Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 3, 2003, 11:23 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #51

Bobo wrote:

I can't find a heiland on Ebay for my ESB blaster
    So I'm just gonna get a chrome tube and drill some holes in the end.
    All I need to know is the thickness of the tube, and most importantly the outside diameter...can anyone help? Spidey?

Bobo
    Bobo, I don't have a Heiland, but an MPP flash replica, which I took measurements from...if that'll help ya'. Although, I think it might be a good idea to take down a good average for these measurements as this is only a replica and not the real deal, (if you can get two or three other members to chime in on this matter).
    Anyway, I came up with <font color="#00FF00">4 & 3/4" for the outside circumference, <font color="#00FF00">1 & 7/16" for the diameter (going across the mouth of the tube from outside edge to outside edge), and the thickness of the metal itself measures in at only <font color="#00FF00">1/32". This might be all you need, but hopefully others will add their two cents to this.
    Otherwise, it looks like,..ask for The Spider, and you get .....The Nerf!
    Jul 10, 2003, 7:43 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #52

Be careful on drilling the chrome tube. Wrap something around it as you put it in the vise.

When drilling chrome stuff, it has a tendency to start chipping away from the hole, around the hole, etc.

It's difficult, but you might want to try scoring the outline of the hole you want to drill - first, to try and avoid this.

Good luck!

3. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Jul 15, 2003, 10:15 PM - Merged: Re: ESB blaster stock connection #53

Hand-Schaub wrote:

I can cast a bronze bracket if your hand-made one is less than you expect
    thanks!
    Oct 1, 2004, 3:48 PM - Merged: heiland flash help? #54

Anyone know were i can buy a heilend flash for the esb rifle?
    I cant find one anywhere.
    PLZ help...
    Oct 1, 2004, 4:23 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #55

I know there is a thread out there that has a pattern of where the holes are. You just take the paper, wrap it around a sink drain and cut it out with a dremel. I just have to go find it.
    I'll shall return.
    Oct 1, 2004, 4:28 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #56

Ok, good news. I found it. But the bad news. The pics don't work.

http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=6479&forum=5
    Oct 1, 2004, 5:17 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #57

oh well thanks anyway.
  8. Oct 1, 2004, 11:03 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #58

This is a different version (IIRC) I got a while back. I can't remember who made it otherwise I'd give credit for it. All I can say is I didn't make it.

Sorry I don't have the printing resolution for it, but a little trial and error'll get you there.
    Oct 2, 2004, 4:01 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #59

ebay can be your fastest way of snagging one. You might wind up paying more than you want,but you'll have one

BTW,the flash tube used was actually an MPP,and there are some nice replicas out there of these,but original Heilands are more abundant and MUCH cheaper for the same effect
    Oct 6, 2004, 12:08 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #60

I have the ok to post this form the owner. This might help some.

http://www.geocities.com/mhtaylor67/...d/vaderanh.gif

I thought a template would be easy to make from this. But my opinion.

Oct 7, 2004, 11:32 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #61

the tubes are practicly identical, the heiland does have the name engraved on it but hey, your fett, your not supposed to let anyone get that close to you ;b

DL44 Blaster wrote:

ebay can be your fastest way of snagging one. You might wind up paying more than you want,but you'll have one

BTW,the flash tube used was actually an MPP,and there are some nice replicas out there of these,but original Heilands are more abundant and MUCH cheaper for the same effect
  12. texasfett
    Nov 2, 2004, 3:49 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #62

heres a link to a guy near me who sells the flashes, they cost around 50.00

http://www.blast-tech.com/products_cameraParts.asp
  13. Nov 2, 2004, 4:31 PM - Merged: Re: heiland flash help? #63

hmm, I didn't realize that John carried the flashes too.

I used a H 3 cell, with the square ports and used a needle file to round them out. IMO, it's a little more accurate than using a Synchronar since it has the ports on 3 sides and doesn't have the writing all over it.
  14. Admin Staff obi sean kenobi's Avatar
    Nov 14, 2004, 7:40 PM - Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #64

===
    Nov 23, 2004, 3:16 PM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #65

I contacted John and he said that he doesnt sell the flash tubes.

in a vain effort to find people selling flashes online I came across a site where camra collectors started a whole forum about how apauled they were finding out people were taking these flash tubes and converting them into lightsabers and blaster pieces. they actualy had the words STARWARS censored on there site. i found it funny. crazy S.O.B's
    Last edited by BobaFettSlave_1; Feb 28, 2005 at 7:56 AM.
  16. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    May 21, 2005, 10:11 PM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #66

Haven't got the link here,but buy yourself a piece of chromed vacuum cleaner tube,a dremel,and look around the 'net for "heiland flash template by john myers".(not necessarily,in that order)

I'd post it here but he won't allow it,I think,from memory.

It's a template for the oval slots on the heiland.
    Print out at 6"x6",cut out the slots in the paper,wrap around the tube and dremel away.......
  17. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    May 22, 2005, 2:12 AM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #67

Working link to heiland template now in new 'heiland template thread'.
    May 22, 2005, 7:42 AM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #68

Quote fettsupplies said:
    Working link to heiland template now in new 'heiland template thread'.
    Why would you want to use a Heiland template, when it was an MPP tube?

IMO - It would be much easier to get a MPP template, buy a 1.5" chromed sink tube from a plumbing supply store, and cut your own tube with a dremel. I used my MR Vader saber to make my template.
    May 22, 2005, 3:40 PM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #69

Quote Forced Trekker said:
    Why would you want to use a Heiland template, when it was an MPP tube?
    MPP often used Heiland battery tubes in the production of their own flashguns. The pattern of the plugs are identical.
    May 23, 2005, 6:44 AM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #70

Heiland tubes have square holes and MPP are rounded. I do not think that all the holes are the same either, but to each their own.
    May 23, 2005, 8:12 AM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #71

Quote Forced Trekker said:
    Heiland tubes have square holes and MPP are rounded. I do not think that all the holes are the same either, but to each their own.
    other way around pal. *I my self am siting here fileing the round/ovil holes on my heiland into squares/rectangles like the MPP flash right now. my fingers hurt. . its actually very easy to make them rectangles.
    May 24, 2005, 3:57 PM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #72

Maybe someone can clear up some confusion for me. I have been researching the MPP and the Heiland Flash units. So far I have come up with Heiland units with both oval holes and rectangular holes, but only oval holes on the MPP.

The Heiland units with 6 rectangular holes have 2 small »1/16” on either side center below the rectangular hole »3/4” down the tube. Also on one side there are 2 hole »5/32” in dia adjacent to the two rectangular hole on one side. Finally there are the two holes for the flash activation button on the back of the unit.

The Heiland unit with the oval holes has 3 pairs of oval located at about 3, 6 and 9 o’clock and a 7th oval located adjacent to the two ovals hole on one side. Finally there are the two holes for the flash activation button on the back of the unit.

All of the MPP I have seem have 7 oval holes as well as smaller holes above and below the ovals on either side. The holes below are the rivet locations for the metal logo in addition to the two holes for the flash activation button on the back of the unit.

So which one was used on the ESB Blaster?

Alan
    May 24, 2005, 6:18 PM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #73

The MPP, same as Vader's saber.
    May 27, 2005, 6:20 AM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #74

my heiland only has 3 pairs of ovil holes. it doesnt have a 7th hole
    Quote wizardofflight said:
    Maybe someone can clear up some confusion for me. I have been researching the MPP and the Heiland Flash units. So far I have come up with Heiland units with both oval holes and rectangular holes, but only oval holes on the MPP.

The Heiland units with 6 rectangular holes have 2 small »1/16” on either side center below the rectangular hole »3/4” down the tube. Also on one side there are 2 hole »5/32” in dia adjacent to the two rectangular hole on one side. Finally there are the two holes for the flash activation button on the back of the unit.

The Heiland unit with the oval holes has 3 pairs of oval located at about 3, 6 and 9 o’clock and a 7th oval located adjacent to the two ovals hole on one side. Finally there are the two holes for the flash activation button on the back of the unit.

All of the MPP I have seem have 7 oval holes as well as smaller holes above and below the ovals on either side. The holes below are the rivet locations for the metal logo in addition to the two holes for the flash activation button on the back of the unit.

So which one was used on the ESB Blaster?

Alan
    May 27, 2005, 10:09 AM - Re: Official: ESB 'Flash Tube' Barrel Thread #75

Quote BobaFettSlave_1 said:
    my heiland only has 3 pairs of ovil holes. it doesnt have a 7th hole
    Well not entirely correct. Take a look at this thread I started, see Heiland Type 2.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=7725

I found a Heiland that has the 7th oval as well as one that has 6 rectangles and two holws in place of the 7th.

Nothing is ever easy, they like to keeping you guessing.

Alan
    Last edited by wizardofflight; May 27, 2005 at 11:59 AM.