Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 7, 2009, 2:37 PM - New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #1

    I just thought since some people (including me) are about to venture on a new set of FP armor, we should make a thread where everyone can post questions about painting or whatever in this thread (even if it may be discussed somewhere in another thread). No questions should be rejected... even questions like "Who the heck is Boba Fett?" well... maybe not to that extent, but you get the idea.

    The first question I have is where to I get all the paints on the Rouge Studios paint list? I've seen some but not all on Testors website... but they are doubly expensive there.

    PS: Thankyou so much FP for making all our dreams come true

    Last edited by Mr. No Stripes; Feb 7, 2009 at 3:56 PM.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 7, 2009, 2:50 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #2

    Here are a few trimming tutorials I made up a while back when I got my armour.

    Video Tutorial - Basic Trimming
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSpljgtHz4

    Video Tutorial - Trimming Dents
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXfeZ-vUzKw

    When it comes to buying the paints, I just buy them on Testor's website. You won't really find them cheaper in any stores. Some bottles for the smallest details can run you $5. You should be able to find them all on Testors website, I think Milwaukee Road Orange is called MLWK Road Orange, or something along those lines. If you need, I can look up the bottle numbers if you'd like.
  3. Boba-Fett DK's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Feb 7, 2009, 2:53 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #3

    hey do you guys know how I get a hold of fettpride I sent him some PM's but he has yet to get back to me I dont have acess yet to cargo hold since I have only been active for 4 days, I would like to order some armor for him. Also could you guys post what you recieved and the cost of the armor thanks a bunch.
  4. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    760
    Feb 7, 2009, 2:57 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #4

    Chris is a busy guy, if I were you I would wait a bit. He tries to get to his pm's pretty quick but he has alot of work to do.

    I spent $270 for my FP V3 armor.
  5. Boba-Fett DK's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:03 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #5

    Quote 987654321a said: View Post
    Chris is a busy guy, if I were you I would wait a bit. He tries to get to his pm's pretty quick but he has alot of work to do.

    I spent $270 for my FP V3 armor.

    Awsome thanks for the info, what did you recieve for the $270.00 just wanted to price things out since this is my first time every doing Boba Fett
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    760
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:04 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #6

    Chest, Collar, Shoulders, Knees, Back, Cod, and Kidney.

    FP also makes a really nice helmet and gauntlet kit as well.
  7. Boba-Fett DK's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:13 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #7

    Quote 987654321a said: View Post
    Chest, Collar, Shoulders, Knees, Back, Cod, and Kidney.

    FP also makes a really nice helmet and gauntlet kit as well.

    Wow that is a awsome price for all that, thank you very much for the info I will wait a while to see if I get a response. I am def. going to buy my armor and helmet from him I just saw photos of his work very nice.
  8. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:33 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #8

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Here are a few trimming tutorials I made up a while back when I got my armour.

    Video Tutorial - Basic Trimming
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSpljgtHz4

    Video Tutorial - Trimming Dents
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXfeZ-vUzKw

    When it comes to buying the paints, I just buy them on Testor's website. You won't really find them cheaper in any stores. Some bottles for the smallest details can run you $5. You should be able to find them all on Testors website, I think Milwaukee Road Orange is called MLWK Road Orange, or something along those lines. If you need, I can look up the bottle numbers if you'd like.
    That would be great if you could find the paint numbers. I couldn't find some of them... and I wasn't sure what "Chrome" I should get.
  9. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:36 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #9

    With Chrome, I just get the cheapest bottle of silver I can find. Chrome is debased once you put a dullcoat over it.

    What do you need paint numbers for, armour or helmet?
  10. dankenman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    529
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:45 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #10

    Who couldn't love this:

    I need to trim this stuff and get to work! Life sure does get in the way. Ok I have a good question.
    For ESB, I am to understand that I fill in ALL the dents in the backplate? I guess the best question would be; What mods need to be done to make it ESB or ROTJ accurate?
  11. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:49 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #11

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    With Chrome, I just get the cheapest bottle of silver I can find. Chrome is debased once you put a dullcoat over it.

    What do you need paint numbers for, armour or helmet?
    Actually... both helmet and armor would be great.
    Last edited by Mr. No Stripes; Feb 7, 2009 at 4:41 PM.
  12. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 7, 2009, 3:53 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #12

    Quote dankenman said: View Post
    For ESB, I am to understand that I fill in ALL the dents in the backplate? I guess the best question would be; What mods need to be done to make it ESB or ROTJ accurate?
    Yes, fill in both dents. I know for fact the one on the top right shoulder is not there, but out of assumption, I say that the bottom left is not there. I have seen no evidence to prove that it is there, but since one dent is missing, I assume the other is gone.

    When filling in the dents, I first score the heck out of it using an exacto, and go deep. Then I fill the dents with JB Weld, then sand it down. Repeat the process until the dent is completely gone, then to reinforce it so they don't come out, score the underside of the dent and cover it with JB Weld.
  13. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 9, 2009, 10:54 AM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #13

    Did you by chance find the numbers of those paints?
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,520
    Feb 9, 2009, 4:08 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #14

    Sorry, not yet. I will get on that when I get home.
  15. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 10, 2009, 12:22 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #15

    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Sorry, not yet. I will get on that when I get home.
    Thanks bro.

    I do have another question... which part of the original armor was metal...

    were the darts, missle, shoulder studs, ears on the helmet, and RF stalk all metal... or what was metal?
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    760
    Feb 10, 2009, 6:45 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #16

    Darts, missile, shoulder studs, ears, rf stalk, toe spikes, and knee darts.
  17. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 14, 2009, 5:54 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #17

    Quote 987654321a said: View Post
    Darts, missile, shoulder studs, ears, rf stalk, toe spikes, and knee darts.
    thanks bro.

    who makes the best aluminum stuff?
  18. superjedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,385
    Feb 14, 2009, 7:27 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #18

    Quote Tk5019 said: View Post
    The first question I have is where to I get all the paints on the Rouge Studios paint list? I've seen some but not all on Testors website... but they are doubly expensive there.
    I've ordered paints from hobbylinc.com before. Decent prices and pretty quick shipping.
    Not a perfect option for all TDH'ers, as they only ship within the U.S.
  19. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 14, 2009, 9:02 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #19

    Quote superjedi said: View Post
    I've ordered paints from hobbylinc.com before. Decent prices and pretty quick shipping.
    Not a perfect option for all TDH'ers, as they only ship within the U.S.
    Thanks bro. I'll check there and see if I can find all of them.

    Just need to figure out what all is what.
  20. superjedi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,385
    Feb 14, 2009, 10:47 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #20

    Well, for the body armor, there are only 3 basic colors not including whatever you choose for your weathering.
    The base green I used for ROTJ armor is Polly Scale US Med Green #F505082. For the damage I use Floquil Bright Silver #F110101 and Testors Model Master Yellow Zinc Chromate.
    For the ROTJ shoulders and knees, I use a base color of Polly Scale Reefer Yellow #F41412, with Bright Silver damage and Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yelow for the lighter yellow damage. That's #F414146. Also for some really fine contrasting yellow scratches, I've used Polly Scale Reading Yellow #F414378.
  21. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 16, 2009, 8:41 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #21

    Quote superjedi said: View Post
    Well, for the body armor, there are only 3 basic colors not including whatever you choose for your weathering.
    The base green I used for ROTJ armor is Polly Scale US Med Green #F505082. For the damage I use Floquil Bright Silver #F110101 and Testors Model Master Yellow Zinc Chromate.
    For the ROTJ shoulders and knees, I use a base color of Polly Scale Reefer Yellow #F41412, with Bright Silver damage and Polly Scale ATSF Catwhisker Yelow for the lighter yellow damage. That's #F414146. Also for some really fine contrasting yellow scratches, I've used Polly Scale Reading Yellow #F414378.
    thanks

    what do you use to weather it?
  22. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 19, 2009, 5:10 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #22

    I'm doing an ESB paint job, and trying to get Zinc Chromate, but I noticed that hobbylink only sells 6 bottles at a time...

    I checked at bearair, and they have bottles for $2.00 each, but shipping is like $14.00, and they don't have all the paints I need...

    Everthing on the testors website is expensive, and they don't sell masking fluid .

    know of any other places that are good?
  23. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 23, 2009, 2:30 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #23

    New Question:
    What is the little dimple on the bottom of the helmet called? and isn't it sappose to be metal? Anyone here make these?
  24. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Feb 23, 2009, 2:39 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #24

    The "Borden Connector"? Yes, it's made of metal, Spideyfett is going to do a run of these.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=30625
  25. formerly Tk5019 Mr. No Stripes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    260
    Feb 23, 2009, 2:51 PM - Re: New FP Armor Help Thread (Post your questions, or post your answers) #25

    Quote KaanE said: View Post
    The "Borden Connector"? Yes, it's made of metal, Spideyfett is going to do a run of these.

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=30625
    I kinda posted early without looking, sorry.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Mr. No Stripes; Feb 23, 2009 at 4:24 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Rangefinder Post/Stalk Thread
    By Migrate from As You Wish in forum Boba Fett Helmet
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2012, 12:45 AM
  2. armor size (pic update post #20)
    By Mullreel in forum Jango Fett Costume
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 24, 2010, 4:51 PM
  3. The Mando Tutorial thread *Please read first post*
    By Saz. in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 19, 2010, 10:20 AM
  4. 2nd armor set (updates now in last post!)
    By xfettx in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Aug 23, 2009, 2:25 PM
  5. Thread/post ?
    By FettUp in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 3, 2008, 10:29 PM