Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Oct 4, 2002, 10:17 PM - Merged: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #1

Hey, Thanks to help from lonepigeon's awesome webpage The Parts of Star Wars, I was able to find a greeble for the ESB Rifle.

I picked up the Revell Visable V8 Kit on ebay for $9.99
    That was a great deal considering I see them go from $45 to $65. Here is a pic

It also has a ROTJ stock plate among a ton of other Star Wars items, http://www.partsofsw.com/v8parts.htm

Here is a pic of it:
    Oct 5, 2002, 5:53 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #2

Wow, cool Spidey!!!!! Will be in touch...
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Oct 5, 2002, 5:37 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #3

cool!!!???

where does the connecting rod go to?...is that the stock detail?
    Oct 5, 2002, 8:52 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #4

You can barely make it out here in this pic. I can't find any better pics right now so if anyone has any clearer pics, please post.

Oct 6, 2002, 12:56 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #5

You can see it pretty well in this pic:

6. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Oct 6, 2002, 2:45 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #6

ohhhhhh......i see it now.you guys are good.i never even noticed that before.i need to turn the brighness up on my computer...LOL.
  7. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Oct 10, 2002, 8:03 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #7

Heh heh. Got the ESB rear chamber detail pieces as well as 4 of the 6 ESB stock plates and hopefullt have 1 of the small RotJ plates on the way. If anyone has one of the small RotJ stock plates listed above, please let me know! I need it!

BTW, not to try to steal this thread, but is there any interest in cast copies of the 4 ESB stock plates? They are the same pieces that are found on the neck of the Vader reveal. If there is deman and I can find a reliable source to cast them, I will be glad to make these available.
  8. Ego
    Oct 10, 2002, 8:55 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #8

Well, I'm not even close to being ready to do an ESB Blaster, but, as someone said to me the other day (and I paraphrase): You can't wait until you're ready to get the best parts, you have to get them when they're available.

Put me down BB!

Jer
    Oct 10, 2002, 6:05 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #9

I don't need any of those ESB stock plates, but I'd like to have some of those connecting rods from the Revell kit that Spidey found.

Any chance those could be cast and offered?
    Oct 10, 2002, 6:33 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #10

I never cease to be amazed at the resourcefulness of the TDHer's!!!!

Well done Spidey and BB!!

Oct 16, 2002, 7:15 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #11

Braks I thought there were only 4 of the split plugs on the stock?? Two on each side,and a mystery plate in the middle of the split plug connectors.Help

Steve
    Oct 16, 2002, 7:48 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster Greeble Found #12

Hammerhead wrote:I don't need any of those ESB stock plates, but I'd like to have some of those connecting rods from the Revell kit that Spidey found.

Any chance those could be cast and offered?
    I have a mold of the connecting rods so I can make castings available to anyone who wants them. It's just a single sided mold so the back side would be flat. If anyone wants some resin copies just PM me.

13. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jan 30, 2003, 4:01 AM - Merged: ESB blaster stock plates? #13

Does anyone know what these are? I cant seem to find a good pic showing this detail.
    If anybody would know or can show a close-up pic - I'll surely appreciate it!

Thanks!

Mardon

Jan 30, 2003, 6:57 AM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #14

Hey Mlcallanta,

Are you talking about these:

Hope this helps...

Stay safe.

Tim.
    Jan 30, 2003, 10:36 AM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #15

They are electrical cord plugs from the UK. I'm trying to find the pic that shows them on the Vader reveal neck (they were used there too). Maybe someone else will chime in with a pic/more info.
    Jan 30, 2003, 10:40 AM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #16

MaxPlague, do you mean these pics?

17. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jan 30, 2003, 11:32 AM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #17

what do you need (besides a time machine)to find these things?
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jan 30, 2003, 12:46 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #18

What the...???
    Now where could I get those? UK?

How about the middle (square) stock plate? From what contraption did they get this piece now?

Mardon
  19. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jan 30, 2003, 3:39 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #19

MaxPlague wrote:

They are electrical cord plugs from the UK. I'm trying to find the pic that shows them on the Vader reveal neck (they were used there too). Maybe someone else will chime in with a pic/more info.
    I'm from the UK originally, and I've never seen any electrical plugs like that there before.

I was born in the early 70's and right from a little boy I went to work with my father who was an electrician. As long back as I can remember, they've been the 3 rectangular pin type plugs, which don't look anything like the ones pictured.

Either they're a really old type (ie: probably outdated in the 50's) or they're a European plug.

Steve
    Jan 30, 2003, 4:25 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #20

Ooops, might not be UK specific plugs, but I do recall them being European...sorry for the confusion. They are opened in half and laid flat on the stock. They are quite old and were once found at a TV or radio repair shop if memory serves. I might be able to get a pic of one and post it later this evening.

The middle piece remains a mystery and has been rumored as possibly an old math co-processor or perhaps part of a model ship deck.
  21. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jan 30, 2003, 9:33 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #21

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!
    I guess those have to be scratch-built.

Mardon
    Jan 30, 2003, 9:39 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #22

Hey Mardon,

Glad to help [posting the pics anyways...LOL]!

Good luck and hey, you got mail!

Stay safe.

Tim.
    Feb 14, 2003, 6:23 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock plates? #23

I thought the mods or somebody would have posted this by now. Also check the link to the RPF archive thread within this link.

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=1463&forum=5
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Feb 26, 2003, 6:17 PM - Merged: ESB Blaster blocks ...Information to Archive #24

<div style="background-color: #CC0000; width: 100%; padding:4px 4px 4px 4px; line-height: 1.1em; border: 3px double White; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; padding-right: 4px; padding-top: 4px;"><font color="#ffff66">[01/13/04] <font color="#ffffff">All sets of the ESB Fett connector blocks have now been sold. Unless a large order comes in, I won't be getting any more of them. The following information should be retained for the Fett prop data archive, or anyone else wishing to purchase some.</div>

<font color="#ff0000">UPDATE: Monday 7th April, 2003

The box of connector blocks have arrived from Italy and are now available for sale in the TDH Cargo Hold forum: (Click on the following link)

FS: Boba Fett ESB Blaster Blocks (original items)

Steve

<hr>
    <font color="#ff0000">UPDATE: Saturday 22nd March, 2003

Okay, just a quicky.

When I said that the pin numbering was different, I'm very pleased to say I was wrong. After looking more closely at DrMaul's reference image of the block on the Hoth Rebel Blaster, the pin numbering is identical - the amount of paint on top of the blaster was throwing me off.

These connectors are 100% identical to the original used parts!

Steve

PS: I'm managing to perch on the edge of my chair tonight, butt (pun intended) couldn't sit at all yesterday. Driving is still a few days off.

<hr>
    <font color="#ff0000">UPDATE: Thursday 20th March, 2003

I found a broker today and gave him all the information - he'll be sending the wire transfer first thing tomorrow morning.

I won't be around for a few days, as I'm having some surgery tomorrow to remove an abcess near my tail bone. If it's as deep as I think it is, I'll have an open wound (packed with gauze) and won't be able to drive or sit on the computer for a while afterwards.

Hopefully I'll be back on my butt by the time the connectors arrive, so I can work out the final price and ship them out to everyone.

Steve
    <hr>
    <font color="#ff0000">UPDATE: Thursday 13th March, 2003

I got a good quote back from a company in Italy, but they want an international money transfer into their bank, so I'm now waiting for a quote from a contact in the UK.

I'll give the UK a few more days, otherwise I'll get them from Italy.

Has anyone had experience doing international money transfers into European banks before?

Steve

<hr>
    <font color="#ff0000">UPDATE: Tuesday 4th March, 2003

I'm having problems getting hold of these connectors as they are not available in the US without a special order.

They are manufactured by the European division of Tyco Electronics/AMP and are made for that market (which makes sense, as the Star Wars props were built in England).

My regular supplier, who is a major distributor of Tyco/AMP products has quoted me a minimum order of 1000x items - which is crazy, since so far only around 250x are required. If this is the only route available, then the cost would rise to &#36;15 per set, otherwise I'd be making a high loss.

At the moment, I am contacting European electronics suppliers to see about ordering 300x from abroad and having them imported into the US.

It appears that the cost of each connector is likely to increase, depending on the supplied quote and import duties. I have no idea of this increase yet, but I'm doing everything I can to keep it as low as possible.

Steve

<hr>
    ESB Blaster blocks... <font color="#ff0000">Identified. (NOT A MOLEX 42022-6)

This is an interest thread that Ob1Kenny of the RPF suggested I start.

I've been searching for various Star Wars prop parts for the past few months and have managed to find a much better match for the electrical connectors that were used on the sides of Boba Fett's ESB blaster (4 x were fitted to the scope mounts).

Previously, the best that could be found was a Molex #42022-6, but the Molex is quite different. The new connector is virtually identical when compared to Lonepigeon's measurements - it even has the correct latching tabs.

<A HREF="http://ecommas.tycoelectronics.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=showdoc&DocId=Customer+Drawin g%7F163035%7FB%7Fpdf%7FEnglish%7FENG_CD_163035_B.p df" TARGET="_blank">Click on the image to view the original PDF drawing...

</A>

The connector is an AMP .200" Commercial MATE-N-LOK 6 way pin-housing with a latch locking mechanism. AMP part# 1-163035-0.

Compared to Lonepigeon's (RPF again) measurements, this connector is within 0.045" on the length, and within 0.02" (at the most) on the other dimensions.

The only difference I can see is that pins 1-3 are in the opposite order, while pins 4-6 are the same. This may be a change that was made to the product over the years.

Sadly, it's only available in the "natural" (whiteish) color, instead of black, so they will need to be painted.

Now, I'm about to place an order for some electronic parts that I need and Kenny suggested that if there was enough interest I should place a bulk order and sell them to members of the RPF.

I need to get an idea of how many I should order - 100x is the minimum for a discount, with 500x being the next discount level up.

I guess people can paint them themselves, but if you'd like me to paint them then say so.

So - who is interested for 4x connectors or more ?
    (This is not the actual selling list, but just an idea of how many I need to order).

Does &#36;5 for a set of 4x, including first class S&H sound reasonable? <font color="#ff0000">Final price pending. See above updates.

Best wishes
    Steve
    Feb 26, 2003, 6:24 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Blaster blocks ...Interest thread. #25

sounds awesome......keep us posted.