Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 3, 2010, 4:52 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #76

Gino, did you at least ask AH&H if you could send them images for help identifying the matieral? Since it's their business, I figured they'd probably have a better-trained eye than most of us. I can tackle that, if you would prefer...

--Jonah
    Mar 3, 2010, 4:58 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #77

Hey Jonah.
    Every place I talk to I've sent them photos and we discussed them over the phone.
    I've got a couple of new leads on the seatbelt material, but nothing definitive.
    Also, Rob is waiting for a sample as well.

However, we've got absolutely nothing on the grey pack strap webbing yet.
    That's where we need the most focus on. I'm thinking it's a UK measurement, because it is not a standard US one.
    I don't know if 40mm is a standard width in the UK or not though.

3. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Mar 3, 2010, 6:00 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #78

38 - but called 40, it is pretty much a half inch. Will have some grey webbing news this week, main issue is material, the weave looks like cotton, but the supertrooper photos look more nylon.
    Mar 3, 2010, 7:41 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #79

Quote Bobby Fett UK said: View Post
    38 - but called 40, it is pretty much a half inch. .
    Do you mean an Inch and a half? 1.5" - 38.2mm
    Mar 3, 2010, 1:59 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #80

Called the guys art the fabrication shop today and things are on track for the hardware, a final drawing was also emailed.
    I'm glad that They have had no issues with everything presented to them and have indicated that the lead time of 4 weeks is achievable.
    I have also asked for some pics to be emailed as things are happening and will post them accordingly.

Oh and for those on the list? could you either post here or PM me with the preferred style (film) version?

Gav
    Mar 3, 2010, 2:24 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #81

ESB all the way for me Gav...
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 3, 2010, 4:38 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #82

same here... ESB
  8. Mar 3, 2010, 4:41 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #83

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    As Gav has said before the harness does not include the US divers buckle,but a high quality replica is available through me or Rob.

I have now added the square tab bucklefor Supertrooper and PP1.

Shown from left to right, round tab(clean),round tab(weathered),and square tab.

FMF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	41875  
  9. Mar 3, 2010, 5:53 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #84

OH forgot to say that the square tab buckle will be an exclusive for this run for the time being.

If you want one I'll sort it out with Gav and Rob that it is sent out with your harness

FMF
  10. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Mar 3, 2010, 6:06 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #85

Very nice Geoff
    Mar 3, 2010, 7:26 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #86

Gav, ESB for me.
  12. Mar 3, 2010, 9:46 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #87

I'm definitely down for a set of the "Style 1"
    Mar 4, 2010, 12:16 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #88

SuperTrooper style for me.

--Jonah
  14. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 5, 2010, 1:02 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #89

I've been looking at other reference photos of the belt buckle in the exhibits, and I have found several shots that show the belt width to be consistent with dimensions of 1-15/16". This pic in particular. I'm not trying to cause a stir, I'm just wondering out loud if there is more compelling evidence other than extrapolation from photographs that the harness belt width it is absolutely less than standard seat belt widths.

Attachment 41952Attachment 41954
    Mar 5, 2010, 1:14 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #90

I don't think you're causing a stir at all. It's always good to question these things.
    The scaling I did (from the best pic I could find) came out to 1 3/4".
    And that is consistent with some of the vintage 4 bar seatbelt webbing that you posted earlier.
    I've found other 4 bar vintage seatbelt webbing as well that is 1 3/4", but it is on actual seat belts. The challenge is finding it on a roll and not actual parts.

If there were better ref pics, I could try to scale them again to see if I still get 1 3/4" but I couldn't find any better than the one I used that show the entire buckle with strap.
    The one you posted is just way too blurry for me to put much faith in, especially when you compare it to resolution of the one I posted before.

Mar 5, 2010, 1:17 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #91

Here check these out side by side.

Original Fett on exhibit.

Buckle with 1 15/16 webbing

17. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 5, 2010, 1:23 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #92

I totally agree the reference photo I chose is way too poor to base any conclusions on. I was going after the relative spacing of the gap present, not true scaling. The distortions of the lenses don;t match at all for that.

The only thing I would point out with the ref photo you are using in comparison with phantomfett's webbing is that pf's belt is strapped on tight whereas the exhibit belt is loose and there may be some undetectable dimpling or buckling of the webbing (kinda dark to see for sure) that is causing a possible distortion of the true width as it appears in the photo. Not saying it is, just that it is a possibility.
    Jun 10, 2010, 4:17 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #93

Bump for updates!
  19. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jun 10, 2010, 5:09 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #94

Hey Keegan, some coincidence hey

OK guys first off, thanks for the patience of those who have shown interest in this project. These harness are not something that come toghther by them selves overnight, or an item where you simply call up and order to collect a few days later. There are many, many variables, including getting what we see in reference photos converted into a format that an engineer can understand, then finding someone who has the skills and machinery to make the item. This process has be held up due to births, death and the bad eccomomy.......it's been a saga alright.

The good news is that the project got well and truly of the ground today. I am due to visit tomorow and will get some photos etc. It has been close to getting going properly a number of times recently, but I did not want top post an update, only to let members down. Thankfully this is now full steam ahead.

I have in my workshop the samples of the webbing, 48mm seatbelt weave, 48mm 4 bar seat belt and the belt loop 25mm weave. I also have the heavy the heavy cotton weave for the rear straps, this is in natural and can be dyed to the correct colour.

Look out for the full update tomorrow.

Best, Rob.
    Jun 10, 2010, 7:41 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #95

Thanks for 'this' update Rob....

cheers

Shiv
    Jun 11, 2010, 7:48 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #96

Quote james007bond said: View Post
    Thanks for 'this' update Rob....

cheers

Shiv
    Hey Shiv,

more to come on this! have also updated the list..
  22. Jun 11, 2010, 9:57 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #97

Go back and update it again Gav, can't see my name on the list....LOL

FMF

P.S. somewere near the top please.
    Jun 11, 2010, 11:21 AM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #98

Quote full metal fett said: View Post
    Go back and update it again Gav, can't see my name on the list....LOL

FMF

P.S. somewere near the top please.
    Lol... Sorry bro, will add ya now.
  24. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Jun 11, 2010, 5:05 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #99

Hey guys

Ok, I have spent the day in the fab shop working on the rig. We have pretty much been laying the foundations, making the jig to locate the harness in the CNC later in the process. The rig is also used at this point to make sure the correct bend is achieved. We also finished the former to bend the material without any deformation. These were all done on the same principals as the previous outing, but the former has been "beefed up" due to the increase in wall thickness.

Here is the first bent section (left) on the right is the previous rig. This is the first time I have been able to compare the difference.

And the jig in the CNC

From here we can make the brace sections to fit the rig and the distance between the two legs perfectly.

I will post up the webbing tomorrow. I am going to need to get a handle of who wants which type of weave to get the order in soon, but that can wait till tomorrow, it has been a long day.
    Jun 11, 2010, 10:18 PM - Re: NEW V2 SCREEN ACCURATE FETT HARNESS sign up list! #100

Beauteous, Rob.

--Jonah