Subscribe
    Jul 18, 2010, 11:39 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #126

Been informed we should have some assembly pics coming shortly...
  2. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 18, 2010, 12:50 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #127

Yeah, some fabrication will be happening tomorrow. All the parts are now in, and pre-assembly has started. We should get some welding done Monday.
  3. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 18, 2010, 1:04 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #128

Hey Guys, I need to confirm this order and get the webbing in asap. I just need to know who does not want the 4 bar webbing, in favour of the weave type at this stage, thanks.

Rob.
    Jul 18, 2010, 3:54 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #129

Including those of us who've already rung in? Or is that for the folks who still don't have a preference on the list?

--Jonah
    Jul 18, 2010, 4:30 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #130

Hello BFUK, Gino, Mojo-Fett,

Is it still optional to order one of these harnesses? Iam in need of an ESB one.. I wonder if my Bobamaker backplate and BFUK jetpack will fit onto this harness?
    Please confirm this and let me know it these are still available ;-)
    Jul 18, 2010, 4:32 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #131

PS: Whats the turnaround time on these? need it before my deadline (Beginning of September)

Thanks again!
    Jul 18, 2010, 4:42 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #132

Quote SubArtic said: View Post
    PS: Whats the turnaround time on these? need it before my deadline (Beginning of September)

Thanks again!
    PM sent bro...
    Jul 19, 2010, 5:33 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #133

So close now...
    The wait is nearly over... yippee
  9. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 21, 2010, 2:02 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #134

Hey guys.......getting exciting now

OK, so I thought I would give you all an update and show any one interested some of the process needed to capture the small details, most of which could be done far easier, but to get that accurate look they need to be done. It goes some way to explain why this project is taking so long.....originally started late last year. Some of these photos have been posted previously, but you get a better idea of the process now.

The V1 harness drawing is compared to the newly released photo of the Supertrooper/Boba Fett Harness. New dimensions are established and full detailed professional drawings are created for the engineers to work to.

Raw materials are identified as per the drawings and ordered.

The developed lengths are then cut, and the brace/strap parts are ordered from the sheet metal workers.

The formers are then machined to the correct dimensions to allow the material to be bent. A jig is also machined to help with all stages of working with the harness rig, including registration, finished size and strap positions.

The material is then bent to the correct shape and checked on the prepared jig.

When manufactured all the parts are test fitted to check they fit properly and the correct radius have been achieved.

The frames are then drilled on a CNC machine.

After drilling the burs are removed and the straps are added and pressed into the final position using a bespoke pressing tool, before spot welding takes place.

Once they have been welded they have the "dimple" added to secure the welded strap in place, again, the now modified gig is used to obtain the correct position.

Once the straps are welded and secured in place, any extra length is removed from the frame.....I did not get a photo of this today, will add it later.

.....and this is where we are currently, the lower strap and rings are located in place and need welding. Then the support bar fixings will be added and finally the support bar itself.

Not long now
    Last edited by Bobby Fett UK; Jul 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM.
  10. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 21, 2010, 2:05 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #135

Quote SubArtic said: View Post
    Hello BFUK, Gino, Mojo-Fett,

Is it still optional to order one of these harnesses? Iam in need of an ESB one.. I wonder if my Bobamaker backplate and BFUK jetpack will fit onto this harness?
    Please confirm this and let me know it these are still available ;-)
    Hey bro, yes, it has been used with a BM backplate and my pack and your deadline is fine, they are close to done now.
    Jul 21, 2010, 2:28 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #136

Quote Bobby Fett UK said: View Post
    Hey bro, yes, it has been used with a BM backplate and my pack and your deadline is fine, they are close to done now.
    Hey Rob,

Thanks for the info ;-) i contacted Mojo and iam in on this run! payment will be made soon. Can't wait to get this baby!!!

PS: Do the hooks for the support bar come with the pack?
  12. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 21, 2010, 2:32 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #137

Yes, the bottom hooks are part of the rig, I am sure you have the top hooks that work with this set up already
    Jul 21, 2010, 2:52 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #138

Quote Bobby Fett UK said: View Post
    Yes, the bottom hooks are part of the rig, I am sure you have the top hooks that work with this set up already
    Definatly! i have your JP with hooks so iam golden ;-) lol
    Pictures look great!
    Jul 21, 2010, 3:07 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #139

Great update there Rob, appreciate it...
    It's incredible the amount of work that has actually gone into these babies... awesome...
    Jul 21, 2010, 5:24 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #140

Wonderful update Rob!
  16. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jul 26, 2010, 2:48 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #141

Hi guys, just to keep you all posted, we are waiting for the correct headed screws to come in before the support bar can be added and we call the fabrication done
    Jul 26, 2010, 4:27 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #142

Woo-hoo updates...
  18. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jul 29, 2010, 12:13 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #143

There is nothign quite as awesome as seeing new pieces being formed!
    Aug 29, 2010, 4:00 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #144

Mojo/BFUK/Gino,

Any updates on these harnasses? i would like to have in about 1-2 months if possible..? Please let us guys know when we can expect these baby's!
  20. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Aug 29, 2010, 4:35 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #145

.......yes, we have some updates guys, and a good one too.

So, here are the final stages of the fabrication. The frame is thread rolled, so the support bar can be attached

Then the screws are machined, as the correct dome head screws are not available any more, here you can see the "slot" being cut.

Ta-dah, a screw.

And here is the first harness sewn together to check webbing lengths. This one is Supertrooper style. Just looking to fine tune the white/grey webbing now. All the harness are now fabricated and ready to be sewn and the webbing is on hand.

Over the next day or so PM's should be going out to all concerned to obtain sizing etc. We are on the final leg now, these can be ready in a matter of days.

Rob.
    Aug 30, 2010, 2:21 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #146

Hope ya like the update guys....
    Ok, just to echo what Rob said we are at the final hurdle, so it's time to get some final dimensions from each buyer. If you could PM me or Rob (or email) with your sizes then these can be finished off and out the door to you all... (once paid of course) lol

Thank you for all your patience on this...
    Aug 30, 2010, 3:45 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #147

Rob/Gav

Looking sweet guys
    In reference to the sizes, which measurement do you need? lol
    Aug 30, 2010, 5:30 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #148

Quote james007bond said: View Post
    Rob/Gav
    Looking sweet guys
    In reference to the sizes, which measurement do you need? lol
    If ya wanna tie in with Rob, but I think it refers to the shirt size.. Small/Med/large but Rob knows more...
    Aug 30, 2010, 1:37 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #149

Looks awesome......
  25. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Aug 30, 2010, 2:49 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #150

Quote Mojo-Fett said: View Post
    If ya wanna tie in with Rob, but I think it refers to the shirt size.. Small/Med/large but Rob knows more...
    Yeah, as Gav says, T shirt size gives enough info, they are still pretty adjustable still.