Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. JPH712
    Jul 20, 2002, 6:32 PM - Merged: Barrel Extension template? #1

Does anyone have a template for the Heiland 2-cell barrel extension for the Fett ESB blaster? I've a friend with a milling machine, I just need a template for the barrel extension. Anyone?
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jul 20, 2002, 6:45 PM - Merged: Re: Barrel Extension template? #2

Me too, 'cept I'll settle for the length of the extension...

Thanks,
    Phil
  3. JPH712
    Jul 20, 2002, 11:26 PM - Merged: Re: Barrel Extension template? #3

I guess that would help me too., wouldn't it?
    Jul 20, 2002, 11:35 PM - Merged: Re: Barrel Extension template? #4

Not to split hairs, but wasn't it a MPP Microflash instead of a Heiland? (sorry. it's in my blood after reading so many threads!)

http://forum.thedentedhelmet.com/vie...ic=368&forum=5
    Jul 20, 2002, 11:56 PM - Merged: Re: Barrel Extension template? #5

There is actually a little debate over a Heiland vs an MPP. Some camps claim the barrel is an MPP, that includes the Parts of Star Wars. Other camps claim it is a Heiland, including a prop guy who is reknown for his research and knowledge of the ESB rifle.

I don't know jack about sabers, so I think those saber freaks would be better at indentifing a Heiland or an MPP.

May 1, 2003, 10:42 PM - Merged: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #6

I may be able to get my hands on a Heiland Sychronar flash. I was thinking that it might work for the barrel of the ESB Fett rifle.

Thoughts? Pros/Cons?
    May 1, 2003, 11:57 PM - Merged: Re: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #7

for those of us unfamiliar with this tube - do you have a pic available? It may be a good thing to know for many.
    May 2, 2003, 12:46 AM - Merged: Re: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #8

I think that was once thought of as what was actually used (before the mpp claim) so yeah, it'd work. That's all I can afford to use, so that's what mine will be.
    May 2, 2003, 8:36 AM - Merged: Re: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #9

OK, I know I took the cheap route but I used a chrome sink pipe for the barrel extension. I still need to cut the 4 little notches in it but that's just a matter of grabbing my dremel.

Doug
    May 3, 2003, 1:36 AM - Merged: Re: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #10

I'll see if I can dig up a pic. I don't actually have the thing yet.

I think that there is some issue with the cut-outs on the sides--the Heiland has rectangular-shaped cuts, the MPP has oval-shaped cuts. I think that the MPP is supposed to be more correct.

May 3, 2003, 6:29 AM - Merged: Re: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #11

IMO the MPP is what was used. Fett pics from the carbon chamber where he has the gun lowered, show off the oval ports in the MPP quite well. You can pick up a HK MPP quite readily from the RPF. -Mark

May 3, 2003, 1:38 PM - Merged: Re: Would a Heiland Synchronar work for the barrel of ESB rifle? #12

Yup, MPP no doubt. I know nothing about sabers, but I've heard the Heiland is a decent substitute if you are unable to acquire a MPP. However if you are going for accuracy, the MPP, or the HK MPP, is the way to go.

Jun 11, 2003, 5:23 PM - Merged: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #13

Okay, I'm a bit confused...

I just got my Heiland for my ESB blaster. I'm assuming I would

Remove the twist knob-
    Remove the other small knob thingie on the side...

Now what?

Paint it black and put it in the barrel?
    Leave some of it sticking out, showing the holes, and also the writing on the Heiland?

Looking forward to saying Thanks!

Jun 11, 2003, 5:56 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #14

Well, that blaster actually uses an MPP, but Heiland is all I can afford too I can't justify spending $800+ on that part (yet :evil).

Which Heiland are you using? I can't recall them having "knobs." But take them off anyway.

Don't paint it black...but give it enough weathering to look scorched with some shiny metal underneath. See below:
    Jun 11, 2003, 6:33 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #15

Thanks Max for the ref. pic.

The Heiland I got was said to be for ESB or Darth Vader's lightsaber.

There is a 10 sided "knob" on the bottom, that unscrews, like a flashlight.

On the opposite end, is a silver knurled knob ontop of a black plastic piece that is somewhat shaped like a triangle w/ curved instead of pointed ends.

Pulling this knob out doesn't really do anything, while pushing the inside of the "barrel" will cause the knob to push out, as the "diaphram" inside of the barrel goes inwards.

Does that make sense, or is it clear as mud?

The interior of the barrel is smooth for roughly 3/8", then it has a series of "lines" under it. It looks like it might be cool for the inside of a blaster.

The Heiland itself is chrome, so some painting would have to be done? Then sand some weathering...?

The barrel outside has "Heiland" in script- "extension" "shutter" "extension" in block letters.

Sure do appreciate the help!!!

Thanks!
    Jun 11, 2003, 6:48 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #16

The prop was a gutted tube I believe (except for promotional photos) left pretty much alone and just stuck in the barrel. Here's an example of how it fits in (this is a Heiland 2 cell):

I might not have had it turned the right way but you get the idea.
    Jun 11, 2003, 10:23 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #17

Ahhhh, I see it what to do! That will work fine, I'll unscrew the button thingie, and it will serve then to screw in a lanyard/hook dealie for the shoulder strap!

Cool!

Thanks H-S!

take care,

-Rex

Jun 11, 2003, 10:46 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #18

Bountys Hunted wrote:

... I'll unscrew the button thingie, and it will serve then to screw in a lanyard/hook dealie for the shoulder strap!
    Hey Rex, the shoulder strap actually screws into the butt of the grip and bottom rear of the shoulder stock. Just so you don't go screwing where you don't need to (that sounds so bad).

Pic on the way...
    Jun 12, 2003, 7:28 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #19

Thanks Max!! Appreciate the incorrect screwing...!

Thanks for the pic!!
  20. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jun 12, 2003, 10:30 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #20

Cool info!

Okay, so just to be clear - Heiland 3-cell is for Vader's saber & the 2-cell is for Fett's blaster? Did I get that right?
    I got a Heiland 2-cell flash gun recently in E-bay for $20 which includes the big round flash & some bulbs....will this do?

Mardon
  21. Member Since
    Mar 2003
    Jun 12, 2003, 10:39 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #21

This is what I plan to use -- is this the same one you got Mardon?

http://www.geocities.com/esbfett/flash1.jpg

You may have to cut and paste that; Yahoo! can be problematic about these things.

Cheers!
    TJ
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jun 12, 2003, 10:49 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #22

Hey TJ,

I think so its similar....or it might be the same. Dunno for sure, but here's the link to the auction I won 2 weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2932179330

Would this do.....could anyone tell me?

Mardon
    Jun 12, 2003, 11:24 PM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #23

that will do just fine I think. Either a 2 or 3 cell will look fine - just that you don't have to stick a two cel in too deep. Of course the real one is an MPP (3 cell correct?)but most of us dont have that.

I just was using a 2 cell because on some of the bronze repro barrels it is hard to get a 3 cel all the way in.
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Jun 16, 2003, 9:31 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #24

In a discussion on the RPF forum a short while ago, a photo was found that showed the ESB blaster during filming.

In the photo, you could see that the bulb mechanism was intact inside the end of the flash tube (you could see the inner spring and the hex nut at the bottom of the flash head).

Steve
  25. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Jun 16, 2003, 9:46 AM - Merged: Re: ESB Heiland-Blaster set-up info #25

Thanks for the confirmation, S-H!

I finally got the flash gun today and I was impressed with how well the finish is on this thing....it almost looks brand new.
    Is there a tutorial how to gutt this baby?

Frankly, I dunno if I'm gonna use this for the ESB barrel or Vader's lightsaber .....but ofcourse, the saber used the 3 Cell.
    Nonetheless, the barrel alone looks like a work of art

Steve - any confirmation on this? The bulb mechanism does look good, but I wouldnt mind either way....

Mardon