Subscribe
  1. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:06 PM - is this normal #1

    the 9 volt batt. in my left gantlet gets hot . feels like it would burn my arm if i left it on long enuf . is that how it is or did i not do somrthing right ?
    this is my first fett ,and first costum .
    thanks guys


    even off its getting hotter and hotter
    Last edited by dlzx9r; Oct 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM.
  2. Member Since
    May 2010
    Posts
    168
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:11 PM - Re: is this normal #2

    could be a normal thing,could be a short could be lots of things...thats more of a question for an electronics expert then costumers mate
  3. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:17 PM - Re: is this normal #3

    i'm not an expert on either one lol . figured somone here was both .
    thanks anyway brother
  4. cjack350's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    118
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:19 PM - Re: is this normal #4

    That doesn't sound normal at all...
  5. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:23 PM - Re: is this normal #5

    thanks again cjack . probley in my wiring . don't see how i could have messed it up thought.
  6. cjack350's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    118
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:24 PM - Re: is this normal #6

    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I'm far from an electronics expert. I just know that if a battery is getting hot enough to burn you then something isn't right.
  7. Member Since
    May 2010
    Posts
    168
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:37 PM - Re: is this normal #7

    did you check if the battery is leaking,usually the cause for battery heat up is either a short somewhere in the wiring or leakage of battery fluid
  8. Little TK Boy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    374
    Oct 13, 2010, 3:42 PM - Re: is this normal #8

    I had the same problem with my jetpack becon... the battery pack got so hot that I send it back to bobby fett uk.. Rob fixed it and I got a new batterypack just some days later, and it works fine now.. I would ask Rob sure he can help you ;D
  9. Lucksy31's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,225
    Oct 13, 2010, 4:32 PM - Re: is this normal #9

    What is your battery hooked to? Fans, LED's, etc...?

    Sounds like you have the (+) and (-) voltage reversed or the incorrect voltage applied to the source(ie: 9v battery to a 3v LED).
  10. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 4:56 PM - Re: is this normal #10

    it's a 12 volt led light . radio shack ppl said it would work . just would be a little dimmer . i changed the batt. and that one gets hot too. would the magnets on my gantlet efect it ?? i checked my soilder to be sure it was not touching looks good . the wires are colored so they are not crossed . thinking the batt. plug might be bad . ??
  11. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    94
    Oct 13, 2010, 6:37 PM - #11

    Do you have a switch on it? What kind?
  12. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 8:01 PM - Re: is this normal #12

    toggle switch 3a at 125vac / 1a at 250vac
  13. Lucksy31's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,225
    Oct 13, 2010, 8:31 PM - Re: is this normal #13

    Quote dlzx9r said: View Post
    it's a 12 volt led light . radio shack ppl said it would work . just would be a little dimmer . i changed the batt. and that one gets hot too. would the magnets on my gantlet efect it ?? i checked my soilder to be sure it was not touching looks good . the wires are colored so they are not crossed . thinking the batt. plug might be bad . ??
    You need to swap out that LED for a 9V version. It's drawing more current that it's rated for. Sure it will work, but it's not really designed for it. Just becuase it "will" work doesn't mean it's a good idea. I can drive my car with my feet, but I dont!!!

    The magnet would have NO effect. Hope that helps bro!
  14. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 8:46 PM - Re: is this normal #14

    thanks scott. i'll do that . should have known but could not find one there.

  15. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    94
    Oct 13, 2010, 8:49 PM - #15

    Quote Lucksy31 said:

    You need to swap out that LED for a 9V version. It's drawing more current that it's rated for. Sure it will work, but it's not really designed for it. Just becuase it "will" work doesn't mean it's a good idea. I can drive my car with my feet, but I dont!!!

    The magnet would have NO effect. Hope that helps bro!
    Yes.
    If you did what I did you have an LED with a resistor built in. I'm not sure Radio Shack (where I got mine) has a 9v LED, and a red with no resistor is 2v so you'll have to add your own. Or use AA like I did. It takes a lot of room in the gauntlet but it feels a lot more snug on my arm.
  16. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 13, 2010, 9:18 PM - Re: is this normal #16

    thx kthur . it does have a resistor . i could not find a 9 volt light . think i'm going to start over and go to another radio shack .
    thanks for the info guys .
  17. dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    748
    Oct 17, 2010, 4:32 PM - Re: is this normal #17

    got all new stuff and re-did . works great now .
    thanks guys

Similar Threads

  1. Is this normal?
    By Madrid Boba in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2008, 7:11 PM