Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Dec 4, 2002, 6:03 AM - Merged: Staff Weapon? #1

Can't remember where I saw it, and I've looked through the archives here, but I've seen reference to some sort of staff weapon carried by Fett. Wherever it was that I first saw the posting had a good point about using this in place of a "gun-type" weapon for public appearances where the folks in charge would have you leave the Blastech in the car. ...Any info on this thing? It has kind of a pitchfork appearance to it if I remember correctly. Has anyone made one yet? Thanks in advance.
  2. Ego
    Dec 4, 2002, 9:36 AM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #2

I seem to remember hearing of someone who made one, but I haven't personally seen it with my own eyes.

The staff weapon looks like a two pronged pitchfork and it's from the cartoon Fett's appearance from that wonderful piece of television known as the SW Holiday special!

Hope that helps a bit. There are pics and screencaps of the cartoon weapon on the Ref CD.

Jer

MegalomaniacalMandalore wrote:

Can't remember where I saw it, and I've looked through the archives here, but I've seen reference to some sort of staff weapon carried by Fett. Wherever it was that I first saw the posting had a good point about using this in place of a "gun-type" weapon for public appearances where the folks in charge would have you leave the Blastech in the car. ...Any info on this thing? It has kind of a pitchfork appearance to it if I remember correctly. Has anyone made one yet? Thanks in advance.
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2002
    Jan 29, 2003, 12:32 PM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #3

If you didnt find the site I think this is what your looking for:

http://www.bradleyfett.com/accessories.htm

4. Jan 29, 2003, 12:39 PM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #4

.tteF aboB ,tola sknahT .ti s'tahT
    Jan 29, 2003, 2:47 PM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #5

If you go with the space pitchfork, just keep your points blunt or it's not gonna be any easier to get it by than if you were carrying a blaster.
  6. Ego
    Jan 29, 2003, 3:13 PM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #6

The original is blunt too in all the pictures I've seen from the special anyway . . . want to keep it cartoon accurate!
    Jan 29, 2003, 3:22 PM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #7

8. Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Feb 21, 2003, 7:28 AM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #8

If you have SW Episode 2, go to disc 2, and look for the title bucket head in the documenteries, I think. It shows a little bit of the cartoon and the fork kinda makes a shock of electricity or something.
    Steve
  9. FemmeFettale
    Mar 22, 2003, 3:00 AM - Merged: Re: Staff Weapon? #9

<font color="3333FF">Hey, cool! 8) That BobaFettMP site is partially run by Britt, the Orange County CA Fan Force photographer! I know him, and he's a cool guy, but I digress.......

<font color="990066">Okay, I have to ask this. When are you going to start on this project? I know you've been working on your Tusken Raider. I look forward to seeing your interpretation of this, too, like I now look forward to all your projects.

10. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Mar 24, 2004, 3:00 PM - Official Holiday Special Deadly Tuning Fork Weapon #10

You know, the "tuning fork"-looking thing? Anyone ever made one or have good shots of it?

thanks,
    Wayne
    Mar 24, 2004, 4:45 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #11

You mean that thing from the holiday special?
  12. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Mar 24, 2004, 8:33 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #12

krillindb wrote:

You mean that thing from the holiday special?
    Yep. Sick, ain't it?

Wayne
    Mar 26, 2004, 10:05 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #13

I don't know if this'll help ya out (it should), but I've got the whole holiday special for download at my site here:

SW Holiday Special in ASF Format!

Cheers!
    Bartek
  14. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Mar 26, 2004, 10:30 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #14

Well, I have it on DVD. I just can't do screengrabs.

Thanks, though!
    Wayne
    Mar 26, 2004, 10:41 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #15

Hmm, I'll try and grab something for ya later on. It would definitely be sick if you made one of these babies tho!
    Mar 26, 2004, 2:04 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #16

Not to hijack a thread, but are you doing a THS Fett costume?

I was painting a few pieces of my costume the other night, layering the paint. I had painted the cod piece yellow, over the chrome, and I kinda liked it that yellow color.

Hmmm...

17. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Mar 26, 2004, 2:51 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #17

Forced Trekker wrote:

Not to hijack a thread, but are you doing a THS Fett costume?
    That's the plan.

Wayne
    Mar 30, 2004, 11:51 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #18

Sweet! Got anything painted yet? Any progress pics? Enquiring minds wanna know.

19. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Apr 1, 2004, 9:25 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #19

Forced Trekker wrote:

Sweet! Got anything painted yet? Any progress pics? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Not, yet. I've got an extra jet pack, but it's still in pieces. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it, so there's lots of filling and sanding to be done before putting it all together.

The THS Fett had no pockets on his pantlegs, so a simple white coverall should work pretty well. PLain white gloves, as well. The leg armor is the same, so I can use my ROTJ armor for that. The boots are much taller in THS, but I'll juts use my Cheng boots, anyway.

The chest and should armor is considerably different, so I'll need to sculpt those from scratch, as well as the gauntlets, which are much plainer than the "real" Fett had. And I'll make up another, simpler set of wookie braids. The cape should be easy, as well.

No horse girth belt, no side pouches, no ammo belt. Just a sidearm pistol.

Finally, I'm looking for a cheap DP helmet or DP re-cast to use to cap off my THS Fett costume.
    Apr 3, 2004, 6:19 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #20

PropReplicator wrote:

Finally, I'm looking for a cheap DP helmet or DP re-cast to use to cap off my THS Fett costume.
    I know this would be a neat suit, but I'm like you...I'd hate to paint a "good" helmet all blue

Apr 4, 2004, 11:48 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #21

I wish I could get a very GOOD copy of this cartoon. It is such a horrible copy, and the ones I have aren't any better. I couldn't get any screen caps, but here is my interpetation of it:

SIDE

BOTTOM

BUSINESS END OF IT...

Opinions?

22. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 5, 2004, 12:59 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #22

I think it looks pretty good but I think it is a bit more stafflike than gunlike and does not have the pistol grip. I think the tuning fork end needs to be revisited as well. Still, overall it looks very nice.
  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 5, 2004, 1:07 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #23

Apr 5, 2004, 1:40 PM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #24

That's a good shot! I tried grabbing it 2 or 3 times, but may software just wouldn't work.

If you look at the scene right before they begin heading to the Falcon, he holds it up sideways and it appeared to have a pistol grip on it.

BB - see if you can get a grab there, and add the changes to the model from the one before...progress...

edit - didn't get to work on it last night but I will tonight.

Apr 6, 2004, 10:21 AM - Re: Are there any good screengrabs of the THS Fett rifle? #25

Spiffy render man!
    What software is that, Max?

I use XSI

Bobo