Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 1, 2006, 6:08 AM - The *NEW* FPARMOR - UPDATE - ADDED COD PIECE #1

Heya guys and gals !

I needed a quick break from the monotony of my Jango projects. I've been flipping back and forth between Jango and Boba projects anyway, but figured I'd post a little something for the Boba fans for a change, since you're the "backbone of TDH

I took a couple of days and revisited my chest armor last weekend, and before I head out for the holiday I figured I'd take a minute or two to post it up.

The armor has been refined, dent placement, ect. This is true "MoM" style this time around, as many of you know, my first design was based on a combination of AoSW and MoM.

The molds will be duplicated for "ESB" style next week, with the appropriate dent placement mods to reflect this. 2 stlyes will be available, for a change Again, this is a "Preview". This is what "will be" available when I get into the "mode"

As you can see, my playing "Catch-Up" for a year out of commission is coming along. Jango helmet, upcoming Jango Gauntlets, Boba Gauntlets, Armor, ect. It's rough, doing all of this at once practically. So to all those patient members who are still awaiting a response from me, thank you for hangin in there. You can see I'm not dilly dallying So consider this an official "Fettpride Update" while we're at it. It saves me from having to clutter the forum with an unnecessary thread.

Onto the pics !! I hope it meets all your expectations ...

First .. The "OLD"

Now, the "NEW"

A few shots comparing old and new ...

And a couple of details ...

First and foremost, compound curves. It's always been there. With the alterations that have been made, it has allowed for more of a concave/
    compound curve update, however, you absolutely cannot get too crazy with this, because it alters the frontal/outward appearance (or impression) of the basic shapes that we've all become obsessed with. It's a balancing act

The signature holes on the abdomen plate are now as they should be. Thanks to Brak's Buddy for prodding me to do this Before they were
    vacuum formed "impressions" The real holes are drilled clean through, and backed with a piece of styrene to give it a very crisp definition. "As you wish"

I can post more pics later if desired. These were snapped pretty quick. You might note that the shapes of the armor can change drastically from camera angle to camera angle Ya can't make armor from a 2D printout, that's for sure

A couple of final notes. I didn't show it in the pics, but the chest lights cutout is molded into the chest plate this time around. At least an ultra sharp impression of it. An "EXACT" guidline for cutting it out from behind the plate. I trimmed it out because I was in a hurry, and forgot to snap it before I did.

The chest light cutouts are made to the exact "Brak's Buddy" mesurements. So they'll fit your Shackman and Tk-409 lights. I cannot vouch for other lights, but it's time that we all stick with a standard measurment. It's easier for the light makers to make a standard size set of lights, rather tham 10 dffernet armor makers with different sized slots

A gentle reminder that the "REAL" movie armor is Vaccum Formed. Not fiberglass, or resin. Vacuum formed is what is pictured. These will be available in glass as well, but they will look just like what is pictured above. Too crisp, is unrealistic. It has to appear that hot plastic was formed over a mold to feel authentic. So, molds will be made of an ultra sharp vacuum formed set to achieve this. Both MoM, as well as "ESB" versions.

K, onto finsihing up the Jango Molds, and Updated Boba Gauntlets

Thanks again for all your patience in my delayed PM responses. Have an AWESOME 4th of July !!!

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jul 6, 2006 at 4:35 PM. Reason: change title
    Jul 1, 2006, 6:17 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #2

Gorgeous as always, Chris. Who says you can't improve on perfection?

So can I pull a Ripcode and be the first to start the "un-official" wait list? I feel like I've already been on it for 3 years...

Seriously, though...I really didn't think you could get it any better than it already was, but the new tweaks are supurb. Kudos, bro.

~Brian
    Jul 1, 2006, 7:47 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #3

Beautiful !!!! So this explains the sale of Braks' armor yesterday

Steve
    Jul 1, 2006, 8:02 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #4

.... whoa, great job FP. It's great seeing you healthy and back in action once again and having a blast doing what you do best. you go man !!!
    Jul 1, 2006, 8:32 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #5

Throw me on the "Unoffical List"!! Awsome work FP...as always.
  6. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Jul 1, 2006, 9:18 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #6

AMAZING WORK FP!!:thumbup ..

So maybe its good that I sold mine?? ...Can you say "UPGRADE"??
    Jul 1, 2006, 10:11 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #7

I'm so glad to have FP back, he fills my heart with joy!

Count me in for a FG set!
    Last edited by SaxeCoburg; Jul 1, 2006 at 6:27 PM.
    Jul 1, 2006, 10:53 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #8

very very nice. if there is an "unoffical list" started for the ESB version... put me down.

great job again!!
    SlaveR5
    Jul 1, 2006, 11:03 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #9

Nice work FP. I've been holding out on my armor in hopes of you returning to production, so you can count me in once this gets off the ground. I'm sure you have a PM in there from me in the thousands you have to sift thru. If there's a list. Put me on it.
    Jul 1, 2006, 11:50 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #10

Wow! Awesome job on the update, FP! I'm in! That'd look great on a BatNinja vest...
    Jul 1, 2006, 1:51 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #11

Im' in as well . When the "LIST" starts, put me on it.
    I have been waiting for an "FP Armor" thread and WOW...........:thumbup
    Awesome FP, can't wait.
    -Tim-
  12. Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Jul 1, 2006, 2:50 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #12

fp armor ?

Please add me as well....
    Jul 1, 2006, 3:02 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #13

I was the happiest man on the planet when I bought your fibergalss FP...now I am wanting to upgrade....ha ha....

no.. not going to do it

no... not going to spend more money

I have FP old version...I am happy

I dont need new version

.....OK...maybe I need new ESB version...yes...OK..I am going to have two BOBA's....old version and new...yes two!!!

FP put me down for a set

Quote Spideyfett said:
    AMAZING WORK FP!!:thumbup ..

So maybe its good that I sold mine?? ...Can you say "UPGRADE"??
    Jul 1, 2006, 3:10 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #14

WOW, the best just got better... I have 2 sets of armor sitting in my office, now I need a third set! Dag-nabit!!! If theres a list going throw me on it... got some cash burning a hole in my pocket for this stuff!!!

Awsome as always FP!
    Jul 1, 2006, 4:28 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #15

Fantastic! I am game for a set too. I would love to be added if there is a list.
  16. Jul 1, 2006, 5:17 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #16

Fantastic! I wonder if that armor would pass muster for a Pre-ProII base?
    Jul 1, 2006, 6:37 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #17

The set in the pictures, is mine.... Muhahaha!
  18. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jul 1, 2006, 7:07 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #18

I'm in, price pending.
    Jul 1, 2006, 10:18 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #19

I am in for sure, price not pending, I don't really care what they cost I have wanted a set for upwards of 5 years and will have one. I don't know if I want a MOM of ESB set since I am doing pre-pro2 I will have to look at which is more accurate toward that but I am in.
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jul 1, 2006, 10:58 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #20

Quote Predatormv said:
    I am in for sure, price not pending, I don't really care what they cost I have wanted a set for upwards of 5 years and will have one. I don't know if I want a MOM of ESB set since I am doing pre-pro2 I will have to look at which is more accurate toward that but I am in.
    Yeah about 3 weeks ago I coulda said the same thing. Then I got married now I got the whole what's mine is hers and whats hers is hers deal goin on . Actually she's not that bad, she doesn't mind me spending money on stuff she's just in between jobs at the moment.
    Jul 2, 2006, 1:03 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #21

Did someone say new ESB armor?? Come on Chris, I was suppose to be finished upgrading my Boba damnit!!!!! :moon The new armor looks sweet my friend... Nice work.
    Jul 2, 2006, 1:23 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #22

Chris as always, you set the standard. Well done
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jul 2, 2006, 1:26 AM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #23

I will so nned this to go with the gauntlets from the list. Would you like payment in Firstborn or Soul?
    Jul 2, 2006, 2:59 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #24

Thanks a million everyone ! A very nice reception indeed

There have been many requests for pics of the chest light slots before
    they're cutout for some reason, so I'll post one up soon. I'm not at home (away for the weekend) but the pics are on my server, so all I have to do is link it up. But I'll get one up here soon.

Prices won't depend on current styrene prices. At least not at first. Most of you know that styrene is a commodity and the price fluctuates daily. But I still have quite a bit of stock on hand from last year, at last years prices, so this will save us a little

It won't be that bad. It never has been Other members have sold their FPArmor lately for far more than what they are from the maker, so don't let that scare you

Soo much thanks to everyone for keepin the faith, as well as the awesome comments !

FP
  25. Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Jul 2, 2006, 3:09 PM - Re: The *NEW* FPARMOR - Magic of Myth #25

I'll buy anyone's old armor. Please PM if interested.