint job is done? I assume some like to canister tops should go one first?
    4.) how do I get a harness system attached inside the jet pack so I can attach a backplate before painting?
    5.) Some people have a removable rocket. How do you attach it so it can be removed?

3. Member Since
    Mar 2004
    Aug 13, 2004, 12:16 PM - Re: What Colors to do first? Primer? #178

I have a very simalr jet pack to yours. First I would glue it all together first. There is going to be alot of sanding because you want to try to make it look like there are no seams. Then you will wan to build your inner structure, I used a wood inner structure, I screwd it in where the caps are, then I glued the caps on so that you could not see the screws. Then you want to attach what ever type of straps you want to use. Then attach the back plate. I glued and screwed mine on. Then I gave it a good sand and then I primered it. After that I painted it silver so that I had a nice silver undercoat for the weathering. The first color I started out with was blue, then yellow, white and then red. Do keep in mind, tapeing it up takes alot of time, so do not get frustrated. Then after I painted everything up, I weather it by sanding off the regular paint. I also used a screw driver to chip off the paint. Then after that was done I used some silver ang grey model paint to weather it more. I can get some pics of my finished pack up soon if you want. I did post some almost finished pics earlier. But my pack looks alot better now than it did in those pics. When you put your pack together you will get frustraited, but it is worth it in the end.
    Dec 16, 2004, 11:23 PM - Re: <B>Merged:</B> Completed MLC Jango jetpack! #179

So what about the rest of the pack like the rocket?

SEEKER wrote:

Thanks fellas. I'm finally completed with my Jango. Now onto my Santrooper. Mr.Fett I have something for you man

Ok guys here are the colors i used.

<image src=http://www.r2ro.com/images/newjangojet packcolors.jpg>