As most of you probably know by my last post in the Sarlaac Pit.....My boneheaded landlord threw out a good portion of my work to date thinking it was junk plastic in the basement. I recieved some compensation, but not enough. I had to pretty much start over as he tossed all my armor and my half completed jet pack as well as my 3/4 done blaster. So much time and energy down the tubes!!
I went to the local sign shop and picked up some Sintra and I wish I had done it with this material to begin with. Incredibly easy to work with and I think I'll actually be able to make a nice backplate out of this stuff.
The Torso armor was origionally 3mm thick, but that still looked too thin for me so I added a lip of 2mm sintra on the backside of the
pieces to give it a thicker appearance. I figure this will also help the armor sit more flush to the vest as I'll be using the snap method.
Once again thanks to Wizardofflight for his wonderfull templates! These pieces are far superior to my initial set of armor.
(I forgot how much fun painting the armor was!) The paint work is done, I just have some misting for the chest armor and a couple of dulling washes to apply after I complete the other pieces (cod, kidney and backplate. Want em to match up right color wise).
Thanks for looking