Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

New MoW Gear in 2013

New MoW Gear in 2013

Hey guys,

Wanted to share a few photos of some new gear I've been working on for some time now..nearly all items are available on ebay. New items coming in May.

Thx,
    Christian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boot3-jpg   balaclava-color-jpg   rotjglovetdh1-jpg  

ammobelttdh-jpg   esb-glovetdh1-jpg   flakvesttdh-jpg  

Last edited by Man of War Studios; Apr 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM.

Those boots, look FANTASTIC Christian !!! :

It all does, but wow man? Those boots ! lol
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Denver, CO

Re: New gear from MOW in 2013

Yeah........ those boots...........

From
    Pennsylvania

Everything looks great. I will most likely be getting those boots and probably the gloves too.

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

Great stuff as always Christian. Makes me wish I had waited a little longer for the boots.

Christian you no good son of a........ Now i want THOSE boots!!!! ugh! lol

yeah

the boots man!! and gloves!!

New gear from MOW in 2013

Christian, Great stuff, as always. As soon as those gloves are available, you can put me down for two pair of size medium ESB. I have your jetpack, gauntlets, and boots. You are prompt and the workmanship on your items is always top notch.

From
    Adelaide, Australia

Looks awesome.

What do the boots sell for?

Yea def in for the boots...even though i JUST got a pair of the current ones DOH! *facepalm*

ChrisTheArtist, i messaged MOW and he said the boots should be around the $150-$160 mark like his previous ones were. He's shooting for Mid March release. I am SO in for these lol.

Those boots look great (I like that they are squared at the toe to support toe spikes). Better start making a wish list.

Thanks guys for all your kind thoughts and support I really appreciate it

To answer some of the questions regarding the boots...Yes, they will come in the traditional black/white color scheme as always. The new toe design is 4" wide so there's plenty of room. The boots will be made with twill cotton this time around. Cost will be $150.00-$160.00 per pair. Available in these limited half sizes. US (9.5-10.5-11.5-12.5) UK (9-10-11-12)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prototype4-jpg   prototype3-jpg  
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Feb 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM.

From
    Hoboken, New Jersey, United States

How do the boots compare size-wise to your last ones? I own a pair of 11s which are JUUUUUUUST a smidge too tight to wear comfortably so wondering if the 11.5 will be good.

Edrrak Nolat said: View Post
    How do the boots compare size-wise to your last ones? I own a pair of 11s which are JUUUUUUUST a smidge too tight to wear comfortably so wondering if the 11.5 will be good.
    As stated the new toe is 4" wide which widens the boot from the arch forward leading to the toe making it much more comfortable. Also I've increased the sizes by half a size more to accommodate the flat toe. Sizes (9.5-10.5-11.5-12.5) Hope this helps.

fettpride said: View Post
    Those boots, look FANTASTIC Christian !!! :

It all does, but wow man? Those boots ! lol
    Chris..Thanks man..means a lot to me coming from you

From
    Louisiana

THOSE GLOVES!!!!

I'll be getting a pair of those for sure!

Oh! Man, I want those boots for sure!!

red white said: View Post
    THOSE GLOVES!!!!

I'll be getting a pair of those for sure!

There's an interesting story with the gloves..

I really need to call them "variant" gloves...Producing a large run of movie accurate gloves is nearly impossible due to all the hand sewn quilting that goes into them. I finally was able to get them made but only to today's specifications meaning the entire glove needs to be machined including all the quilting during assembly. They're done by professionals so the craftsmanship is excellent. The end result is a modern version of the classic Boba glove. The ESB's are ready for production but we're still working on the proper color for the RoTJ's. I'm very pleased with the variant design and I hope collectors will respond well to them even though they're not exactly movie accurate?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails glovetdh-jpg  
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Feb 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM.

From
    Adelaide, Australia

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Yea def in for the boots...even though i JUST got a pair of the current ones DOH! *facepalm*

ChrisTheArtist, i messaged MOW and he said the boots should be around the $150-$160 mark like his previous ones were. He's shooting for Mid March release. I am SO in for these lol.
    Yup. Looks mighty tempting. Think I'll have to order a pair myself in March.

New gear from MOW in 2013

I think the ESB gloves are fantastic looking, and you can put me down for two pairs as soon as they are available. Not to go off topic, but am I the only one who thinks the quilted "reinforcements" on the fingers and back of the hand appear to have a sheen like the tackle twill used for the vest? Thoughts?

From
    Massachusetts

Those boots are gorgeous! When the ROTJ gloves are ready, I'll be looking to you!

From
    Limerick, PA

Bothan said: View Post
    I think the ESB gloves are fantastic looking, and you can put me down for two pairs as soon as they are available. Not to go off topic, but am I the only one who thinks the quilted "reinforcements" on the fingers and back of the hand appear to have a sheen like the tackle twill used for the vest? Thoughts?
    I agree with this, and based on that photo it looks like MOW has nailed that aspect. Christian, any idea on the price point of the gloves?

From
    Louisiana

Man of War Studios said: View Post

There's an interesting story with the gloves..

I really need to call them "variant" gloves...Producing a large run of movie accurate gloves is nearly impossible due to all the hand sewn quilting that goes into them. I finally was able to get them made but only to today's specifications meaning the entire glove needs to be machined including all the quilting during assembly. They're done by professionals so the craftsmanship is excellent. The end result is a modern version of the classic Boba glove. The ESB's are ready for production but we're still working on the proper color for the RoTJ's. I'm very pleased with the variant design and I hope collectors will respond well to them even though they're not exactly movie accurate?
    I'm in for a pair of ROTJ whenever you have them ready. These variant gloves should be great for trooping! They look really nice and a lot thicker than the ones I have now. Your whole 2013 line looks awesome, especially the boots. I got in a pair of your ROTJ gauntlets the other day, I can't wait to start on those.

Man of War Studios said: View Post

Chris..Thanks man..means a lot to me coming from you
    Think nothing of it man, you nailed it ...

I'll be needing some of those

On that note, what are the odds of getting them colored as pictured?

Also, have you thought about molding a pair of your new boots in , say, Jeremy's size and making block castings available to folks for their display mannequins? Maybe even roto hollow? The roto hollow could be split at the back to slip over mannequin feet. I'd be all over that too !

Food for thought.
    Last edited by fettpride; Feb 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM.

I just realized the boots are also twill...Christian, like FP said..you nailed it bro! I need to clean all this drool off my keyboard now!

I saw you said you made them a half size bigger to accommodate for the flat toe. My old MOW boots were a 10, and just fit me. Since im 5'7" i like to add lifts to get me another inch or 2 inside the boot, which didnt work with the 10's so i picked up the 11's and those are perfect with the lifts. With these new ones do you think i should go back to maybe the 10.5 or maybe just stick with the 11 to be safe?