Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Apr 7, 2004, 1:42 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #26

Thanks!

Yep! 3D Max 4... I still haven't figured out all the ins and outs of it. I had an older version of it, 1.2, that I really liked, but I coudln't get it to run under Win 2000 correctly.

What is XSI?

Bad news is I did not have time to work on the model any last night, but I will tonight.

Good news is I got my the white stiching on my ammo packs last night - AND I SEWWED THEM MYSELF!

Apr 8, 2004, 12:52 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #27

OK...updated it best I can without a few more shots.

SIDE

BOTTOM

BUSINESS END OF IT...

Opinions? More screen shots would be nice...

Apr 8, 2004, 10:25 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #28

Wow that looks cool. The only thing I can see is it looks like there is a ittle moer detail behing the midpoint of teh orange(?) aera of teh gun. Other than that I see nothing wrong with it. Excellent work!

Edit:
    I modeled and rendered my own version to show you what I mean. I used blender 2.23. Here are some pics:

an angle view:

side view:

and a close up:

PS. don't mind the stock this was just a quick model to show you the detail I was trying to point out. What do you think otherwise?

Apr 8, 2004, 10:51 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #29

That looks good! I omitted those little pieces in the back because I thought SOMEONE (and I won't use any names) was going to get a few more screen grabs for us. If we had a couple of side shots we could get a better idea of how the back ties into the front...

Apr 19, 2004, 11:10 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #30

BB - can you get a few more grabs of this rifle?

Apr 20, 2004, 2:49 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #31

Softimage|XSI is the best (by far) 3D app available to date IMHO. It's used by top notch studios for movies, games etc...
    Version 4.0 was just announced!! woohoo
    www.softimage.com

About the model....in order to see some more details, I'd definitely recommend turning down the speculars (shinyness) of the whole thing.

Bobo

Forced Trekker wrote:

Thanks!

Yep! 3D Max 4... I still haven't figured out all the ins and outs of it. I had an older version of it, 1.2, that I really liked, but I coudln't get it to run under Win 2000 correctly.

What is XSI?

Bad news is I did not have time to work on the model any last night, but I will tonight.

Good news is I got my the white stiching on my ammo packs last night - AND I SEWWED THEM MYSELF!

7. sarlac_snack
    Nov 17, 2004, 5:58 PM - Re: Official Holiday Special Deadly Tuning Fork Weapon #32

The quality is terrible, but it may help:

Nov 30, 2006, 5:40 AM - Re: Official Holiday Special Deadly Tuning Fork Weapon #33

i did a little reading about the holiday special boba, and if anyone wanted to do a screen accurate animated fett they'd have to be a shop teacher. boba was only rocking 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand. i find humor in there somewhere
    Dec 14, 2006, 1:37 PM - Re: Official Holiday Special Deadly Tuning Fork Weapon #34

I actually have made this particular devise. and will try to post my pictures within the next few days. I am new to the dented helmet, and am very young I starter my costume my senior year in high school I was 18 I am now 19 and in college. I had originally built the ESB version of fett. but have resently converted to the pre pro fett. The staff was actually the first thing I built. I made the staff out of PVC pipe and staralite trash cans plus other random gagits and gizmoes to add more dimension. I'll be shure to post my progress ASAP
    Sep 1, 2007, 10:48 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #35

Quote T-Bone said: View Post
    Not to hijack a thread, but are you doing a THS Fett costume?

I was painting a few pieces of my costume the other night, layering the paint. I had painted the cod piece yellow, over the chrome, and I kinda liked it that yellow color.

Hmmm...
    Forgive my ignorance but what IS THS?
    Sep 20, 2007, 12:16 PM - Re: Official Holiday Special Deadly Tuning Fork Weapon #36

Here is something quite interesting.

Nevermind. Its been posted
    Oct 16, 2007, 3:56 PM - Re: Official Holiday Special Deadly Tuning Fork Weapon #37

did u figure out about that figure right now its been ou in stores for a month or 2 now almost bought one but wanted the fx saber more
    Oct 16, 2007, 3:57 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #38

ths means the holiday specal ok i now that word isnt spelt right