Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

New MoW Gear in 2013

  1. #1

    New MoW Gear in 2013

    Hey guys,

    Wanted to share a few photos of some new gear I've been working on for some time now..nearly all items are available on ebay. New items coming in May.

    Thx,
    Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boot3-jpg   balaclava-color-jpg   rotjglovetdh1-jpg  

    ammobelttdh-jpg   esb-glovetdh1-jpg   flakvesttdh-jpg  

    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Apr 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Those boots, look FANTASTIC Christian !!! :

    It all does, but wow man? Those boots ! lol
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

  3. #3
    Major's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    From
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    432

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Yeah........ those boots...........

  4. #4
    Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    From
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,664

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Everything looks great. I will most likely be getting those boots and probably the gloves too.

  5. #5
    22ssplt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    From
    Deliverence, Indiana
    Posts
    1,448

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Great stuff as always Christian. Makes me wish I had waited a little longer for the boots.

  6. #6

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Christian you no good son of a........ Now i want THOSE boots!!!! ugh! lol

  7. #7

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    yeah

    the boots man!! and gloves!!

  8. #8

    New gear from MOW in 2013

    Christian, Great stuff, as always. As soon as those gloves are available, you can put me down for two pair of size medium ESB. I have your jetpack, gauntlets, and boots. You are prompt and the workmanship on your items is always top notch.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

  9. #9
    ChrisTheArtist's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    72

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Looks awesome.

    What do the boots sell for?

  10. #10

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Yea def in for the boots...even though i JUST got a pair of the current ones DOH! *facepalm*

    ChrisTheArtist, i messaged MOW and he said the boots should be around the $150-$160 mark like his previous ones were. He's shooting for Mid March release. I am SO in for these lol.

  11. #11

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Those boots look great (I like that they are squared at the toe to support toe spikes). Better start making a wish list.

  12. #12

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013


    Thanks guys for all your kind thoughts and support I really appreciate it

    To answer some of the questions regarding the boots...Yes, they will come in the traditional black/white color scheme as always. The new toe design is 4" wide so there's plenty of room. The boots will be made with twill cotton this time around. Cost will be $150.00-$160.00 per pair. Available in these limited half sizes. US (9.5-10.5-11.5-12.5) UK (9-10-11-12)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prototype4-jpg   prototype3-jpg  
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Feb 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM.

  13. #13
    Edrrak Nolat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    From
    Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    247

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    How do the boots compare size-wise to your last ones? I own a pair of 11s which are JUUUUUUUST a smidge too tight to wear comfortably so wondering if the 11.5 will be good.

  14. #14

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Edrrak Nolat said: View Post
    How do the boots compare size-wise to your last ones? I own a pair of 11s which are JUUUUUUUST a smidge too tight to wear comfortably so wondering if the 11.5 will be good.
    As stated the new toe is 4" wide which widens the boot from the arch forward leading to the toe making it much more comfortable. Also I've increased the sizes by half a size more to accommodate the flat toe. Sizes (9.5-10.5-11.5-12.5) Hope this helps.

  15. #15

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    fettpride said: View Post
    Those boots, look FANTASTIC Christian !!! :

    It all does, but wow man? Those boots ! lol
    Chris..Thanks man..means a lot to me coming from you

  16. #16
    red white's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Louisiana
    Posts
    78

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    THOSE GLOVES!!!!

    I'll be getting a pair of those for sure!

  17. #17

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Oh! Man, I want those boots for sure!!

  18. #18

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    red white said: View Post
    THOSE GLOVES!!!!

    I'll be getting a pair of those for sure!

    There's an interesting story with the gloves..

    I really need to call them "variant" gloves...Producing a large run of movie accurate gloves is nearly impossible due to all the hand sewn quilting that goes into them. I finally was able to get them made but only to today's specifications meaning the entire glove needs to be machined including all the quilting during assembly. They're done by professionals so the craftsmanship is excellent. The end result is a modern version of the classic Boba glove. The ESB's are ready for production but we're still working on the proper color for the RoTJ's. I'm very pleased with the variant design and I hope collectors will respond well to them even though they're not exactly movie accurate?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails glovetdh-jpg  
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Feb 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM.

  19. #19
    ChrisTheArtist's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    72

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Yea def in for the boots...even though i JUST got a pair of the current ones DOH! *facepalm*

    ChrisTheArtist, i messaged MOW and he said the boots should be around the $150-$160 mark like his previous ones were. He's shooting for Mid March release. I am SO in for these lol.
    Yup. Looks mighty tempting. Think I'll have to order a pair myself in March.

  20. #20

    New gear from MOW in 2013

    I think the ESB gloves are fantastic looking, and you can put me down for two pairs as soon as they are available. Not to go off topic, but am I the only one who thinks the quilted "reinforcements" on the fingers and back of the hand appear to have a sheen like the tackle twill used for the vest? Thoughts?
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

  21. #21
    Admin Staff webchief's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2002
    From
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,702

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Those boots are gorgeous! When the ROTJ gloves are ready, I'll be looking to you!

  22. #22
    Matty Matt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    From
    Limerick, PA
    Posts
    425

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Bothan said: View Post
    I think the ESB gloves are fantastic looking, and you can put me down for two pairs as soon as they are available. Not to go off topic, but am I the only one who thinks the quilted "reinforcements" on the fingers and back of the hand appear to have a sheen like the tackle twill used for the vest? Thoughts?
    I agree with this, and based on that photo it looks like MOW has nailed that aspect. Christian, any idea on the price point of the gloves?

  23. #23
    red white's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Louisiana
    Posts
    78

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    Man of War Studios said: View Post

    There's an interesting story with the gloves..

    I really need to call them "variant" gloves...Producing a large run of movie accurate gloves is nearly impossible due to all the hand sewn quilting that goes into them. I finally was able to get them made but only to today's specifications meaning the entire glove needs to be machined including all the quilting during assembly. They're done by professionals so the craftsmanship is excellent. The end result is a modern version of the classic Boba glove. The ESB's are ready for production but we're still working on the proper color for the RoTJ's. I'm very pleased with the variant design and I hope collectors will respond well to them even though they're not exactly movie accurate?
    I'm in for a pair of ROTJ whenever you have them ready. These variant gloves should be great for trooping! They look really nice and a lot thicker than the ones I have now. Your whole 2013 line looks awesome, especially the boots. I got in a pair of your ROTJ gauntlets the other day, I can't wait to start on those.

  24. #24
    Man of War Studios said: View Post

    Chris..Thanks man..means a lot to me coming from you
    Think nothing of it man, you nailed it ...

    I'll be needing some of those

    On that note, what are the odds of getting them colored as pictured?


    Also, have you thought about molding a pair of your new boots in , say, Jeremy's size and making block castings available to folks for their display mannequins? Maybe even roto hollow? The roto hollow could be split at the back to slip over mannequin feet. I'd be all over that too !

    Food for thought.
    Last edited by fettpride; Feb 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

  25. #25

    Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

    I just realized the boots are also twill...Christian, like FP said..you nailed it bro! I need to clean all this drool off my keyboard now!

    I saw you said you made them a half size bigger to accommodate for the flat toe. My old MOW boots were a 10, and just fit me. Since im 5'7" i like to add lifts to get me another inch or 2 inside the boot, which didnt work with the 10's so i picked up the 11's and those are perfect with the lifts. With these new ones do you think i should go back to maybe the 10.5 or maybe just stick with the 11 to be safe?

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 2013 Accurate Gauntlet Darts - Continuous Run
    By Mojo-Fett in forum The Cargo Hold
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
  2. FS: nemrod holsters resin replicas 2013
    By Kcr7pr in forum The Cargo Hold
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2013, 2:58 PM
  3. DVH painting/building services
    By Darth Voorhees in forum The Cargo Hold
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2012, 8:36 PM
  4. Celebration Europe 2013 Germany - RPF/TDH Booth
    By supa troop in forum Site Support & News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 17, 2012, 5:09 AM
  5. Star Wars Celebration 2! July 2013!
    By JayBox325 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •