Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 3, 2010, 6:02 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #26

I got your sewing covered
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 3, 2010, 6:13 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #27

WELLL it depends on you i guess Ive been an artist pretty much my whole life....i can free hand every bit of damage....stencils are easier though but some arent perfect and there arent stencils for ROTJ helmet as theres alot of variations in the paint and weird things going on not just a layered job like the ESB helmet
    Nov 3, 2010, 6:46 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #28

Quote MojoTurbo said: View Post
    that'd be great if I had a template, but how do you free hand such great detail?
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/s...-decals-20924/
    or paint with these

TK409.com Boba Fett Helmet Kill Mark Stripes
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 3, 2010, 6:51 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #29

The TK409 ones are closer to accurate...hadnt seen that before good stuff
    Nov 3, 2010, 11:58 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #30

I think you're starting to get the idea... you'll never find a single definitive list of everything. It's all about the research and reading. What I usually say to people is that if you are still at a point where things like "FPH" and "WoF" don't make sense, you just need to read more

Also don't forget to read through the wiki. There's good stuff in there
  6. Nov 4, 2010, 12:42 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #31

Oh I just finished a year long build on my last costume and $1,200 later... I fully understand it's about the research and going it slow...
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 4, 2010, 6:03 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #32

This may take longer and WILL cost more than double that
  8. Nov 5, 2010, 9:45 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #33

so brothers keep saying, "check the wiki," but you guys know there is NOTHING in the wiki for ROTJ.... its blank on all pages from one end to the other, which is odd since ROTJ Fett is canon.
  9. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 5, 2010, 9:58 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #34

I think the wiki is just setup wierd, goto costume components from there links work but the links from the seperate styles dont
    Nov 5, 2010, 2:02 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #35

Quote MojoTurbo said: View Post
    so brothers keep saying, "check the wiki," but you guys know there is NOTHING in the wiki for ROTJ.... its blank on all pages from one end to the other, which is odd since ROTJ Fett is canon.
    A wiki is a collaborative effort. It only has the information people put in it. It's maintained by the community. Art has asked for people to work on it, but volunteers are few and far between. What's there now was pretty much added by Art or me. I don't know that anyone else ever offered to do anything.

That being said, there is plenty in there. Go to the costuming section in the left nav. Building a suit, templates and tutorials all have information.

There are 5 RotJ painting threads linked. There's a guide to painting an RotJ rifle under the tutorials section... etc...

I think the disconnect here is that no-one is going to say "This is how to build a Boba Fett suit. Go to these places, get these things, and paint them with this". That's not really how the site works. TDH has always been very big on research and reading. People post individual bits of information, and the expectation is that folks with read through it all.

That seems like a pain, but it's really useful. If I just tell you "This is how to build a RotJ Boba", you'll get a clone of my costume. If Fett 4 Real told you how to build a suit you'll get a clone of his. If you read about how both of us built our suits, you'll figure out what you like about each build and make your OWN suit.

You don't ever want to exclusively take anyone's word for anything. Just because I think Hunt Club Green looks great for the chest armor doesn't mean you will. You need to spend the time to read all the different takes on it and come to your own conclusions.

I usually tell people that you should plan for a couple of months or research before you do anything. If you don't do that, you'll regret it. It took me over 3 years to build my suit up to the point it's at now. Over that time I've had 2 full sets of armor, 3 kinds of gauntlets, 3 flight suits, 12 helmets (yes, 12!), 3 jetpacks, 4 vests, 2 light boards for the chest, etc... etc... All of those parts have been stripped and repainted more times than I can count.

You can save yourself all those revisions by getting what you really want in the first place. You just won't know what you want until you know what is out there. And all of that information is here, you just need to spend the time to read it.
  11. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 5, 2010, 2:15 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #36

Well said
  12. Nov 7, 2010, 2:33 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #37

Oh I fully plan on researching first... no doubt. I was clicking "jet pack, gauntlets, cloth parts" and each time I got this:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/wiki/...ostume_Details

I think that same link comes up six times... so I was feeling a little discouraged. I have built several costumes before, so I am no stranger to doing the homework, finding the vendors that work the best for my budget and style and then laying out a plan. True, there is PLENTY in there, it just didn't happen to be in the places I was looking at the time I wrote that post.

So far I am only planning on using the MOM ref photos, those seem to be the ROTJ I like the best. And if I only use one set of photos, they won't be confusing to any other pics I come across.

Oh, but I did have another question. I saw the youtube videos of TDN giving Jeremy Bulloch (or do you guys call him JB) the Boba Fett costume - is there a forum thread of that build? Just curious, I'd be interested in reading how that came about and who worked on it.
  13. Nov 10, 2010, 2:57 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #38

My armory list keeps growing and growing...

Armor
    • Fett Pride *
    • Man of War Studios *
    • Wicked Beard
    • Boba Maker *
    • Bobby Fett UK (jetpacks, shintools)
    • Triomiret (jetpack)

Helmet
    • Fettpride *
    • Stormrider (interiors only)
    • T-Visor.com

Boots
    • Boba Maker *
    • Man of War Studios *
    • CAboots
    • Russrep (toe spikes)
    • Mojo - Fett (toe spikes)
    • Evolution Props

Soft Parts
    • Galactic Bounty Hunter (gloves)
    • Ladysewforus (all soft parts)
    • woodman (braids, capes)
    • Loanstar
    • Cucblack (spats, pouches)
    • Skygunbro (flight suit) *
    • Evolution Props
    • Costume Base (flightsuit)
    • TKK111 (flightsuit)

Greeblies and Extras
    • Booboo Fett (ammo belts, metal harness, jetpack hooks)
    • Mojo-Fett (pretty much anything aluminum that you need, sidearm for ESB, metal harness)
    • TK409 (chest display, cape) *
    • Fettronics (chest display)
    • Bat Ninja (vest, spats, pouches) *
    • Evolution Props (varies, check his store)
    • Costume Base (ammo belts / pouches)
    • House Shadow Wolf LTD (knee dart assembly)
    • Boba Maker (shin tools) *
    • Ruffkin Toy (sidearm holster) *
    • Shackman (chest light) *
    • Ripcode (collar bolts) *
    • Mr Gr8ness (rangefinder circuits)

Weapons
    • FettDad (completed replica)
    • Sidewinder
    • Stormrider (unfinished kits)
    • House Shadow Wolf LTD

Graphics
    • lucksy31 (helmet kill stripes, armor and jetpack, and ears graphics) (link)
    • slave1pilot (website with sample work)
    • Scott (kill stripes)
    • Evolution Props
    • Evan4218 (stickers) *

Painting Services
    • Ponte
    • Deadland
    • slave1pilot
    • Spideyfett *
    • Darthmiller *
    • Super Jedi *

These skilled artisans * have helped build Jeremy Bulloch's replica ESB costume
  14. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 10, 2010, 3:30 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #39

I would go ahead and remove costume base and evolution they both are not on the level of the rest
    Nov 10, 2010, 4:02 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #40

I agree with Fett 4 real.
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Nov 10, 2010, 4:38 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #41

Any chance of getting the list pinned for future reference? seems like a useful plan for (i mean to) me
  17. Nov 10, 2010, 7:33 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #42

I would go ahead and remove costume base and evolution they both are not on the level of the rest
    True.... but you never know what some are willing to go with. I merely present all the options. I personally have a few CB items and YES there are better out there, but with some modifications and dye... they can come out pretty decent.

In fact, I have seen some FETTS here with evolution props mixed in with the rest and they actually look pretty legit. Especially the fligthsuit

Any chance of getting the list pinned for future reference? seems like a useful plan for (i mean to) me
    it shouldn't be pinned until it's finalized...maybe I missed someone
  18. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 10, 2010, 8:24 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #43

Look legit in a picture and being legit are two totally different things...Ive had some evo stuff before I knew better...its not even worth it for the price. If your getting it for a Halloween costume to look like boba great but for a legit Boba not in the same ballpark as the rest
    Nov 18, 2010, 5:30 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #44

dont think bobamaker makes boots. missing bobamaker in the helmets as well. cucblack does flightsuits, vests and capes
  20. Nov 18, 2010, 10:49 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #45

Thanks Evil, updated...
    Nov 21, 2010, 4:35 AM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #46

MOJO"S LIST updated for boba fett

Armor

Fett Pride (gaunts,armour-comes as complete sets, budget and Premium available)
    Man of War Studios (gaunts)
    Wicked Beard (metal gaunts, metal armour)
    Boba Maker (gaunts, armour)

Helmet

ASOK (FP Budget) Coming soon
    BobbyfettUK ("Raw" proto mold) Coming soon
    Bobamaker
    Fettpride (FP Premium, GMH)
    Jinto (BGH2)

Boots

Man of War Studios (Runs, size 13's coming soon)
    CAboots= SUEDE=cheese
    Russrep (toe spikes)
    Mojo - Fett (toe spikes)

Soft Parts

Bobamaker (flightsuit,spats,pouches,flakvest,)
    Galactic Bounty Hunter (gloves) Runs
    Ladysewforus (all soft parts)anytime
    Woodman (braids, capes,balaclava's)
    Loanstar
    Cucblack (spats, pouches,flightsuit,flakvest)anytime
    Skygunbro (flight suit)
    TKK111 (flightsuit)
    Bat Ninja vest, spats, pouches (runs)
    Crazy4BobaFett (flightsuit,flakvest,spats,girthbelts,pouches)

Jetpacks, Greeblies and Extras

Booboo Fett (ammo belts GORGEOUS, metal harness, jetpack hooks, chin skirts)
    Mojo-Fett (pretty much anything aluminum that you need, sidearm for ESB, metal harness)
    TK409 (chest display, cape)
    Fettronics (chest display)
    House Shadow Wolf LTD (knee dart assembly)
    Ruffkin Toy (sidearm holster)
    Shackman (chest light)
    Ripcode (collar bolts)
    Mr Gr8ness (rangefinder circuits)
    Man of War (jetpack)
    bobamaker (ammobelt, shintools,jetpack)
    Darth Voorhees (chestlight)
    Serenity (aluminum Studs)
    T-Visor.com
    Bobby Fett UK (jetpacks, shintools)
    Triomiret (jetpack)
    Stormrider (Helmet interiors only)
    tk6294 (PTT Cables for Aker Voice Amps, Voice Amps)
    Hyperdyne labs (RF LED kits,rangefinder servo controller boards)
    Fenixprops (aluminum darts, studs, Knee darts, helmet padding)

Weapons

FettDad (completed replica metal,wood,resin)
    Sidewinder (resin)
    Stormrider (unfinished kits)
    House Shadow Wolf LTD

Graphics

lucksy31 (helmet kill stripes, armor and jetpack, and ears graphics) (link)
    slave1pilot (website with sample work)
    Scott (kill stripes)
    Evan4218 (stickers)
    tk409 (kill stripes stencil)

Painting Services

Ponte
    Deadland
    slave1pilot
    Spideyfett
    Darthmiller
    Super Jedi
    Fett4Real
    Bobbyfettuk (jetpack)
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Dec 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM.
  22. Nov 6, 2011, 9:46 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #47

ok, I am back (hey, I found a job and moved to Texas!) so rather than waste thread, I'll keep posting here - and we'll see where this goes. As far as flightsuits go, there are lots of options. Bobamaker is pretty decent and might be where I lean - buuuuut. Im married and have a 3 year old, so I'm going to "try" to "Budget-Boba" (aka "BB") as best as I can. So with that in mind - for an ROTJ build, how "budget" can I "Boba" on a flightsuit? Granted, I'm not going to use a Costume Base, but still want to be "close" without going SA.

I welcome all....
    Nov 6, 2011, 9:59 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #48

I would check out Asok cold cast FP helmet. It is a good price and he is great to deal with..

Redkraytdragon also offers some great looking budget armor.

MojoFett for your aluminum parts. He is also very professional!

Good luck with your build!
  24. Nov 6, 2011, 10:03 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #49

thanks, but my question was strictly about the flightsuit, sorry if that wan't clear....
    Nov 6, 2011, 10:40 PM - Re: New Member with questions and needing direction for a ROTJ build #50

lI got lucky and a member on this site offered me a great deal on a suit. Just be patient and keep checking the cargo hold. Some one is always selling off a costume for one reason or another. You. may even want to post a seperate thread so that perhaps some members may offer you a suit. I wish someone could draw up the plans for sewing the suit then I could get my Grandma to sew me one. I'm like you in that I can craft things but I can't sew. Also check out Tk409 web page on Boba Fett.